Be type 1 diabetic

>be type 1 diabetic
>very weak, not fit at all or anything, very low muscle mass, underweight
> ride my bike for a total of less than 10 minutes, consisting of 4 sprints, going all out
>insulin sensitivity is more than twice as high for the next 24 hours, resulting in hypos like 32mg/dl all the time where my heart almost fails, even though i stuffed my face with 1 liter of sprite, 1 liter of wholemilk, a huge pizza, and various fast food snacks and potatoe chips, wholegrain bread and other garbage (more than 5000cals total), after all this, the insulin sensitivity is still twice as high
>mfw
Literally all a fat type 2 diabetic has to do is do less than 10 minutes of HIIT and he will be instantly cured. why does this disease even exist?

my dad has had type 1 diabetes since he was 15, and he almost became a pro cyclist. He still does at least 5.000km/year at 50yo with a foot amputated and 2/10 on both eyes.

Stop being a little bitch

checked that shit

Check the rice diet. It cures diabetes.

Um. I also have type1. I've never had that problem. Regular exercise does nothing to my blood sugar unless i do it for a very long time (90+min) and even then a banana would be sufficient. There's no way you're burning through hundreds of grams of sugar while working out.
And why not just take less base-bolus insulin? And take less fast acting insulin with what you're eating?

your post almost gave me hope, until i read this:
>with a foot amputated and 2/10 on both eyes.
>at 50 yo
that's pretty brutal. Do you know what your dad's glucose levels were like? hba1c and things like that? I guess they must have been shit throughout his entire life (or at least i hope so, i dont want my fucking legs amputated and become blind even though I always had an hba1c under 6)?

also on a side note, i think it's fucking reckless that your dad had a child in the first place. you are literally retarded with type 1 diabetes, retards shouldn't pass on their genetics. and I'm saying that as a type 1 myself. you might not get type 1 diabetes, but maybe part of the other shti that comes along with it, or your grand children or grand grand children might get it. and so the genetic pool overall becomes more and more shit, we get more and more diseases and humanity goes down the drain. Fucking great, really.

>BUT MUH BIOLOGICAL CLOCK, MUH NORMIEHOOD, MUH CHILDREN
your dad's like a child himself who wants his ice cream so bad.

Type 2 maybe. Type 1 is an incurable auto immune disease that will fucking destroy you. even becoming a super healthy pro cyclist or some shit will still fuck you up to the point where your body will have the condition of a fucing 90 year old grandpa who only drinks beer and never exercises, even though you're merely 50.

I don't regularly exercise, so maybe that is why?? I literally did fuckall the past few months or so and went all out yesterday on my bike.

>why not just take less insulin
of course. but how much less excactly? that's the problem. this shit is extremely hard to foresee, there is no formula to calculate how much X minutes on a bike with X perceived % of intensity will affect your basal rate or bolus factor.

and by the way
>There's no way you're burning through hundreds of grams of sugar while working out.
do you even know what insulin sensitivty is? your cells being more sensitive to insulin means you need less insulin even though they do the same amount of work. when you exercise and need to take say 200 grams of carbs total in additoin to what you normally need within the next 20 hours or so, does not mean you burned the calories equivalent to the 200 grams. it's a mix of calories/glucose burned and an increase of insulin sensitivity.

My mother is type 1. What kinds of other shit are you talking about? How can you pass on anything other than diabetes if you only have that gene?

I'm type 1 diabetic also so i know what you are going through. Cutting my insulin way back and eating very low carb has helped me manage my sugar while still being active

most of the time, people who get type 1 diabetes get other shit too, mostly auto immune diseases. it are just shit tier overall genetics.

also, are you the guy whose dad is Type 1 diabetes as well? so both your parents have the SAME disease and decided to make children? absolute shit-tier people.

what sort of foods do you eat?? i need 3500 calories a day and haven't found many foods that are easily eaten in large quantities. i always get stomach aches from peanuts for some reason.

i think i will just exercise more regularly lads. its the only cure. when i exercise regularly my body will become ccustomed to it and the glucose levels wont fuck up as much.

All of my carbs came from greek yogurt and a sweet potato. I had alot of fish today but the majority of my calories came from macadamian nuts

>Macadamia nuts
Dee, this is the sort of stuff that kills my stomach. I tried them. do you eat like that errday? I try to eat plenty of fruits and veggies for muh vitamins and minerals and shit

Yeah i eat alot of the same things every day pretty boring and my sugar still gets fugged up because i try to keep it from going low and it ends up high

What's your hba1c

low 8 something a couple of months ago. i think it will have improved but only a little

read somewhere passing on type 1 to children if ur a man is like 5% and women are like 6=7%

i noticed this considering no one in my family has it but me

Talk to your endocrinologist about it. Do you use a pump? If you do most have a function where you can reduce basal rates by certain amounts for a certain periods of time. I reduce mine by 50% when I go running. If you don't have a pump, just eat something like 30 minutes or so before a workout but don't bolus for it. Just check your sugar before/after to make sure you're still stable.

sry bra but did you even read the OP?
>i rdeuce mine by 50% when i go running
what hsa that to do with me having more than twice the insulin sensitivty for the next 24 hours?

>inb4 well just reduce basal rate for next 24 hours, less bolus etc
NO SHIT

Same. Only person closely related to me that has it is my cousin on my mom's side. Other than that my mom believes that my great uncle MIGHT have had it.

This disease is fucking weird.

you can still pass the genetics on. if you dont get it, then your grandchlidren get it or grand grand or whatever.

Just a thought guys, what would you do if you got all the damage shit like losing 100% of your eyesight? Could you live like that? or would you just turn your pump off? i think at the point where ur blind and lost a leg your life is pretty much over anyways. what would you live for then? your body will be too fucked to even be able to take drugs without severe side effects even in small amounts

yea but still helps the rest of us sleep at night. besides most people carry some type of genetic defect anyways that dosent directly pass on but appear at some point in the cycle

>besides most people carry some type of genetic defect anyways that dosent directly pass on but appear at some point in the cycle
SO WHAT
you still shouldnt reproduce if you're a retard, because hten you have OBVIOUSLY defect genetics.

post your hba1cs already faggots.

It's heavily environmental as well, though. Most people who get it don't have a family history, and the rate has increased a lot in modern times (possibly because of better sanitation making our immune system more overactive, though that's just one hypothesis).
Anyway, good luck OP, my bro has it and he works his ass off to not take any insulin and still keeps his a1c below 6 by exercising and eating low carb. Won't be able to do it forever but it's been about 5 years now.

I wear a continuous glucose monitor along with my pump. It has helped.

My aunt is a type 1 diabetic and never took care of it...she's 51 now.
>going blind
>can't walk
>end stage renal failure

Honestly would kill myself at that point. What kind of life is that?

No really? Not everyone is rich enough to get something like that. I'm glad I can afford the freestyle libre.

What we're her glucose levels like/hba1c???????

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I've been living with type 1 diabetes for 13 years now and I recently noticed that it has become harder and harder to feel if my blood sugar is low. Has this happened to you guys?

Fuck. I've got a friend who's T1D and he seems pretty healthy to me though. I just assumed the disease was controlled so long as you kept the insulin in check.

>be diabetic
>lift like a monster
>drink PWO immediately after workout and inject dat insulin
>100% perfect gains with not a single molecule of nutrients wasted
I wish I was diabetic man...free gains and still able to claim natty.

>be diabetic
>drink Sprite
>eat a pizza
>in the same day
What the fuck is wrong with you lmao you are fucking retarded