What is the best martial art, Veeky Forums?

What is the best martial art, Veeky Forums?

I did boxing and karate for about 3 years in total.
But MMA is obviously the best.

Krav Maga because it's a legitimate survival fighting style

MMA is not a martial art

There's a karate dojo about a block away from my apartment. What are your thoughts on it? Would you recommend it? It's an actual Japanese sensei, not some Americanized feel-good bullshit

What about Muay Thai?

Krav maga has no governing body and no competitions so the quality varies.
If you find a good school then it's good

>MMA is obviously the best

MMA is not a martial art. People learn MMA solely to fight people, not to experience the philosophy or discipline present in actual martial arts from Asia.

Muay Thai + Boxing

Go for it

Depends on what kind of karate it is.

ITT: the same responses and arguments as every other martial arts thread on any website ever

Are you serious? MMA= mixed martial arts. How is that not a martial art? And martial arts don't have to come from Asia, nor have "philosophy". But MMA fighters also have mental preparations.
> This kek was top

As a martial art, it's great but only if you are good with feet. But it depends on what style is that dojo teaching. Most of that have weird rules regarding fights

a gun

Dumb fucking weebs

this. buncha weebs who think the art matters at all.

obviously don't join some belt-factory but if you mind the mechanics properly and apply them in consistent practice, you'll be as good as your effort and research allows.

There is no "best." Just try things out and see what works out for you. If you're in it to fight someone or become a "bad ass" then I think that's not a very good reason to study a martial art.

Of course it also greatly depends on the quality of the dojo you decide to join. Whichever martial art you decide to take up, do a bit of background check and see which ones have the most experienced instructors.

Honestly all disciplines are only as good as the coach. I've been to dojo's where the sensei was awful and great, it's what makes the difference.

As far as personal experience I'd say muay Thai offers the highest ceiling for knowledge. It's like chess to checkers as far as other disciplines.

>How is an omelette not an egg? it's literally just mixed eggs.

Kyokushin

MMA is a sport of mixed martial arts

>A gun is a good way to get exercise and practice gross motor skills

Check them

HEMA

I never leave my home without my Eineinhalbhänder anymore

Karate is actually a great martial art. Its a great mix of fluid 'soft' techniques and powerful 'hard' ones.

If the sensei really is legit you should consider training at your local dojo. You will develop good health and become an effective fighter.

Fucking weeaboo, please kill yourself. Nobody wants to see someone obsessed with someone else's culture. Culture is something you're born into. You're just trying to take it without any reason.

Fuck off and watch some Bruce Lee movies and aspire to be like the big phony, you pathetic weeaboo

Krav Maga i guess

Teakwondo, but make sure to do it at a proper Dojang with a proper korean instructor instead of the Jewish bullshit that mostly gets taught nowadays.

There's nothing wrong with embracing the positive aspects of another culture.

Stay mad.

>best martial art
No such thing
Judo is the best at throws, muay thai may be the best at kicking, etc.

I'm not obsessed with their culture. Martial arts deal with universal philosophies, such as remaining calm in stressful situations and relieving stress.

Taekwondo is useless. The ATA has made it into a sport that rewards people for participating rather than actually being good.

BJJ. You use it against other people. If you ever got into a fight, you'd know how to control the situation because you had practiced against something besides a punching bag. Good luck using your faggy katas in the real world.

GunKata

Bjj and Muay thai/kickboxing

this nigga

this

Wushu is pretty good if you want strong legs, cardio and body control.

Use a gun or a knife you weebs. BJJ is a close second. All striking-based martial arts (including Krav-Maga) are shit-tier.