Anyone else here box or do other combat sports?

Anyone else here box or do other combat sports?

I do.

I'm a pretty good Tekken player

How do you go about "eating clean" ?

Its easy to add fruits and vegetables and cut back on fat, but man fuck boiled eggs and fish.

Floyd Mayweather might not be able to read but god damn is he ridiculously fucking rich

how is cutting back on fat "eating clean"? are we back in the 80s when fat was bad for you?

Not good fats like peanut butter and shit I'm talking about double cheeseburgers and fried foods and shit like that.

Could you imagine if he could read? He would literally be President.

I don't eat that shit anyways because I'm vegetarian. Also, I love eggs. Because of my fast metabolism I never had a big problem cutting but getting big would be hard for me.

I love boxing
I wanna get back into grecco roman wrestling but there is no gym
;_;

I do muay thai, it's really good cardio and it feels pretty satisfying to punch and kick things.

>into grecco roman wrestling

Gay as Fuck.

its easy, i just dont.
only thing im having a hard time with is soda.
So i just drink less of it.

It was easy for me to quit soda and cigarettes.

I'm having trouble with candy and weed

I do boxing and kyokushin. Best combo in my opinion, as well as the most fun and highest chance to meet cool people.

>kyokushin

Educate me senpai

It's a non pussy karate, full contact, hardcore fighting, while still having the martial arts part for weebs if you're into that. I started off with muay thai as teen, but moved to kyokushin because I couldn't afford it, and kyokushin was free with free summer camps included with Japanese senseis and shit.

And in my case, the club itself was better all around. Better people, harder training, bigger club with more equpment and shit, several competitions an year, etc.

No, but I used to clubbing a lot with my friends, one of which was ripped, and a magnet for barfights. People would see this juicy 6'3", 250 lb dude and decide to pick a fight with him, so I would get sucked in b/c I'm supposed to back him up.

I'm doing box 1hour per day and 5 days per week, this was my first week and I attended only 3 days, the routine is so tough that the next day my whole body hurts a lot
Is it true that eventually it will stop hurting so much?

>Is it true that eventually it will stop hurting so much?

Yeah, just like anal.

>kyokushin was free with free summer camps

wew lucky I've been trying to get into kyokushin but it's so far away from where I live not to mention it costs about the same as shotokan which is closer but the sparring rules are pretty much a joke here

been doing FMA for years already

wanna get into boxing but I love to kick muay thai and kickboxing seem to be my option but since kickboxing isn't as popular here I might as well go for muay thai once I graduate

Any tips for beginners in box?

Should I take a shower after 1 hour or before my box class?

Shotokan is fucking shit. Where do you live though? I wouldn't suggest kyokushin unless you're eastern european, german, or japanese. I've been to a lot of international tournaments and camps and stuff, and all other countries are just bad at it.

Could you tell your routine pls?

Don't quit weed, just before you get high, get ready to do something physical, like shoes on ready to run, bike, hike, or even walk. Start toking, walk out the door and enjoy man (:

I live in the philippines
so I guess that's out of the question then since I'm not in those regions might as well go for muay thai then

I just do a PPLxULx type of training

I prefer to train skills independently from lifting since I seperate them and compound movements help with general strength anyway so I don't see the purpose of adding or changing anything from your standard compound heavy routines aside from lessening bicep and tricep work so I can train more

Didn't know you had kyokushin over there. Which federation is your club in? Probably not in the kyokushin-kan one, which is the best, followed, by shinkyokushin. The rest are not really involved in the scene.

i wrestle. not the faggy pro wrestling tho.

>wrestling
>not faggy

Whatever helps you sleep at night, fag.

t. insecure about his sexuality

there is nothing inherently gay about wrestling

I do. I'm in a cut because I was 140 kg eight months ago, and as I am quite tall I was winning every training combat, but man, I had no stamina at all.

Now I'm 90 kg, gain some mucles, but not that much, but the best part is I can punch much more and faster, and I don't lose my footstep after the second assault. I'm really thinking about going ahead and getting into real fights.

>Didn't know you had kyokushin over there

was pretty surprised myself when I found out

>Which federation is your club in
they're apparently "IKO(internationat karate organization) kyokushinkaikan"

>anime poster calling other things gay
EVER. FUCKING. TIME
Also,
>greco roman wrestling
>gay
It's the manliest form of combat

Learn to cook and season your food properly. If you actually eat plain boiled chicken youre doin i lt wrong.

Dumb anime poster

IKO is good though, you should go check the club out. Pretty lame that it's not free for you though, in my country we have a big sponsor, so it's great.

okay then nice to know that they're a good federation will check them out then

It's not gay, it's just stupid. The manliest form of combat is an actual fight. There's just no room for debate here. If you prefer watching wrestling over MMA or a good boxing match, you either grew up with wrestling, your dad is a wrestling coach, or you're retarded. Even boxing's rules are too oppressive and allow for bullshit fights, wrestling is even worse. New age MMA is the shit. It's the future of combat sports. Wrestling is nothing but a pillar in its foundation

>picks worst girl
>gargles dick
Checks out
Every form of martial art comes from grecco
And unlike faggot obes like judo its meant to kill folks and can be used anywhere
T. 195 guy who beat the shit out of a 260lb guy on the street

ill give you that. but i guess you're right, ive been wrestling since i was little.

I train daily to combat autism on anonymous image boards. Come at me bro.

>I am trained in autism warfare

Judo was meant for killing. It was born just like jiu-jitsu out of combat, in situations when samurai were disarmed and were not just gonna kick a man in full armor, instead, would use said armor's weight against him in throws and locks

I box and do savate.
I'm a better puncher than kicker tho because I have short legs

Where do you live?

Doesn't mean anything. Tyson had pretty short arms, so practice your kicks

You should look up the history of grecco user
Tell me again which one built an empire that took on and won the world

Bulgaria

Half of the UFC champs have too. It's a very solid sport and creates tough people. But there's also severe limitations to it

Yeah but you can actually fight in with punches with hooks and uppercuts. It's much harder to do so with kicks and I just end up break the distance, box and finish with a kick as an exit strike.
But you're right. I'm practising it a lot and I've gotten much quicker on my toes to move around and place meaningful kicks

MMA is hot garbage. Great concept, just shit to watch.

Give me Provodnikov Vs Bradley or Castillo vs Corrales any day over an MMA match. Maybe in a 100 years it'll be better to watch. Its fun as hell to practice though.

Stupid question, any good resources om cooking for beginners?

>most fights dont end in grappling
t. faggot who got choked

Or you could be Bob Sapp and try to overpower the Japanese heavyweights because you can't fight anywhere that isn't an asian country.

>tfw throwing a fat bastard to the ground and chocking him out
Felt good brah

Well I'm not freakishly huge and big or a nigger but I never do legs.
Am I bob sapp mode ?

MMA evolved past boring wrestlefuck matches. The best fighters have amazing takedown defense nowadays. There's always the threat of it, but it's a lingering presence instead of a deciding factor

Does bullying thinks and carboys at the gym count as a contact sport

This shit ass autocorrect. Wtf I hate Android now.

Chinks*
Fatboys*

Only if you fuck them in the ass afterwards. Contact sports are cardio so you need at least that

>actual fight
>MMA
>MMA has rules
Retard spotted

>what is reading comprehension
MMA's the closest you'll get to gladiatorial fighting in modern sports. It's the 'manliest form of combat'. Dumbass.

Do you even watch MMA? The majority of fights end up in grappling.

I do full contact armored combat,

Yes but noone cares, MMA fans are all faggots and fedora tippers who want to be a "leet gladiator" as you say

Boxing takes into account grappling by restarting a fight everytime it happens. Judo and BJJ, in training, also cover what positions are good and which aren't good for real fights rather than competitions. All martial arts study fighting, so there is no point comparing them. If you try hard enough you can study anything and be a good fighter.

When mid tier fighters fight. Whenever top tier fighters duke it out, grappling is often not a factor.

Combat sambo and bjj.

No one cares except the millions of fans around the world. Nice projection there. You see a line you don't like and immediately respond with your own end all be all opinion. I was responding to someone else who claimed wrestling is the manliest form of combat when it's obviously too limited for that.

Floyd mayweather would never be the fighter he is, nor would he be undefeated if grappling was taken into account. That's a stupid way of thinking. MMA unites all the styles into the most optimized way of fighting.

Is that why Fedor Emalianenko has 20 victories by knockouts or decision, and 16 by submissions?

Maybe he can stand on all that money and make himself taller

Fedor was most active when MMA was different. You're completely ignoring the main point of what I say. I love Fedor as much as the next hardcore MMA fan, but he would never be able to submit someone like Cain Velasquez or JDS. Not through grappling. Even BJJ masters like Werdum know they have to be good strikers nowadays, otherwise their ground game will be completely nullified.

No, what I'm saying is that you are aware of the limitations of your martial art when you study it. Mayweather knows boxing doesn't train grappling at all, and all boxers know this, so he either needs to train it in parallel or avoid it if he were in a real fight. MMA is not le magical superior martial art, in fact it is so broad the people who train in MMA gym suck ass because they can't master anything.

>average ahmed mugging you on the street has professional defense against take downs

That's absolute bullshit you're saying. Fighters like wladimir klitschko or tyson fury would never reach they "heights" they have if grappling was a factor in boxing. You can't utilize range the same way. You can't abuse it like they do. And mayweather isn't very physically powerful despite being a defense prodigy. He just isn't. Even his stance wouldn't be the same if it wasn't pure boxing. Say what you will, there is an optimal style of fighting. You don't have to call it MMA, but that's how it is

I do Krav Maga OP.

in b4 /pol/ shits the bed

>there is an optimal style of fightin

riiiiiiiiiiight. Because every fight is the same.

You can optimize for punching against a single guy the size of you. That's boxing.

You can also find styles that will prepare you for more situations. But there's no one best for all.

You need boxing and wrestling. And that's a sweeping generalization, but what I mean is that the Jon Jones' of the world will always be superior to other styles

>Did boxing for 2 years
>Only did trainings where we didnt really spar
>Didnt want to do that cause I didnt want to hit people
>Actually I was just being a pussy
>Want to go boxing again and this time actually do some sparring with people but gonna get my eyes lasered and dont wanna risk it for atleast a year
>I can atleast throw a proper punch. Would probably have trouble actually hitting someone but hey I got decent form.

Quote: "manliest form of combat is an actual fight"

We can all see your replt by going through the replies anyways, but since you think we're too stupid to read it and can get away with pretending you weren't a fucking retard, here's a picture

DA JEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWZZZ