27 years old, 5'9", 148 pounds

27 years old, 5'9", 148 pounds.

Bulk: I get really bad love handles, man tits, and stomach fat at about 152 pounds, so I don't have much wiggle room before I start looking like a fat slob.

Cut: Undoubtedly I will lose some muscle if I continue to cut. I think I'll cut to 140 pounds if I do cut, and then bulk up to 150.

Or maybe I could try a lean bulk by calorie cycling at +20% on lifting days and -20% on rest days. What say you niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3419998/The-holy-grail-diet-exercise-Scientists-reveal-best-way-lose-fat-gain-muscle-warn-gruelling.html
webmd.com/men/features/eat-to-lose-weight?page=2
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lift and do a

You need bigmacs and GOMAD but since you have some weird obsession with abs or some hate for 'fat' I guess the only thing you can do is kill yourself

i really dont want to have my love handles spilling over my jeans like ive put up with for the past several months of cutting. it looks like fucking shit and makes me feel like a fat fucking slob.

>cut

LOL

Get on StrongLifts 5x5, eat at maintenance for the first few weeks, if the weight starts feeling too heavy, start increasing your calories, don't go beyond a 500kcal surplus, you got this.

Then buy clothes that fit

Fuck, man, that disgusting fat. I can't look at your body without puking.

t. girl

You seriously need to bulk big time and lift big time. You need to get to 180 and lift a ton before you even think about cutting.

You're skinny fat so you need to bulk and lift and not worry about the 'flab'. It's only there because muscle isn't.

>Cut: Undoubtedly I will lose some muscle if I continue to cut. I think I'll cut to 140 pounds if I do cut, and then bulk up to 150.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON

Dude you're beyond small. A 15 girl could out lift you. You have to bulk and you have to bulk hard. Yes you're going to get a little bit fatter but you've got a good 2 years before you start to look good anyways, just get used to it now.

I was like you and what I did was drink 2, 50 gram protein shakes a day and started lifting.

You do NOT have to eat surplus calories to gain muscle mass.

Btw you really need to concentrate on your back, it looks like a woman's.

show peen

cant make good decisions without information

I don't think your body is that bad. Pretty normal and nice looking actually. You should lift though.

did you calorie cycle at all, or just eat a constant amount regardless of whether you worked out or rested on a given day?

You weigh about as much as a girl.your height should weigh. You are devoid of any muscle.above the minimum requirements to survive dude. You seriously need to not worry about getting fat atm.and just put on muscle

Perhaps lift?

I'd only load up on carbs if i was getting too fatigued. But even then I would just eat a big bowl of spaghetti.

Just lift, eat protein and get a good nights sleep.

This.
Bulking/cutting thing is a meme. When i started lifting i went from a skinny fat(much like OP) to fairly fit in about a year. My pecks and arms gained a lot of size and i didnt have to gain 20lbs of fat to do so. If you lift as a beginner you should make gains without getting fat.

i think i'll try a lean bulk like you suggested, for maybe 6 months, then reassess.

thanks senpai

you need to gain weight, dude
i dont know how much muscle you'll lose if continue to cut considering you have virtually none. Fat's easier to lose than muscle is to gain. I'd gain weight until you hit 175-180 desu, just dont be an idiot and gain it immediately.

Cut to what? You have no foundation or developed musculature. If you cut you'll probably look emaciated.

>You do NOT have to eat surplus calories to gain muscle mass.
Where in the fuck do you get your muscle mass from?

>Cut: Undoubtedly I will lose some muscle if I continue to cut.

I could cave that bird chest in with one punch

Just eat at a moderate surplus and lift, man. Don't worry about cutting, as you're not too fat right now and have pretty much no muscle. Do a good strength routine and build a foundation, and then mix it up if you feel like it.

This pic is about a year and a half old at this point but we are the same height, and I was close to your current weight when I started lifting.

In the after pic I'm 185 or so.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm

holy fuck what a shitty article. No truth was found. And it certainly does not back up your claim that no caloric surplus is needed for gains

It says right in the study that they were already overweight. The OP will not gain significant mass on a cut. He looks like he barely eats enough to live.
If you take a dude that weighs less than 150 and put him on a deficit, he will not gain any considerable size or strength.

no hate, be happy

scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3419998/The-holy-grail-diet-exercise-Scientists-reveal-best-way-lose-fat-gain-muscle-warn-gruelling.html
webmd.com/men/features/eat-to-lose-weight?page=2

>dailymail

are you doing this on purpose?

Does it hurt your feelings?

Would the actual study help you?

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738

Put those fingers in your ears fatso. I'm sure the bulk you are on is working!

Bulk/Cut is for roid use only. ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738

depends on your goal.
You wana go big and muscular, filling the t-shirts and scream animal?bulk first, you will have plenty time to cut, you are skinnier than i first started and i bulked.

But, if you wana go for that ottermode-lady magnet- six abs oblique look, cut first, then never bulk more than you lose your 2 lowest abs.

My personal opinion, eat big get big is always scary.

Would it hurt if you read and comprehended the fucking study before you posted it?

You dont even lift, get out of here. SHOO SHOO

Holy shit you are stupid:

"For the study, 40 young men underwent a month of hard exercise while cutting dietary energy they would normally require by 40 per cent of what they would normally require."

"The higher-protein group experienced muscle gains -- about 2.5 pounds -- despite consuming insufficient energy, while the lower protein group did not add muscle."

Stay fat pleb. Maybe that pizza will love you, cause I guarantee you'll die alone with those flabby bulk tits.

I had the same problem. Small fat mass around belly (had exactly at that spot fat , smaller but existent love handles).
Its usually bodytype for some people, they get no fat anywhere else like boobs/hands/ass/thighs and they get it all there.
Thing that worked for me is to gain amounts of muscle mass so even after cutting It would look smaller on the contrary.

Btw after listening that don't start whining "muh genes". No manboobs,no bad shoulders/waist proportion. Winter is comming. Go fullbulk noone will even bother. Then cut and u ll be happier with the result.
Also take bigger clothes if you don't like the fat lining showing.

The study doesn't mention anything about the training history or body weight of the participants. Someone carrying a lot of fat will have no problem losing weight and building muscle, but a 135 lb skeleton isn't going to gain any considerable mass by eating at a deficit.

jesus christ how the fuck do you have no ass at all

keep doing that beyond a 4 week period and keep making those amazing gains!

you dumb fucking dyel fuck take your argumentative nitpicking the fuck out of here and if you gonna keep being so fuckign retarded at least be fucking correct

workout in the late afternoon and eat all your carbs after that. might help with the fat going to your handles

+500 anyway. dont bother with calorie cycling. there's no point in that.

damn dude im mirin

Mirin adonis belt

would eating surplus calories work for me if i train twice a week? or would i just gain fat?
should i be using protein supplements?
180cm 80kg
im VERY new to this.

eat at a surplus on the day you work out and the day after that, other times eat at a maintenance.

so if you workout monday and thursday
you would eat at maintenance on wednesday, saturday and sunday

use protein supplements if you cant get a meal with protein in otherwise

if you have the time, read this
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

and you should have the time. takes under half an hour to read and it can make a huge difference compared to spending 10 hours shitposting here and learning nothing

ty for relying!
online calculators say maintenance would be 2500 kcal which seeems like a ton to me!
i thought i should eat below maintain to get rid of my tiny belly so i was eating like 1500 for a week now. basically just rice and tuna. about 90g of protein.
now that i see this 2500 figure i have no idea how to make it other than fast food or fatty food :/ should i go there?

i will most def read the link. im not looking to be huge, maybe 90kg... i want to be well toned.

fast food in itself isnt that bad but you wont get decent macros from it. but if you cant get 2500 calories otherwise then yeah, eat fast food. fats arent inherently bad, but after you have taken about 1g of fat per kilo of bodyweight (needed for hormonal function and shit), taking the extra cals from carbs becomes a bit more efficient. but its not necessarily a huge difference.

i might have done it all wrong, huh.
well ty for the advice!

should protein intake also increasein training days?

keep it constant, just alter the carb intake

oh ok. i taken a habit to drink a sugary drink just before practice, or i will get dizzy and nauseated. is that normal?

quite normal yeah

man am i glad i bumped ito you.

"when a non-emaciated person wants to gain body weight I want them to do so in a slow and controlled manner with minimal increases in calorie intake over time so as to not introduce a catalyst for rapid fat gain."

baby steps

Kind of in a similar position 149lbs. Should I cut?

Post workout after 3ish months of lifting

Are you Dutch? I'm getting a very Dutch vibe.

Bulking and cutting are bullshit, be smart and do both

Everyone on the internet is dutch

can confirm.

Anyone have any advice please?

how do one gain calories withought gaining fat?
i cant drink all that much soda...

Do you not hate fat? Anything that jiggles disgusts me.
That's why I like dem small perky breasts.
Mostly chicken for the proteins but still...

You have a very similar body type as me.
Except my chest sticks out more in the middle.

And I hate it. Part of it is my posture I think.
But I hate having any kind of fat but I'm 6'2" so I look like a lanklord if I cut anymore.

I think I might have a condition or something because I'm 6'2" and weight 150 lbs but still look skinnyfat and I've cut down to 140 and have not gotten abs.

I want abs so fucking bad man.

>blacked out the crotch even though wearing underwear

why the fuck?

maybe you need low fat high calory and protein diet to gain muscle mass?
this is the advice i was given.

When you start to lift, as a beginner, yes

I lost 45 pounds and gained some muscle but i'm realizing that i could've got way better gains with SS

wtf is wrong with you just lift for a year without worrying about diet, aside from protein. Stop cutting you mong

Man if I could eat noodles again that would be great.
I do love some fatty beef but I've been weened on chicken breast for so long the greasy fatty feel now isn't as appealing.

it seems one actally need a caloric surplus in training days.
see

>Anorexia & dysmorphia - the post
You have no gains OP. Do you even lift? I dont think so.
Over the next 5 months you should do a clean bulk and gain about 3-4lbs per month.

Not being in a surplus doesn't mean you have to be in a deficit. A 135 skeleton eating MAINTENANCE calories with a good training program will certainly build muscle.

The real question is where does the logic come from that eating extra calories can help you build muscle? If that were true, every huge fat person would also have big muscles under their fat.

Furthermore, lets say eating extra calories WOULD indeed lead to bigger muscles. Why would you need up to 500 extra cals per day? Thats 182,000 extra calories in a year. Since a person can only build about 5-10 pounds of muscle in a year, if you broke that down to daily calories needed...it would come to like 20 calories per day that you would need to build muscle.

Because you literally have no muscle. Try lifting on a caloric surplus. You're gonna gain a little fat, but you're going to actually build muscle too. If you weigh 150 with 15% body fat and add on 20 lbs of lean muscle, your body fat % technically goes down without you having to cut. Pulling that off would be hard, but you get the idea. Eat more and keep lifting.

Now the question is, Am I lifting hard enough?
I've been lifting low weights because my lower back has been really sore and I'm trying to fix my posture.
The bar also hurts my neck/arm when squatting if I load up too much.
I usually lift alone so I don't want to have to rely on someone if I can't do the final rep so I don't push myself weight wise but rep wise I do.
Would using machines (because I can't get trapped under them) be viable or should I stick to free weights?

I used to work out 3 days a week but I'm helping out with a 3 hour fitness class now on one of the days.
I don't want to burn myself out but I want to see some progress.

balls were hanging out in a few shots, brah.

Is gaining muscle while eating maintenance/tiny deficit a meme? All I hear about on here is the bulk/cut cycle. Also, should this be supplemented with intermittent fasting?