Lifting shoes

People have told me that lifting shoes should be half a size roomier or so than other shoes. Like if you push your toes forward, you should have a pinky to spare in your heel.

Is this complete bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

maxbarbell.com/collections/weightlifting-shoes/products/warrior-wei-rui-weightlifting-shoes
maxbarbell.com/collections/weightlifting-shoes/products/zen-wei-rui-weightlifting-shoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they should be tight

why would you want to be sliding around in lifting shoes

What's bullshit is believing you're at a point where wearing memelifting shoes will somehow improve your lifts or even be necessary.

You're a marketers dream user...

Feels good man.

The heel lift can benefit anyone who squats what are you talking about

Lifting shoes increase lifts due to body mechanics, but do not increase overall strength. Best to save your money unless you actually plan to compete.

Because I don't wanna start a new thread I'll ask in here.
What are some great running shoes?

lifting shoes are desu senpai.

If you want to get stronk, get some minimal shoes, be as close to barefoot as possible. I personally love New Balance Minimus shoes because they're ultra thin, ultra light, and I can also run in them when I do HIIT. It's the closest thing to squatting and deadlifting in my socks with just a minor amount of added support and without being that faggot that deadlifts in socks at the gym.

Mine are uncomfortably tight.

My heels don't slip around while lifting.

>If you want to get stronk, get some minimal shoes, be as close to barefoot as possible.

sure, dont train like those olympic weightlifting weaklings with their fancy shoes and shit... just train like this guy on fit who wants his feet to be at one with the floor.

lern2skwat mechanics

How many guys do you see wearing lifting shoes in gyms compared to girls who wear lifting shoes?

Every gym I go to it's always the girls that need all these little crutches to keep them motivated and spending someone else's money on shit that isn't essential and only serves to fuel a bottom line from an observant shoe manufacturer.

Lifting shoes are not essential to your lifts. Any low profile shoe will do.

>you don't need wl shoes
>be natty shoeman without shoes
>shoes are cheating might as well roid
wtf is this shit?
I leave Veeky Forums for one week and all of a sudden weightlifting shoes are bad for you? Who drank the koolaid?

OP. Buy shoes. Power Perfect 2 are fucking amazing and come at a reasonable price. They should fit as a normal shoe, not to tight and not to loose. Comfy and snug.

>don't buy shoes
fuck off. I have seriously never met a single person who is semi-serious about weight training who doesn't own a pair of shoes. If you have been consistantly hitting the gym for +3 months and don't plan on stopping, get a pair.

Some people end up feeling more comfortable squatting without WL shoes, but that's a minority. And they will say the same fucking thing as me: Get a pair, try it out.

>got lifting shoes
>got used to squatting with them, no real increase in the rate of progress
>changed my program around so I had to squat and deadlift on the same day
>stopped wearing lifting shoes
>never felt more comfortable squatting
They're not for everyone, especially for powerlifting. If you're doing oly lifts then you need a pair, but for most of us they're completely optional. Pic related are my favourite shoe that I've ever owned.
Also they should be tight.

>I leave Veeky Forums for one week and all of a sudden weightlifting shoes are bad for you? Who drank the koolaid?
it's just poor people who can't afford shoes. they band together and convince themselves that shoes are actually not useful at all.

those are wrestling shoes

You are correct.

I have Romaleos and like 'em. (Have had them for something like four years now, incidentally, and they're still going strong. Not like running shoes where you have to replace them every six weeks or you get stress fractures. So take that into account.). If I wanted flats I'd get wrestling shoes or throwing shoes.

I kind of think it's mostly just one guy. I see the same phrases and tropes being recycled.

fuck off moron... some of us have been lifting longer than you've been alive. Zero pairs of these shitty wastes of cash owned.

my lifts or size have never suffered for not buying into a meme shoe aimed at a generation of mouth breathers.

>falling for the marketing memes
Just lift barefoot or in minimal shoes. I lift in merrell barefoots and they are the tits. I just slide them off for sqwats and all is right in the world

>All these poorfags ITT who can't spend at worst 350 dollarydoos for their hobby

>being this old and crusty and not having $100 to spare
sounds like you fucked up
>aimed at a generation of mouth breathers
olympic shoes have been used for decades, dickbreath
>my lifts or size have never suffered
you don't seem to have a baseline to compare that to

good for you user
>falling for marketing memes
>minimal shoes
>I lift in merrell barefoots
how much did you pay for your totally not marketing and 100% natty shoes?

Out of curiosity, what are your lifts?

For Adidas, yes. Nike are usually the opposite

if you spend 350 on shoes you're retarded

Should I even be thinking about lifting shoes if I can't even squat 1 plate or keep using my flat sole Pumas?

>hurr durr I paid $300 to maybe add 2.5kg to my lift

literally why

Plus gym membership
Plus lots of food
Plus supps

Nah Ill pass on getting jew'd, thank you ;)

There's no minimum level of strength for lifting shoes any more than there's a maximum mile time for running shoes. Start thinking about lifting shoes when you want to. Trying before you buy is nice, if possible.

Basically agreed. The reason those of us who lift in shoes continue to do so is not that we were brainwashed by the shoe companies (when was the last time you saw an ad for lifting shoes?); it's because we tried it and liked it.

Boy howdy, if you think lifting is expensive you should never, ever take up...well, virtually any other hobby desu. I guess knitting is probably cheaper.

They don't actually make you stronger, they marginally help with form.

It makes sense for people who compete in competitions to buy them - they need every bit of help they get to find a way to lift that extra bit of weight

If you're just lifting to build strength and aren't competing, there's no reason. They aren't going to help with your strength or your progression.

As long as you're not using a pair of squishy runners, or thick soled workboots you're more than fine

If you cook for yourself, food is cheap.
If you're buying lots of supps the jews already have you.

Spending $120 on a pair of shoes that will last for years? That's too much?

Workboots are OK, actually. They'll make your deadlift a little harder since they raise you up a bit, but if they hold your foot in one place, provide decent arch support, and have a firm, incompressible sole, you're good to go. (But good work boots are mighty expensive, and I don't imagine many of the Veeky Forumsizens who complain about the price of lifting shoes have a pair of White's Smokejumpers sitting in their closets.).

They also tend to seriously restrict ankle dorsiflexion, which is not good for squatting in and can make setting up for deadlifts suck even if you don't care about the slight deficit.

True. I'd leave the top few inches of tongue unlaced. You can see Malan do this with his high-tops.

Are these any good?

Yes goyim, keep being weak, good goooood goyim

yep

Converses bro.

Dumbest fucking post of the day and it only took 3 hours in.

How are these ones guys?
They are pretty cheap

Bought the Adidas Powerlift 3.0 the other week. Bought them 1/2 size bigger.

They're fine. If you're ballin on a budget check out maxbarbell.com/collections/weightlifting-shoes/products/warrior-wei-rui-weightlifting-shoes
and
maxbarbell.com/collections/weightlifting-shoes/products/zen-wei-rui-weightlifting-shoes

i have a pair of these and the Adidas Adipower Weightlifting Shoes.

I prefer the latter as they have a slightly higher heel elevation.

However both do what they're supposed to do, really well.

Anyone know a lifting shoe with a wide toe box that is not the Romaelo?

I have Paul Bunyan feet.

Do-wins.

Bless.

I have them and I love them except they run small and I had to take the insole out to wear them (which makes them fractionally more solid so maybe that's good?)

They have flex and they're more compressible than a pro shoe, but that means you can walk in them without looking like a retard so great for a hobbyist lifter.

Grats on buying different shoes to lift in instead lmao.

Might as well learn how to squat in them early.

What about chuck taylors?
A friend of mine just gave me an unused pair of black chucks. Squatting in them right now. Im a fan

it costs $350 total to ship a pair to where i live and if for whatever reason mine broke, i wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair. One of the best investments i made regarding lifting besides my belt. Squats (especially front squats) have never felt comfier

I also use them as my work shoes as well :^)
$20. Gotta get those online deals

>not having diy lifting shoes
And no I'm not the ductape guy

Post your work

Those olympic lifters are such suckers right