Other urls found in this thread:

nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Fluoride/TheStoryofFluoridation.htm
ada.org/~/media/ADA/Member Center/FIles/fluoridation_facts.ashx
thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/abstract
m.webmd.com/children/fluorosis-symptoms-causes-treatments
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7aTfyo0Xz_c),
youtube.com/watch?v=OzvasAJIHb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably not great, but its biggest effects are prenatal, so if you've already been born it doesn't matter much.

>effects
like?

It's a meme conspiracy theory, similar to chem trails, flat earth, and GMOs being bad

Massive chunk of the EU considers fluoride a toxin and even talking about dumping it into their water supply would be met with virulent outrage by scientists, government officials, and the populace.

Only in america do we have that put into our water supply with the handwaive of "it's for our teeth. The irony is we as a whole have worse dental health then fucking brittan and they don't put fluoride in their water.

>how bad is it?
Its literally a waste product. Thought this was common knowledge by now.

>scared of fluoride
>let terrorists in with open arms, give them jobs and housing and subsidize sexual assault
yeah great let's listen to the EU

Flouride is good for dental health, the reason America ranks low on dental health is due to shit diet, which no amount of meme ions can fix.

>If you've already been born

Kek

This is what flouride does to your pineal gland. Shut it down, the goyim know.
If you don't dream when you sleep, now you know why.

Link to studies that actualy say flouride is good for teeth?
I'm genuinely curious.

That image is literally the only 'proof' those conspiratards have agains fluoride, there's no scientific data about it, and even if there is it's probably misinterpreted

nidcr.nih.gov/oralhealth/Topics/Fluoride/TheStoryofFluoridation.htm

ada.org/~/media/ADA/Member Center/FIles/fluoridation_facts.ashx

There should be primary sources within.

These are probably going to be considered "biased" sources, but I honestly don't know who would be fucked with opining on dentistry other than dentists. If it is a grand conspiracy, they are doing a good job.

I have like 1500 ppm on my toothpaste

No data on a chemical? Might as well throw it in the water supply!

It's funny when people forget that Europeans are subhuman to Americans

How angry would you be if they stopped doing it?
I have read that it deposits in your brain but i deff dream when I don't use cannabis.

>Not taking Iodine

Top Cuck

I use Toms of Maine which, apparently, has none.

Teach me.

>subhuman to americans

Think about what you're saying, dipshit.

What concentration is in the water in your town? Cause toothpaste has 1500 PPM and I swallow some sometimes and I'm fine.

I work for the gubmint

Fluoride use in water is determined by county/city. Some areas use it, some don't. Theres barely any in there and its just enough for aesthetics for dem teefs.

The water in the US is insanely clean, all over the country.

If I were to try and replicate what happened in Michigan, I'd have to be a liar, my boss would have to be a liar, her boss would have to be a liar, all of our data would have to be lies (from multiple lab techs) etc. I dont know how they got away with that shit for so long. The EPA state agencies literally checks what I do pretty frequently.

I just had an interview with my state's EPD.
How do you like it?

Its comfy, but I'm trying to move up to biologist position as soon as this old fuck leaves.

The pay is average but the hours are great and the benefits are insane. I can call in and say I'm not coming in whenever I want and nobody gives a fuck. I get one paid day off every 2 weeks.

Half of my day is spent out in the field, the other half I'm in the lab doing random shit. I like it a lot

It's harmless. The only way it could do anything detrimental is by long exposure to huge amounts causing bones to get brittle which has only really been seen in a couple especially desolate places in China that aren't regulated at all.

>If I were to try and replicate what happened in Michigan, I'd have to be a liar, my boss would have to be a liar, her boss would have to be a liar, all of our data would have to be lies (from multiple lab techs) etc. I dont know how they got away with that shit for so long. The EPA state agencies literally checks what I do pretty frequently.

From my (very basic and simplistic) understanding of the situation, the problem was user side rather than supply side, the lead being leached from the lead solder used to seal pipes before the 1960's. Lead oxides have some level of water solubility, do they not?

That sounds premo. State iydmma?
Does it not deposit in your brain?

and the fact that dentist visits for kids are completely free in the uk.

We have to do yearly Pb and Cu checks for homes built during the years where lead pipes were common. We also have to make house calls for anyone with complaints and go through fluoride, Cu, Pb, ammonia, bacteria, ecoli, turbidity, pH, chlorine, calcium hardness, color, odor and taste for all inquiries.

County, actually.

Okay so I'm actually an anti-fluoride campaigner on the side, not saying for such org. for obvious reasons, but I'm on my mobile so I'll give you all the skinny.

Fluoride does function in order to help remineralise teeth and assists in forming arrested cavities where decay occurs.
When applied topically.
Topically.
Topically.
Ingesting it does nothing. The fluoride is not magically redirected from your bloodstream to your teeth. That is physiologically impossible.
Fluoride is a naturally occurring compound within ground water, but the fluoride that is used to fluoridate drinking water is actually 'hexafluorosilicic acid', an inorganic, synthesised compound that is EXCLUSIVELY (and you can Google this if you don't believe me) produced as a result of run off from manufactories, namely aluminum and fertiliser.
In 2014 the Lancet, one of the oldest running medical journals in the world, officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin.
thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422(13)70278-3/abstract
Singapore is the only country in the world in that has a fluoridation rate of 100%. Singapore is coincidentally the country that retains the highest incidence of dental fluorosis, permanent mottling and weakening of the teeth due to fluoride toxicity.
Ever wondered why it is that toothpaste carries a warning to monitor children brushing? No, it's not too ensure they brush right, it's because of a child consumes half a tube of toothpaste they will legitimately die (Google it).
Approx. only half of the fluoride you ingest is excreted from the body. The rest is shown to accumulate within the pineal gland where it calcifies over the lifespan of the recipient.
More countries in the world have banned or rejected fluoridation than there are those that fluoridated. Countries that are included on this ban are:

Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Belgium
Japan
Austria
Germany
Finland
China and many, many more.

CONT., stick around learn friends.

Interestingly, I'm the grandson of the NIH scientist who led the team that proposed fluoridating our water. He assured me that nothing was wrong with our water.

As of 2016, of the 196 countries in the world, only 25 of them artificially fluoridate, and only 11 of those fluoridate over 50% of their region.

This picture may come as a surprise to you, but how many of you know that this is? Do any of you recognise it? Maybe some of you have the same thing, mystery white spots on your front teeth or unusual brown mottling on others. This is actually dental fluorosis, and it occurs from consuming toxic amounts of fluoride in your developmental years.

Most of you after reading this will probably be thinking "well if it's that fucking awful for you, why the hell is it being put into some drinking water?", and honestly the truth is is that even today not many are able to recieve a concrete answer because the practice of water fluoridation really does fly in the face of good logic. I can't provide you with answer, but I can provide you with the information as to how fluoridation first began and you can form your own opinion based on that.

Cont.

Beginning in the late 1920's when heavy industrialisation was getting into full swing, certain industries were originally releasing their bywaste straight into the atmosphere via their flumes/stacks. This was obviously prior to the strict regulations implemented today, but a lot of these factories were originally situated next to and in and around farming land. Now for those factories that were releasing fluoride it was soon noted that livestock that lived in the surrounding areas of these factories were becoming sick. Not just sick, newborns were being born lame and deformed with bones so brittle they were unable to stand, adult livestock were developing neurological disorders and initiating behaviors such as walking in circles, into walls, chewing their tongues and all other manners of madness, and others just outright died. Tests were eventually conducted on the livestock, only to discover that they were all suffering with severe fluoride toxicity.
Now here's the thing, fluoride as a toxin is extremely expensive to dispose of in large amounts, and it's not a case of just dumping it into the ground, it has to be collected, handled and contained in a secure environment, and then sanitised and dumped at a site, still sealed, and never to be distrubed. With the amount of inorganic fluoride being synthesised it just isn't feasible, even with today's money. Now fluoride is a compound that has been the subject of study as early as 1901, but it wasn't until the 1930's after all that bother with the livestock that a study was commissioned to look into the potential BENEFITS of fluoride, and what was eventually found was that due to its remineralisation capabilities that fluoride could in fact aid dental care when applied (topically). Suddenly industry and government had a golden solution and a golden excuse. Filtration. It's dumped into the water and we ourselves, our bodies, function as the filter.

Cont.

>A major cause of fluorosis is the inappropriate use of fluoride-containing dental products such astoothpasteandmouthrinses. Sometimes, children enjoy the taste of fluoridated toothpaste so much that they swallow it instead of spitting it out.

>But there are other causes of fluorosis. For example, taking a higher-than-prescribed amount of a fluoride supplement during early childhood can cause it. So can taking a fluoride supplement when fluoridated drinking water or fluoride-fortified fruit juices and soft drinks already provide the right amount.
m.webmd.com/children/fluorosis-symptoms-causes-treatments

Primary sources are near the bottom of the article.

Cosmetic and not serious at all,

Don't just listen to me though, there are so many veteran dentists that are vehemently opposed to and actively campaign against fluoridation. Go research Dr Hardy Limerick, the retired Canadian associate professor and head of preventive dentistry at the University of Toronto and former President of the Canadian Association of Dental Research. He is EXTREMELY outspoken on fluoride and concedes that it is literal poison to the system.

If anybody is genuinely interested in learning more, there's a short documentary on this on YouTube (m.youtube.com/watch?v=7aTfyo0Xz_c), or you can find plenty of videos of Hardy Limeback himself talking on the subject.
Forgot to add but actually during WWII the nazi regime actually did experiment with adding fluoride to water supplies to function as a mind control agent due to their research providing evidence of its effect on the pineal gland. Note, the pineal gland is what you've all commonly heard of referred to as the "third eye" in pop culture.

Your grandaddy got paid off son.

Would you be angry if it stopped?

That's how I'm going to look at 35

I'll be making 6 figure salary, with 30% bonus, but will it be worth it?

>which has only really been seen in a couple especially desolate places in China that aren't regulated at all

Water fluoridation is banned in China..
It's even banned in Israel.

>That's how I'm going to look at 35
Including the noose mark on your neck?
What do you honestly believe it does to humans, cognitively? Can it be reversed?

youtube.com/watch?v=OzvasAJIHb4

Probably, My family thinks Im fucking up in life, pretty much found success but still no gf

Focused so long at work, that all I have become is an excellent engineer but, but what about the other areas of life?

No, but it costs the already inefficient beauroceacy time and my tax dollars that would rather fix my roads than humor some conspiracist nuts.

At present there is no known way to reduce acummulation of fluoride in the SYSTEM, and studies have indicated that it does affect cognitive function, memory and physical coordination amongst others (bone cancer is on the list too).

Saying this all, I want to tell you that I am actually using prescription heavy fluoridated medicated toothpaste due to the fact that I'm a high caries risk myself, DESPITE growing up in one of the 3 counties in my county that does fluoridates (less than 2% and I had to be born here ffs).
I'm not some raving loon dealing in conspiracies, I understand the topical benefits, but that aside I ended up taking my county council to court and now they foot the bill of the cost of the weekly amount of nonfluoridated bottled drinking water I buy after having backed them into a corner with them effectively medicating me without my consent by putting fluoride in the water supply and putting me at high risk of toxicity due the medication I have been prescribed. The thing that clinched it for me was when I whipped out the leaflet that comes with the toothpaste and outlined the sentence that stated "IF INGESTING FLUORIDE VIA FLUORIDATED WATER SUPPLY PLEASE DISCONTINUE USAGE OF THIS PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY AND SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE".

i have that. i'm like 38 go to the dentist every 5 years. never a cavity and the dentist is always angry trying to make cavities on my teeth

>I know better than the president of the Canadian Association of Dental Research and the hundreds of thousands of other dentists worldwide

What formal background to you have in this area to back up such claims.
Hint: none. Remember when gubment told you that cigarettes and asbestos were good and safe for you too despite them knowing for decades they were poisoning everybody? Remember that?

I'm not dead yet :^)

My teeth are perfect and I was born and raised in a fluoridated county. So I don't really care either way until my teeth start rotting out my skull or I literally keel over because of the chemtr- fluoride I mean.

Water will kill you if you drink enough of it.

Honest to god truth is that I know lot of dentists, met many on them whilst they are still at university training, and most of them couldn't actually tell you why fluoride is supposed to be good for you other than that "it's good for you". They simply don't know because it's in quite literally all of the textbooks from the moment they enrol and so unsurprisingly they never think to question it. Pretty much all the ones I've known have since reversed their stance on fluoride, but a lot of them will become quite angry or very defensive if you begin to question it because telling a dentist that fluoride isn't good for your system is like telling somebody else the world is flat, it is that ingrained into them through their studies.

>I don't have any academic background in this and I have no legitimate argument against your claims other than what I 'think' I know
>my anecdotal experiences are law
>"it hasn't happened to me so it's good!"
>I'm going to strawman you by accusing you of being a conspiracist
>gubment wouldn't lie to me, they're here to serve and protect me

Good goy.

The point of fluoride is that it doesn't kill you immediately faggot, it poisons you slowly over time.

Plenty of papers backing my statements up.

Plenty backing yours up.

I don't see your PhD, and you said another anons qualified grandpappy who happened to contradict your statement got paid off, which is baseless. So I will make a baseless assumption like you did and I will say you are a paid shill against good teeth by Big Toothpaste.

Stay woke, and keep fighting the good fight brother :^^)

Oxygen does the same thing

I don't have a PHD in endocrinology or dentistry, no, I just studied Biochem and Human Phys. in college and conducted one of my reports around fluoride toxicity for which I recieved straight distinctions.

You're arguing with a person that knows a hell of a lot more on a subject than you know and who possess no agenda beyond improving public health and opposing unconsented mass medication. Explain to me why it is you think you know better and how you came across this knowledge.
Truth is, you've never once researched any of this, both of us know this, you only know what you think you know from television, magazines, radio, word of mouth. If you did any real research into this you'd change your stance so fast I wouldn't even be smug, only relieved.

The relative toxicity of fluoride is actually more toxic than lead and slightly less so than arsenic.
In short, no, it's horrible for you.

>ur not as woke as me ur just one of the sheep

I looked at your sources, and I didn't care.

Why should I?

I never really cared in the first place.

Why would I get worked up over something as trivial as fluoride? No normal person has died as a direct result of fluoride. And I'm a normal person. I just don't care, its not relevant to my life.

You are acting like a vegan, get off your high horse and bitch about real problems, like global warming or the rapidly increasing amount of pollution in our oceans.

Can I get a synopsis/pointer of how a fluoride ion interacts with the body's biochemistry/where exactly it fucks things up? I'm not trying to argue, it's just that I skimmed a lot of the statistical evidence in this thread and I want something a little more concrete/chemistry focused. People mention things like "fluoride exhibits neurotoxicity," but that's not a good explanation of the mechanism by which fluoride is fucking us in the ass. Also I'm really lazy and hate navigating pubmed or what have you.

>Explain to me why it is you think you know better and how you came across this knowledge.
You know full well there is no lack of research supporting the use of fluoridation. You haven't done any research yourself, you've just cherry picked from papers published by others. You chose the papers that all say negative stuff about fluoride and it turns out that they all say negative stuff about fluoride. Wow such great research who would have thought. A meta-study is research, but a meta-study has to be conducted so that it avoids bias. What you've done is pointless.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

it is good for teeth, but not systemically. theres a reason you're not supposed to swallow toothpaste

calcifies the pineal gland and walls of arteries. when arteries become calcified, they stiffen and have less ability to dialite/contract, literally what is called heart disease. and i believe heart disease is in the top 3 causes of death in the us, although obesity doesnt help that statistic

What does the pineal gland do again?

produces melatonin

>considers fluoride a toxin
Holy shit you conspiratards are stupid

The concentration of fluoride is drinking water is not nearly large enough to affect human health. You absorb more from brushing your teeth once than you drink in a week.

Mercury is toxic too. That doesn't mean a can of tuna will give you dementia.

>most of them couldn't actually tell you why fluoride is supposed to be good for you other than that "it's good for you"
This is literally ortho 101 you goober

Theres a reason doctors roll their eyes at your tinfoil hooey instead of lecturing you on the nuances of dental health

>tfw I'm a genius fetus who can read and shitpost on 4chin but the flouride is slowly sapping my mental and physical strength so by the time I'm born I will just be a screaming wreck unable to even speak or walk anymore

fugg :--DDD

It's considered a toxin by the entire developed world.

Yeah a little bit on your teeth is okay but not nearly worth using because simple diet changes and drinking more PURE water would work better.
Having it your water supply? Bad. No good at all
All bad.

>what is concentration
ugh ugh
Chemicals bad. Chemicals poison.
Chemicals out of water ugh ugh

Is it possible to de-calcify my pineal gland

Yeah, bro! Good vibes!

Putting crystals in your water can also neutralize the mind-sapping jew powers of fluoride before they start eating away at your thetan!

It can occur naturally in the water supply, which is when these dangerous incidents occur.

This

I never said they don't understand its remineralisation properties, but most dentists can't tell you why DRINKING it is good and neither can you.
You're not even supposed to rinse your teeth/eat it drink after brushing because it washes away the fluoride, so tell me, again, why is it good to consume fluoride in your drinking water? What are the benefits to your teeth by Ingesting it?

Fluoride can occur naturally in the water, HEXAFLUOROSILICIC ACID can not, which is the inorganic version we put into the water.

No. Once fluoride has begun to calcify there it never comes off.