I really want to train for a marathon, but I'm worried about pic-related

I really want to train for a marathon, but I'm worried about pic-related.

Is there any way (other than roids) to maintain muscle mass while going for a marathon? Or will I be forced to become skelly, complete the marathon, then regain all my muscle?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/culture/shortcuts/2016/mar/13/eddie-izzard-marathon-run-sport-relief-27-comedian-transgender
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So the pic says that sprintrrs are niggers?

You're trying too hard to fit in.

Please come back when you're 18

Running marathons doesn't make you skinny, being skinny makes you better at running marathons. Any amount of weight loss caused by exercise can be countered by just eating more.

just take anabolics like the sprinter and eat enough

>other than roids

Eat enough

Scooby does triathlons.

Don't let memes ruin your dreams

Related question:

How long does it take someone who's already in decent cardiovascular shape (as in not fatass, can run a 5K but nothing special) to train for a marathon?

*roids

why not try a half marathon first?

totally depends on your willpower man, marathons are run on willpower.

Try ultrarunning.

Eddie Izzard ran marathons every day for.. well read the article ;)

He is not a stick figure.

Marathons are about willpower mostly, and dedication, you need to train, rest, train and IGNORE THE PAIN.

Also, read up on how to breathe, and HOW TO RUN! posture, how to plant your foot on the ground, how to use your muscles.. you thought you had the same running technique as marathon runners? think again, technique helps alot, also better for your knee's.

but the sprinter just finished a cycle

oops forgot the article:
theguardian.com/culture/shortcuts/2016/mar/13/eddie-izzard-marathon-run-sport-relief-27-comedian-transgender

Cardio doesn't destroy gains. Marathon Runners don't do strength training; Sprinters do.

kek doing 43 marathons in 52 days, while being 47 years old. Not bad for a transgender queer faggot.

still a fag tho

>leredditboogieman

Wanna know how I know you're underaged?

>I really want to train for a marathon
Why?

Why bother just doing a marathon, instead of racing one? If you're not going to post a respectable time, you're just following in the footsteps of other people who fell for the meme. If you're going to spend all that time and effort training for something, at least do it as a sport instead of a challenge so you can post it on social media.

He's not transgender or gay, he's merely a transvestite.

Marathons are for faggots
Sprinting is the GOAT sport

Jesus fucking Christ please just lurk more until it's not so obvious

The marathon runner is fit. The sprinter is a lunk.

You shut your /pol/ cuck mouth about Izzard, he's a national treasure

He has no disillusions about his gender

You can slog a marathon and still have some muscle. It'll be very defined, too, because of how little body fat you'll have. However, to actually run a marathon fast you're going to have to be sinewy, although not emaciated.

Not really related to OP but a question for runners...

I tried running for a while and it felt great, but I very quickly got bad pain in my knees. In every other aspect I really enjoyed running but my legs were kill, I had a limp for a few days and for a couple of weeks I had pain.

Should I just ride a bike? I used to ride a bike for hours daily and never got this feel. Thing is I'm not excited to buy a new bike.

Pic related is in the middle of an Ironman triathlon.

Weighing more is a disadvantage when youre running for hours on end, but it only matters if youre a world class marathon runner

DELETE THIS LOGICAL NONSENSE

WE ARE UNDER 18

Somebody get this hothead outta here

Those are OLYMPIC athletes you fucking retard. As a regular skinny fat frog poster on a Thai massage parlour fan forum you will not fucking become a skele if you run and lift weights together. You'll just get ripped to shit with any luck. Run, lift, eat enough to maintain your body weight, & rest.

Not quite true. Your body adapts to the demands on it. If all you do is run marathons, your body will adapt and you will lose muscle mass.

Dwayne Chambers was a drug-taking cheating nig-nog.

kek, dat tryhard

So is Klokov the roided faggot :p

bane?

my buddy does marathons and hes a fat fuck. gets good times too. stop looking for excuses

you should learn to run correctly. stop landing on your heels, stop landing with your foot in fornt of your body, stop being fat

If you walk it, sure.

yeahhh...but being big is gonna be harder on your feet, ankles, knees, etc.

hey guy. if you're going to samefag please learn the meaning of subtlety.

You seem mentally impaired. Shame

We're not all edgy teens here.