/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10972714
youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for based Sean

second for aim back niggers

Just imagine if he knew how to hinge.

I have to do that too. Push chest into belt.

Literally impossible for me to dl otherwise.

>Push chest into belt.

wot

Pretty much. I cue pushing my calves into my belt its the only way I can deadllift

Met a dude from reddit at my gym today lads. If I find out he posts here too gonna kmsfr.

Ch-Chris are you here?

Haino change trip name to Frodo when?

Haino change name to trappy when

4x6 @ 80% on bench feels like death senpai.

No, my point is that the study only considered the knee angle, while also measuring muscles involved on acting on the hip angle.

That musculature is more affected by limiting of the range of motion at the knee angle, than for instance, the lats are affected by limiting the shoulder range of motion.
This is because the hip musculature is way more involved in the squat at higher levels of knee angle displacement.

If the study was only analyzing the quadriceps muscle, then it would be more precise in its conclusions.

Damn it, why didn't I think of this?

You don't say.

>Damn it, why didn't I think of this?
reddit tier response

Please have a nice charcoal grilling session in your closet

weak bait

You've made the charcoal grilling in the closet joke before. It loses the punch when you repeat it all the time.

I just know a few people in this general that would really enjoy it

strawpoll.me/10972714

strawpoll.me/10972714

You probably shouldn't.

Don't be a buzzkill

Is Gibbs really leaving Hancott and moving back to NZ? Or is Hancott coming with him?

Are you Haino?

who here /kicking the weekend off early/?

How to into powerlifting?

Hi Sean.

Sean?

Holy shit how did you know?

I wish

are you retarded

Having a nice drink is much more satisfying after having a good lift.

I'm sorry that you drink out of dysfunction.

>tfw only a week into Sheiko and your body is perpetually sore despite the workouts being moderately easy

its literally all in your head you goof

>start manual labour
>two months into indefinite deload and still sore

How are you enjoying it?

Ayyy wanna kos together?

I don't think it is in my head if I can physically feel the DOMS.

Iktf, I used to do a labor job 3 days a week but quit a few days ago since school is starting soon. My lower back was always dead and my squats and DL suffered.

Now the only thing sore is my chest, likely since I'm not used to benching 3x a week with the volume prescribed on sheiko

u mentally feel the doms ya goof

F O A M
O
A
M

R O L L I N G
O
L
L
I
N
G

Also stretching

>drinking a top 10 world ranked whisky

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW lad

Best variant: paused squats

Worst variant: sumo deficits

Prove me wrong. Hint: you can't. Paused squats are goat because they're still somewhat heavy and the duration of the pause is just a matter of how big your dick and balls are. Sumo deficits are like getting your asshole split open in a dark corner of a prison.

I have to say, I literally notice almost zero difference from foam rolling vs just a thorough warmup with a broomstick then a bar then moderate jumps up.

Best variant: smith machine quarter squats with pussy pad and gloves

Worst variant: Deficit triple pause conventional deadlift

thoughts on the Juggernaut Method 2.0? I tried Sheiko for 3 cycles but found the progression to be too slow, I suppose it is too advanced for my status. But from what I've read of the JM2.0 the autoregulation looks perfect for an intermediate stage lifter, thoughts?

For reference my stats (kg);

Squat - 187.5kg
Bench - 145kg
Deadlifts - 255kg

Not talking about warmups.
Foam rolling after your workouts or just before bed. It'll hurt a lot if you have doms though but feel amazing afterwards

Some say kosm

Noob here. Can anyone give me some form tips to improve my squat or deadlift? I just recently learned to retract my scapula during bench or ohp and it's improved them dramatically. Was wondering if there was anything similar for squats or deadlift.

Did the 5's and 3's back to back twice this summer (5, 3, 5, 3) lifting just twice a week squat/bench and more bench/deadlift with a little bit of assistance, squat moved up a little, deadlift a little more, bench at least maintained which is the best I could have hoped for. Good base template for sure, gotta have a little confidence when you step under the bar for the last two 3's sessions but just DO IT and you'll be fine.

Squat: stand tall, brace hard (you probably don't get bracing yet), hips back just a little then 'open' the hips and squat between your legs.

Deadlift: ??????

Squats yes

Deadlift no. Think about putting them in your back pocket.

Don't depress your scapula during OHP, that can cause impingement... Let your scapula move like pic related.

For deadlifts, tightening the lats. See this video youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE

Thanks, I'll try and implement these

It never fails

When I remember sleep aids I don't need them.

When I forget them, I fucking can't sleep and roll around in bed until in have to be awake in 5 hours

Fucking rip sleep gains

ty australia

Is Joe studying abroad or something?

WHERE

THE FUCK

IS MY SUNSHINE LIVIA

Windows movie maker no longer works for my camera footage. Just get black video with audio.
So I can't adjust anything.

PLS get blue light blocking glasses

boost that natty melatonin

avoid the electric light jew

Breh I think I'm lucky if I've averaged 6 hours the last five weeks. Currently lifting about once every four to five days.

Anyone ever run Coan/Phillipi?

Shes MY little monkey

Uh back the fuck off, she is MY SUNSHINE

no one cares

I like that I can finish every workout without fear of failure, although I only ever 'feared' failure on ID since every set was RPE 9001.

It is a big change from old programs since every day is just a lot of volume. I welcome the change since it gives me a lot of time to work on my form and setup for all the lifts, especially bench. Since bench is extremely easy on Sheiko, at least from my experience, I pause every rep once the rep range gets down to 5 or less since I only did TNG beforehand and it helps to bump up the difficulty.

Squatting is moderately difficult and deadlifting is pretty tough. I'm used to just doing 1 set of 5 every week and now that I'm actually doing multiple sets of DLs, I have to adjust to that change.

All in all, it's pretty fun but I cannot say that it works for me until I test my maxes at the end of the cycle.

I bought a foam roller in hopes of using it but I haven't because I'm a lazy bastard. I'll start actually using it soon.

What are some good cues to involve glutes in squat?

should i actively think about squeezing glutes, or "showing somebody my belt," or pushing my pelvis forward, or externally rotating hips a bit before descent?

check your email my small penor friend

You got the wrong guy

Lookin' thicc in a not-calling-you-a-fatass way Joe

>how are you not a better squatter?

It shouldn't be "extremely" easy though the first two week's BP/DL are pretty easy. Give it two weeks then slap five el beez on your bench max. If it's easy as piss two weeks later repeat.

For me it's 100% a matter of maintaining positioning coming out of the hole. Instead of trying to cue it, try paused squats and try your hardest to make upward movement mirror your downward movement.

Who are you quoting?

no one says kosm you piece of shit.

That is the plan. Bench is so easy because it has me doing basically sets of 2 at a weight that is 5lbs lower than what I did for 5x5 on TM VD. Of course there is a lot more volume since there are many sets at varying weights but the intensity is ridiculously low compared to what I am used to, at least thus far.

DL is actually really hard for me compared to the squat/bench so I'm not gonna be messing with it anytime soon.

So I'm thinking that instead of doing a few backoff triples after my daily max, i can just build up to an @8 RPE and hit singles with that weight until i get to a @9 RPE. It should add up to less volume, but more practice at a higher intensity range, so I'm hoping it doesn't have any negative effects on my training.
/blog

How is /plg/ doing today?

Alright, I'll give this a try.

thanks man.

#buildmomentum

What's with the bands on the plates? What do they do?

Reporting in

Hex-bar Deadlift (low grip)
315x4 @8.5

JEFFERSON DEADLIFT (each leg)
245x5,5

Single-arm DB Push-press
65x5,5,5

Lat pulldowns

Bodyweight 207.8

Deadlifts felt good. Felt tired after for everything else though. Really like the Jeffersons and db push press. Will definitely take them heavier as I am able.

Ok report over. Gn.

>a gym of fat fucks

MURICAAA

elaborate pls

feeling weak right now
i just started doing this last week and i've only been able to do the bar (45 lbs)
i need to do something about it reeeeeeee
should i just start amping up the weight by 2 or 5 lbs every time?
5'3" 85 lbs btw

WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TOMORROW

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TONIGHT

WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TOMORROW/THIS WEEKEND

HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP?

Autoregulated training is dabes

>5'3, 85lbs
holy fuck

gain some weight, and keep trying to add weight when you can. also, keep bettering your form

Yeah most people inflate their bench on Sheiko.

What worked for me was doing an AMRAP (@RPE 9, not to failure) set with 85% every two weeks.
When I found that I could do 7-8 reps with a weight I could only do 4-5 before, I'd just increase the inflation on the bench.

Worked well for me.

But other than that, the bench was still "easy." Just a lot of sets.

Just to keep them in place.

SS + GOMAD

got the same shoes :)

>Tomorrow
Squats. Back or front haven't decided yet.

>Eating
Everything I can get my hands on

>Weekend
Nm. Wanna hang out?

>Holding up
Fucking exhausted but happy.

>sumo diddylifting in squat shoes
too lazy to take them off

i try to gain weight but i have hypermetabolism, i eat probably 3000 calories a day and i jog maybe 5 miles a day, i can't seem to gain weight
my mom has the same thing and she is 6'4" 145

Girl? Holy fuck you're skinny. Eat, friend.

Made it through week 2 of c6w lower body days. My squats felt real good, just need to keep my upper back tighter. Got a sore neck though and may have broken my pinky fighting with my brother kek. Upper body day tommorow at a gyms grand opening tommorow, should be dope. Ate pizza for lunch and dinner today, all around decent day.

>increased ROM
He added an inch to his sumo ROM with this weird trick.
Conventional pullers hate him.

u run 5 miles a day..u gunna lose wait u dumb cardio cuck

da best? cause yes

>WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TOMORROW
SQUATS AND BINCH

>WHAT ARE YOU EATING TONIGHT
CHINESE FRIED CHIGGEN

>WHAT ARE YOU UP TO TOMORROW/THIS WEEKEND
SUICIDE SQUAT AT THE MOVIES WITH THE LADS

>HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP?
Had an awesome three days with the girlfriend

You're not eating 3k calories

Hbu?

Wew. I would say two things. One, youre probably not getting 3000calories a day. Two, milk, peanut butter, ice cream, pizza, shakes of all kinds; learn to love them. Good luck.

you're definitely not eating as much as you think you do. have you tried GOMAD? how old are you?

Whats considered a good FS and what is the typical ratio between FS and BS?

thanks

You play starcraft, Haino?