Why do you skip squats fit?

Why do you skip squats fit?

eight benches at my gym, and two squat racks

squat racks are always taken, but there's usually one bench open

I just do barbell hip thrust instead. bitches miring my glutes

Because, Blaha, T-rex mode isn't my goal.

Because before I was a lifter I was a runner and my thighs are still disproportionate to the rest of my body

but the quads doe

Here we go the runner thinks his legs are large again lmao

1 in every 5 or so squat sessions ends with me having a sore lower back.

How come this happens? I can go weeks squatting 3+ plates for reps, then all of a sudden I tweak something on a warm up set at like 2 plates.

I really don't understand, I'm doing the same thing on the times this happens, as I am every other time I squat.

Could it just be under-recovery?? But Ive always thought I need to hit that frequency, could it be that I need to lower my frequency? It doesn't seem to happen when I have longer breaks inbetween squatting.

Same with deadlifts, when I deadlift with high frequency I end up getting hip pain, this goes away when I reduce frequency.

>sore lower back
>no actual injury

Better quit yea

And replace it with what?

I lift from home.

My only lifts for Lower body are squats/deads, I have a trapbar but trapbar deadlifts will fuck with my grip recovery when it comes to normal deadlifts.

how come everything fucks with something and seems to not fit you? Are you a genetic dead-end glassman or are you just a pussy whining over aches and pains?

Because I don't like them. I squatted 3x a week for a few years and fucking hated it, started skipping workouts and losing motivation because I would just dread squats. Eventually I realized that consistency and enjoying my workouts were more important to me than doing a meme exercise. I still squat occasionally, but maybe once every couple of weeks if I just want some extra volume on legday.

Also, I feel my legs have enough mass as is so I'm more concerned with sculpting specific muscles than adding another 10kg to my squat.

How is it a meme exercise?

Your poor chest. Time to get back Fat bench and dips brah. No more meme-incline press for you, it's pretty obvious all you do is incline.

>here's the part where u deny it

Never did never will, squats are hard as fuck but i'm not about to do leg curls, leg press, thrusts, lunges and some other shit just so I would get even less gains.

I meant insofar as squats being an absolutely essential exercise and the meme that you NEED to squat.

Well, that happens when you perma stall on baby weights because you train like a retard and have no proper programming.

I mean, no offense man, but if you do something like squats then you need to learn a little more about working out then all the bro split perma no-progress guys on 90% of Veeky Forums.

Post a form vid. Only way anyone will actually be able to help you.

The most likely explanation is that sometimes your lower back just aches a bit when you squat. Happebs to all of us at some point and if it isn't getting worse or impeding your lifts/life just work through it.

>inb5 a thousand curlbros angrily tell me that you should stop squatting at the first sign of discomfort or literally all your discs will explode and you'll be wheelchair bound for life.

Skipped squats on tuesday
Feelsbadman.jpeg

>all that shit you listed

I actually tried replacing squats and deads with those exercises you mentioned, and despite doing tons more effort, sets and reps, I literally lost gains. Not only on the lower body, but also on the upper body, like my Traps.

When I stop deadlifting my traps shrink, not even shrugs can save them.

Your quads are actually proportionally huge compared to the rest of you.

Can't, have a knee condition that makes it extremely unhealthy.

Squat is a very hard exercise to replace and I would go as far no program can be considered if it doesn't include squats, almost every sportsperson does them, powershitters, olys and even bodybuilders do their squats with the exception of very few outliers.

>this is the house that Rippetoe built
Hiding behind that phone is the world's biggest chest gap, so I never really focused on my chest. Realized now how stupid that was and am blasting it with PHAT, wish me luck breh

Jesus christ you madman you actually tried them, I just see dyels at my gym that do all that shit and honestly feel bad for them.
But yeah just as my first post, I legit hate my 5x5 volume day of squats the most however it's too efficient of an exercise.

Squats are king, there's no denying that. However, after dropping them the gym has become a much more enjoyable place for me, and that is more important to me than a single exercise. Different goals for different folks.

Diagnosed with FAI.

cos i dont give a fuck how big my legs are senpai

and t b h after doing this a decade i reserve the right to do whatever the fuck i wan do

Just got done with them mate. Sitting down before some stiff leg deads.

>Home gym master race.

I skipped my last set because I was so fucking tired I felt like I was going to pass out and my knees kept caving in.

I try not to skip them but holy fuck they zap all of my energy. Also they go up wayy slower than any of my other exercises.

Does anyone else have issues being able to raise your squat not nearly as progressively as your other lifts? I'm doing ICF 5x5 and I'm moving up maybe 5-10 pounds a week instead of 15. Everything else I'm seeing increases on every work out. What could be causing this?

I know its not diet because I'm watching what I eat and actively gaining weight, and my protein is at a surplus. It can't be sleep because I've been getting about 10 hours a night all summer.