Wtf happened Veeky Forums?

Wtf happened Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kA-vCAd-3mY
youtu.be/4Z59bvf_0Hc?t=60
kdvr.com/2015/01/12/paralyzed-crossfit-athlete-refuses-to-quit-after-freak-accident/
instagram.com/kevinogar/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that pig like scream
It was awful

what happened is that he tried to lift more than 190kg over his head
madman

Fukkin nightmare bro

Is his weight lifting career over?

Not really, an injury like that will take a very long time to fully heal, but he's still young, I'd say in a year's time he'll be back at it if he doesn't decide to retire.

Say goodbye to your ARMenia

Link?

5 seconds on google, man...

youtube.com/watch?v=kA-vCAd-3mY

Not enough protein probably

oly lifting is probably the most dangerous olympic sport.

He drinks only soy milk

>didn't see both cycling road races
retard

Cycling is normally very safe it's just that this year the olympics is held in a third-world shithole and they cut corners with the quality of the asphalt roads.

Armenian genocide

FUCK That must have hurt

Could be sleep-deprivation.

Lack of sleep can weaken normally strong muscle.

>cycling is normally very safe
m8 4 cyclists have died in races this year alone. You can approach speeds of 50mph on descents and all you have is a helmet

how do I get this level of joint mobility

Looks like one arm moved too far in one direction, throwing him severely off-balance.

This in turn put way too strain on his other arm. The barbell went down due to the imbalance.

As the barbell went down, the over-strained arm finally hit its physical limit.

I would have let go as soon as I realized I was dangerously off-balance.

Shit happens.

There was this crossfitter who let go in that situation and the barbell struck his spine rendering him paralysed from waist down for life.

bro, several riders have been kill this year alone.
Just watch Froome reach 90kmh with a semitransparent lycra as his only protection.
youtu.be/4Z59bvf_0Hc?t=60
Go to 1:00
Also I believe Valverde reach once up to 104 kmh or something like that. There are a lot of injuries too, in last year's vuelta there was at least one guy that fell and was on a coma for a while iirc and breaking bones is almost normal.

>crossfit

Look at 0:07. That's when he's off-balance and unable to recover.

Actually, on second thought he didn't really have time to let go before the injury could happen.

He caught on-fast he was in trouble, but his body couldn't react fast to drop the barbell.

Taking it like a man. Good for him.

Or pure adrenaline, and he was crying like a bitch on the way to the hospital.

Yes. Complete absence of any kind of body protection will do that.

20 dollars say those plates are turkish made

The pain would be nothing compared to the dread of what it means for his future and career. Andrenaline doesn't help with that.

>The pain would be nothing compared to the dread of what it means for his future and career.
this
poor guy

On adrenaline most people aren't thinking four years ahead.

Hey, Armenian pig. It's a war. Things happen.
t. Raycip

F O A M R O L L I N G
O
A
M

R
O
L
L
I
N
G

Yeah but he recovered and is Crossfitting again. They human body is very resilient

I'd take a broken elbow over never walking again.

I don't understand how the olympian would have fared better if he let go and the same thing had happened to him?

id take never being able to walk again or being dead :^)))))

lets continue this 1-uppery

AttaKek

I'd take never being born over being alive

You saved everyone else who comes into the thread some time linking it. OP's faggot ass should've linked it with the starting post to begin with.

You're missing the point. If he held on to it like that Armenian guy instead of just letting go and allowing it to strike him he could still be walking today.

id take being dead over being never able to die

the turks are responsible for this

I think there was a Korean olympic lifter who had the same kind of injury but he recovered and went on to break the world record in the next olympics.

Holy shit those fucking cunts laughing at him

He's walking again

kdvr.com/2015/01/12/paralyzed-crossfit-athlete-refuses-to-quit-after-freak-accident/

>oly lifting is probably the most dangerous olympic sport.

Statistically speaking you are wrong.

Wow. I wonder if a regular person who had his spine severed would be able to achieve this? The reason being that he was very athletic and his muscle-to-CNS connection was very developed because of all the lifting he did?

Wait a sec....what's going on in pic related?
Which one us the hand, the one above the arm or below?
And what the fuck is the other part?
Did he fucking get an exposed fracture?

Top is his thumb

>Jan 2015
Sorry but no, still wheelchair-bound. He's just using his brute upper strength to support his lower body with that walker. Highly impractical.
instagram.com/kevinogar/
You can't recover completely from spine damage.

How the fuck is it so far apart from the other fingers??
I couldnt watch the video, did he tear his hand open?

His shit got snapped up.

How come they don't wear body armor?

It'd reduce the risk of a spine injury.

I've broken my leg just like that. I was doing a bunch of fulls on a tumble-track, but same break.

It goes numb for a bit, then it hurts bad. Like
said. The thought of how fucked up I was and how it would affect my future gymnastics hurt more than the break

Women were a mistake

-God

This is what happens when strong people, but complete amateurs to weightlifting, do snatches and C&Js.

It will never end well. Crossfit is a plague.

no, he just has quite big palms

Just wear body armor and you don't have to make that Sadistic Choice.

The weights will bounce off the armor, at worst cracking it instead of you.

You save your arm and your spine.

> tons of typos
> calling bad judgement a freak accident
> what the fuck is this?
> FOX
oh, nvm

Did you have to give up gymnastics

Wasn't there an Olympic cyclist that couldnt take a turn and ate shit?

>it's retard outs himself as knowing nothing about what he claims to know about episode

Thanks for letting us know what you'd do in front of millions of people while trying to make yourself not bomb with an elite-level C&J, mong

Nah. I was tumbling again in two months.

I was 17 at the time. Recovery time for someone older will probably be longer by a month and they won't be doing their most advanced passes for as much as 2 months after a full recovery. (Rings, bars, or more strength-based aspects of gymnastics will require more recovery time).

The thing about gymnastics is that it's mostly muscle memory and spatial awareness. Running skills aren't significantly strength based. It's mental.

I still keep up with gymnastics and it's been a little over 6 years.

Learning to weather injuries (mentally and physically) is super important for consistent strength and health gains. An aspect that is under looked.

It's a joke picture you moron, you're supposed to laugh because he has good humor.

Cenk fuck off

The reason this shit happened were those fucking plates in the back. When he dropped the bar, the bar bounced off the bumpers and hit him in the spine!

fun fact: it's actually happened to him before. exact same thing. probably why he didn't even have a reaction when it happened. he looked more disappointed than anything.

>again
Yeah, from a fucking wheelchair.

This. It didn't hit him on the way down. He's paralyzed because of that stupid fucking setup.

Just look at him.
Typical crossfitter.
God punishes some right away, other he waits with.

elbow dislocations with every ligament torn such as pic related (most likely), are extremely difficult to heal. and considering how much pressure you put on the joint in weightlifting, he's probably fucked for life.

the only lifter I know of who managed to get back to the same competing level is Yun Chol (DPRK)

Those two bulges in his elbow are his lateral and medial epicondyles, I believe. that slot between them is the olecranon fossa where your radius sits.

Source: medfag.

Yeah, some retard here Said that people don't think ahead but everyone always knows what an injury does to him, like being an artist and losing your hand or something, the realization that you're fucked forever is so much worse than the pain, and believe me, you realize that the second you realize that you're injured. I can't imagine how bad it must feel knowing you're an athlete and that every day where you're just a little sloppy can mean that your whole life up until that point is worth nothing

Actually it only bounced up because they had the fucking plates behind him

Oh god I've been to Craig and know exactly where some of his pictures are.

More than just torn labrums fuck.

>Armenian destroys his arms in pursuit of a gold medallion

Huh.

I told him to throw 190 kg of metal behind his back then try to stop it from snapping his arm and he did it.. the absolute madman

Yeah lol it's only the Olympic games

that snap reminded me of the gif from the wwe vidya referee

sa jae hyouk(never made a proper comeback because he's a retard but he was lifting fine after)

yuri zakharevich similar looking injury but from a snatch, he won olympic gold after getting his ligaments sewn back

janos baranyai the famous 08 dislocation vid guy, lifted after that too

Correct me if im wrong but isn't it better to break a bone instead of tear a ligament

please explain? I'm not trying to be an asshole but I don't get how

I dont know the answer to this but you do hear about athletes put into retirement over ligaments and stuff.

I dont know of an ACL is a ligament or not but that fucker ruins careers.

Where as bones typically are reported as a recovery and "back in the field."

Im not a med fag i dont know.

I know a guy though who had so many fractures in his legs from an accident they told him if he did recover hed be in pain for the rest of his life. He opted for double amputation

It bounced off the plates on the ground behind him and into his spine

fuck, no it didn't. I have no FUCKING idea how people got this idea. It hit his spine on the way down.

Because that's what he said happened

Armenia is "Just fuck my shit up":the country
>get genocided by Turks
>taken over by commies
>get Jew'd out of land by Azerbaijan once Soviet union collapses
>start war with a bigger more powerful country to get land back
>major earthquake during the war
>after winning the war stuck with economic sanctions from 2 sides to this day
It is a miracle that Armenia exists today as we know it.

>"I asked them today if they could program it to squat, that’s one of the things I truly miss," Ogar said. "They said yes, maybe, quite possibility in the future.”

2-3 SPINAL INJURIES ADAY COME-ON!

didn't some absolute madman get paralysed from the waist down in vietnem just to slowly practice walking in hospital on his own while the docters weren't their to tell him not to then eventually return back to vietnam to shoot more people?

No he got paralyzed because the bar bounced of a stack of plates behind him and struck his back. Learn some facts

Never skip leg day

Cotton, plz

>tfw no chill wheelchair bros to hang with

He may as well have been Cotton...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Benavidez

>. As he was placed in a body bag among the other dead in body bags, he was suddenly recognized by a friend who called for help. A doctor came and examined him but believed Benavidez was dead. The doctor was about to zip up the body bag when Benavidez managed to spit in his face, alerting the doctor that he was alive.[3](see medal citation below) Benavidez had a total of 37 separate bullet, bayonet, and shrapnel wounds from the six-hour fight with the enemy battalion.[4]

>stung by the diagnosis, as well as flag burnings and media criticism of the US military presence in Vietnam he saw on TV, he began an unsanctioned nightly training ritual in an attempt to redevelop his ability to walk. Getting out of bed at night (against doctors' orders), Benavidez would crawl using his elbows and chin to a wall near his bedside and (with the encouragement of his fellow patients, many of whom were permanently paralyzed and/or missing limbs), he would prop himself against the wall and attempt to lift himself unaided, starting by wiggling his toes, then his feet, and then eventually (after several months of excruciating practice that by his own admission often left him in tears) pushing himself up the wall with his ankles and legs.[2] After over a year of hospitalization, Benavidez walked out of the hospital in July 1966, with his wife at his side, determined to return to combat in Vietnam. Despite continuing pain from his wounds, he returned to South Vietnam in January 1968.

Being paralyzed could still not stop the guy from being a faggot

>I would have let go as soon as I realized I was dangerously off-balance
You've never competed in a sport, have you?