Momscience thread

>be me
>home for the summer from uni
>cutting
>been considering buying a bag of sucralose off of Amazon to sweeten my hibiscus tea with no calories added
>realize that work has a cabinet filled with those little artificial sweeteners of all kinds from endless board meetings
>take a pound of sucralose packets home because I'm cheap
>the next day they're all gone
>ask my mom if she moved them
>she said she didn't move them, she tossed them
>ask her why she'd do that when I had told her I brought them home for tea
>"user you're trying to lose weight, but those artificial sweeteners make you fat! I read a study on it!"
>just tell her that's not how calories work

make her buy new ones if she tossed yours m8

I have to hide my creatine powder because my mom thinks its some kind of steroid.

Slap that bitch

Nah she meant well and I don't want to be a dick. Just frustrated by her ignorance.

When I was a teen, parents wouldn't let me have protein powder because there thought it was a 'gateway drug' to roids

Hate to tell you this buddy, but your mom is at least kinda right, while artificial sugar does not add to your total calorie in, it does trick your body into thinking you ingested sugar, causing an insuline spike, absorbing glucose from your blood and ultimately storing it as fat, also you will feel less energatic. Second reason is because ingesting sweetener without calories tells your body to eat more of it next time, increasing sugar cravings big time, better to have no sugar and beat your sweetness adiction, sweetener is like e sigarets for people who want to stop smoking

Are you my little brother?

I tell him not to worry about it. If your parents still tell you what to do you must be quite young, (mods pls ban), and to not worry about diet except generally eating healthy at that age.

I'm out on my own now, I take protein and creatine now. My parents were just uneducated on the subject.

Whoops misread your post. Can't blame them though, I mean if you know nothing about lifting and your kid wants to bring home "suppliments" with roided out dudes on the packaging, what are you supposed to do but say no.

They might've meant well, but they were ignorant. I showed them a tub at Kroger, and they still thought it was something illicit.

Honestly helped me in the long run, I learned what foods have great protein value and how to bulk without relying on a supplement... Until I kept the stuff in my locker

There are different kinds of sweeteners, some have no harmful effects. Aspartame is one of the worst while stevia is one of the best

So am I just fucking myself by drinming diet soda? 40 oz a day basically? Gimme the cold hard facts.

*drinking

>Can't blame them
for not spending 5 fucking minutes researching what supplements do/are? Yes, yes you absolutely can blame them. Going off gut reaction instead of any kind of fact that enacts that kind of blanket ban is the most fuckin retarded method of parenting you can do.

>mom can i play pokey mon?
WHAT NO THAT SOundss like the DEVIL. Satan is trying to STEAL your SOUL with these... these... MONSTERS

Yes. The acid in diet soda will make your stomach and gut a higher-than-normal acidic environment. This can kill and stifle growth of beneficial gut bacteria. This gut bacteria is absolutely essential to human hormone regulation, nutrient absorption, and digestion. Soda literally steals gains.

So cold turkey it is then. Thanks lad. Been needing a reason to quit.

But if you're in a caloric deficit then your body will metabolize those fats. It only stays as fat if you don't lose it.

Also I don't have a sugar addiction. Literally the only sweet thing I have is a cup or two of hibiscus tea a day.

>stop by parents house
>mom says I'm getting fat because my weight has gone up
>3 days go by
>say I went for a jog during that time
>"that cardio is really helping, user, you've thinned out"

Mom are you fucking kidding me

>sigarets

Overall it'll make you feel like shit though.

How? I felt fine when I used sucralose for the two cups of tea that one day.

>16ish
>mom buys memey home-exercise curl machine/bench set
>actually has a bar and plates
>first attempt at lifting but managed to work my way up to 70lbs (+non standard bar) bench after a month
>"user you should do that the human body isn't meant for that kind of weight"
>"why don't you just go for a run if you want to build muscle, user?"

I actually got sent to the principals office in eighth grade for telling a teacher it was impossible for aspartame to add weight to your body. The same teacher sent me to the principals office for insisting that a kilometer was not, in fact, longer than a mile.

I got three days of ISS each time. They acknowledged I was right, but said it was insubordination and disrespectful, and that I should never challenge an authority figure.

I asked them why they constantly preached about 'expanding your mind' and 'learning to think critically' if I was expected to just rotely memorize factoids and never ask questions.

They gave me another three days.

At least she's not hindering your weight loss. I just wanna lose 7kg (15lbs) at just 500kcal deficit and I won't fucking stop hearing about how I will turn into an anorexic.

>was 35BMI at 16
>try to lose weight
>mom tells me I dont look that fat so she continues to buy only the shittiest food
>made the process of getting Veeky Forums as an adult 10x harder

> (OP)
> (OP)
>while artificial sugar does not add to your total calorie in, it does trick your body into thinking you ingested sugar, causing an insuline spike, absorbing glucose from your blood and ultimately storing it as fat, also you will feel less energetic

> Second reason is because ingesting sweetener without calories tells your body to eat more of it next time, increasing sugar cravings big time, better to have no sugar and beat your sweetness adiction, sweetener is like e sigarets for people who want to stop smoking

Just making shit up at this point

Way to ad hominem bro

You are a retarded faggot.
>>>>Reddit

found the trump supporter

Every time a baseball player was accused of taking steroids 10 years ago they'd claim they only took creatine and flaxseed oil. So now normies think that creatine is an anabolic or code for one.

so?

>been considering buying a bag of sucralose off of Amazon to sweeten my hibiscus tea
Why the fuck would you sweeten your tea?

>he's so politically uninformed that he actually still supports hillary

Yikes my man

where the hell did i say i supported hillary

>Be 16
>In highschool
>Baby's first lifting class, teacher talks about protien
>late one night after work, buy tub of whey isolate
>come home, from her bed asked what I got from the bag rustling
>"I got some protien"
>What.jpeg
>Papa user, wake up and check the back of the label make sure nothing bads in it

One week later it vanished

Wow I forgot about ISS. I forgot what I did in middle school to get it... Might of been talking way too much idk. What a joke that was

I lold

>Pocket monsters?!

>doing a bodyweight pike pushup at 63kg bodyweight
>son, is all that strength really necessary?

your mother being 40 years older than you really fucking sucks, it's like having an extra grandmother

She's right, they will make you fat, because they're so much sweeter than actual sugar that they trick your body into believing you're going to eat actual sugar. Then when it gets none, you get massively hungry, and stuff your face, and you're STILL hungry, and nothing will fill that void in your belly. That's why I can't use sucralose, it makes me so hungry and nothing will make it stop. It wakes me up at night even. Use stevia instead, it won't have that effect. Or just don't have everything sweet. Stay away from artificial sweeteners, they're crap.

MODS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB

As someone who used to suck down 24 packs of coke a week solo, stopping soda was one of the best decisions I made. Every so often I buy those mini cans of sprite or 7 up and indulge with a meal. I've never felt better.

>can you open this jar of pickles Satan?

>implying thats a bad thing

where do you think you are faggot? leave

Bump