/plg/

Powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tzX4JC3qBo&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who is this guy in the video, and why do i seem him posted all over /plg/

What stretches do you do after heavy squats and deads?

>what is a title of a file and how do I use google

why leave Veeky Forums when someone else can tell me

Foam rolling
Cossack squat stretch
Pancake stretch
Jefferson curl
Hip flexor / quad stretch

John Haack
Ranked #1 u83kg IPF Powerlifter (beat Brett Gibbs at Worlds this year)
S: 298kg WR (high bar meme)
B: 200kg
D: 315kg
Total: 813 kg WR
Wilks: 543.49

My patella tendon is sore as fuck after a my technique went to shit while squatting yesterday. Now what?

R E C O V E R Y
E
C
O
V
E
R
Y

Can someone give me a watercut protocal?

These online guides i find have so much blog tier personal shit i dont want to read in them.

I do some light mobility work before training but otherwise no stretches.

how much do you need to drop? and is it 2hr or 24hr

5x10 squats

Wew lads

mid bar

aka high bar

Page 7 plg holy shit.

What happened did all the shit posters get banned?

hi guys

I wish.

you forgot to mention
>posted on /plg/

I still have DOMS from yesterday, so now i'm off work i'm going to go to the gym to do some light weights to get a pump and do some cardio to try and get some more blood flow to my sore areas and stretch them out a bit

Are you always supposed to inflate your maxes on sheiko, or is that just something yolo lifters who want to get fast gains but injure themselves along the way?

>"Deadlifts are safe"

That's some crazy grip strength right there

I assumed that the mentioning of him being the number one ipf powerlifting in the 83kg division would be enough to explain why he is posted in plg

no he lurks here sometimes

I bet you can smell the tren acetate in his piss

How long until Haack herniates his L5 or some other vertebrae?

I understand that round back pulling is a thing especially when weight gets near maximal but he seems to give no fucks and just do it all the time

More importantly, how can I bulletproof my vertebrae?

would you like some nutella with that peanut butter with that jelly?

fatty.

My grip strength is pathetic and I am looking to build it up via static barbell holds.

Can do I those on every session I have (I have 5 consecutive ones) or should I have one day pause between each?
Like, I do pull-ups every seession, my lats seem to recover just fine from one day to another, but I don't know if that applies to my forearms.

Why not just do some rack pulls?

also,

I dont understand all the hancott hate aside from his douchey public personaltiy?

It seems like everyone after the fact is painting him as a dumb failed athlete, but I dont think anyone here "saw it coming" that he was gonna fuck his shit up

hi mommy

It's just two dyel glorified hobbiests getting mad
At an actual athlete (hancott )

>Burnout is real in this sport.
Yes it is.

For desperate old men, though, the thought of escaping the daily grind to move heavy things is a wonderful distraction that seldom loses its charm :)

>every sport
Correct. Most athletes have 3-5 years of hard, dedicated training in them before they get injured or burn out (regardless of the sport).

Which is why my son will NOT be doing "organized" sport until he is in junior high.

There are select soccer leagues for THREE year olds in my state. THREE. What a way to ruin sport for a child.

Don't you mean you're wife's son?

Having a bunch of toddlers chasing around a soccer ball isn't a sport you fucking moron

:/ maybe this is what ruined sports for me.

>play in youth hockey, soccer, baseball, always bad or mediocre at all of them
>continue soccer into high school
>play varsity for 3 years but just because I am tall and fast

Sports were never fun to me as a kid because I always felt out of my league in competition.

Powerlifting (or """powerlifting training""" cuz lmao nomeet), despite my not being good at it, has always been fun for whatever reason

>Sports were never fun
Unless it's athlete-driven, then kids don't have fun. The parents and coaches do, but not the kids.

Which is pants-on-head retarded.

>Powerlifting (or """powerlifting training""" cuz lmao nomeet), despite my not being good at it, has always been fun
You have ownership of it. It's yours, and your decision (also is an individual pursuit). Glad you found something you enjoy.

>chasing around a soccer ball isn't a sport
By all definitions of the word, Soccer (even youth soccer) is a sport. It just isn't a well orchestrated execution of the sport, because the participants are 3.

A... Am I going to burn out?

Some athletes have determination and drive that lasts forever, r...right guys?

I'd dig my own grave but I bet my lower back would further blow out

Would you like some fries with that salt, Isley?

I feel bad for hubbard.

>he will never beat gibblet or USA because they're enhanced out the wazoo

>Am I going to burn out?
You can reduce that possibility if you take breaks a couple times per year to change your training focus (off-season). Do some conditioning, some oly lifts, bodybuilding, sports etc.

You'll improve your longevity and reduce the chance for mental burnout, stagnation, and injury.

>Some athletes have determination and drive that lasts forever, r...right guys?
Yes. They are the minority, however. Also remember that their drive might be near-infinite, but their connective tissue is not. HARD training has a price. And you never know when you're going to get the check.

third attempt from yesterday

What numbers are this new hypothetical Wilks based on?

Norsefag survey results when

Fuck good mornings do RDL instead

My advice from my wheel chair to you

>going heavy

CROSS TOAST
Dude, take some time off. Wait until your back heals - don't do above 65% until you're pain free.

Next time, LISTEN WHEN I TELL YOU NOT TO DO X BECAUSE IT'S RETARDED. Have you learned your lesson?

>(332 wilks)
You better cut this shit out until you compete or you and I are going to have a falling out.

heavy for you

You should really take your non competition wilks out of your name.

My plan currently is to do 250 reverse hypers, 100 squats and 100 RDLs every session.
I also have a comp at the end of this month so taking time off isn't an option.

>no gymbro to call me up and call me a pussy so i'll go do diddlys today
damn it Alex this could have been perfect why'd you move away.
now I gotta motivate myself.

how come DANKLIFTS stays SAFE and gets a qt GF while im ALONE and SNAPPED

How you snapped? I'm snapped bad. What's your issue and what do you do?

>hasn't learned his lesson
>has a moronic plan

Oh jeez fuck you're hopeless. You know I call you Moron right?

Thank you for the detail. I see the key is to keep training interesting an d be motivated - probably in more than one sporting area.

Christ Haino, you got bloody lucky with your proportions... Mate...

>how come DANKLIFTS stays SAFE
Because he's cleaned up his technique and doesn't do anything as insane as SHEIKO WITH 15% INFLATION FROM DAY ONE C'MON and is a sociable chap (read normie) instead of an esme orbiter?

Bench.
Rushed the pause, but it's kind of hard to time it without a ref and me still not being very experienced.

Felt like bodorio with the imbalanced lock-out heh

I've done 320 in competition and did 332 in a mock meet yesterday.

What do you want me to put there instead? Total and bodyweight? Would be the same thing.

Tbqh Isley, if it didn't hurt to even get up right now I'd be walking down to the train tracks to jump.

250/100/100 is my best bet, being sedentary only reinforces the fucked shit to stay fucked. Gotta get blood pumping round constantly so it fixes itself.

All the RDLs and Squats are with the bar btw

Do you have the Pepsi man video. I love that one

320 is your wilks.

332 is your gym wilks (not a thing)

1. I didn't post that. 2. I didn't inflate sheiko, i hurt myself doing deads with literally no bracing lol 3. I don't orbit emse please don't categorise me and my wife's son in that group ever again

Is the Italian still in London?

Also it's pretty cool that you meet all these people from here irl (garagebro, Jesus, Wank etc.)

youtube.com/watch?v=-tzX4JC3qBo&feature=youtu.be

Always

Have it bookmarked.

Gonna watch it now for some #motivation

You really gonna get mad because of 12 points?
k, I'll change it to ewilks instead.

Better?

But you still have no wilks because it's not competition confirmed.

You only get a wilks by competing, duh.

Yes

Yeah man it's awesome. I have to work a bit to make it happen but it's cool af.

Oh sorry, wait are you Moron?

>showing your wilks off at all
Little attention whore, aren't we? But well, this is /plg/ afterall. Literal cancer, but the only place on Veeky Forums where people actually lift.

Tbh I think you must be a lot more sociable than people give you credit for

>attention whore

As if 330 wilks was anything close to half-decent.

I am the guy who injured his lower back at the begging of this year and has problems ever since

Excactly. Drop it.

Islet =/= george

More because of the lack of understanding of what wilks is

But yes, e-wilks is better.

Err, you'd have to ask the people that've met me

I feel like I have way better friends than I ever deserve.

My life is at its lowest right now

Squat. Went really deep.

Looks like you barely broke parallel. lol.

That's a nice estate

Shit form bruh

Stop posting Rafaels webms, trappy

Wear a belt.

t. Broken back man who wants to end his life

If you don't belt your squat you're a fucking idiot.

Period.

What about having good form?

Is buttwink that bad?

Garagebro doesn't deserve his back issues

All you fuckers have such bad form and get away pain free. Fuck you.

Doesn't matter. The pressure the belt takes off your lumbar spine is far greater than any reason you had to train beltless.

Also your unbelted squat looks shit cause it is shit

Yea, only idiots like Jonnie Candito say otherwise.

He deserves them and everyone else does too. Pulling with injury-driving form is eventually going to fuck you up.

Are these good for squatting/deadlifting?

Looks plenty deep to me.

Nike doesn't make any good pLing shoes

Livia? My sunshine?

R8 b8 h8 my form

Maybe even (masturb8)

Still looks like you're just a little below depth. Not the best angle, but top of the hip joint is just below the knee.

Yeah, looks like you have a bit of forward lean making your shins go out farther, which would make it harder to reach depth

where did my little monkey go

My hip joint is way below my knees.