QTDDTOT

OLD THREAD DYING

Post questions that don't deserve their own thread

I think I might want to take up swimming. I'd like to increase my endurance. I used to run a lot but I don't want joint issues.

21M 6'1 SW 360 CW 295 GW 160

time: 4.5 months

question: what do you guys think loose skin situation will be? guess its kinda hard/impossible to tell but just looking for opinions

forgot pic

I failed pretty hard today Veeky Forums. Binged a whole box of oreos a friend had left at my place after a movie yesterday. I'm something like 1000 calories over my cut.

Do I cut additional calories tomorrow or just live with the fact I fucked up and continue cutting as normal?

it's august - too late to keep cutting. time to bulk, user

I really don't think you're so fat youll have too much to worry about.

>be 160 lbs

>squat 280
>deaflift 300 max
>chest press 180

>can't bench over 135

I literally don't get it.
Rounded shoulders?

What program will get me aesthetics the quickest? I am a bit overweight. Can anyone help?

underdeveloped triceps maybe? that's really weird

If I binge, I naturally find myself not as hungry the next day. Probably a good time to fast through breakfast and lunch.

how long can you rest for before you lose size or strength?

Does eating wheat and drinking milk actually make your skin age quicker?

So I recently started going to gym just about 4 weeks ago.

If I can do two exercises with 3kg dumbbells (4x10 and 3x12), but on the third exercise, on set 4 out of 4, I can do around 6 out of 12 before my arms are literally not able to keep going and they just fall.

Does this mean I have to use 2kg ones even though that makes the rest feel much easier, or should I keep going with 3kg until I can do the last set properly?

Anyone have experience with the sarms Ostarine?

I can get it at my local supp store and wondering if it was worth it, how long it takes to kick in, if the gains stay, if an experimental 3 week cycle is worth it and if a post cycle therapy is needed.

Should I strengthen my wrists before or after arms day? I have weak wrists so I want to focus on em.

read the sticky, follow a program, don't make shit up.

What's the purpose of creatine?

Does it make your muscles look bigger?

>jump roping
>dull pain in right testicle

massaged it a little bit, dull pain to the touch.
any idea what it could be?
I have a varicocele, maybe it's that?
only thing is, the affected (droopy) testicle is my left one....

No. Being in the sun does though, so use sunscreen.

I am following a program made by the guy running the gym...

...but I don't see him that much since he works really early, so I haven't got a chance to ask.

Also, I've read the sticky more times than I can count.

How do I improve my vertical and general air-time for sports(basketball)?
Should I look into this plyometrics stuff?

Should I be counting calories the in tea

Plyos can work, but they're not super useful for most people (and have to be added in carefully, especially if you're particularly tall or heavy).

The best thing you can do is practice explosive triple extensions. Jumps (both for height and distance) and stuff like power cleans or high pulls. Getting stronger also helps up to a point.

>Getting stronger also helps up to a point
You mean by doing squats?

Squats and deadlifts can be useful for this, yes. The exact variants you use don't matter too much in most cases.

Alright thanks for the help!

>Also, I've read the sticky more times than I can count.

yet you claim
> am following a program made by the guy running the gym...

is there any advantage of keto vs a regular deficit? I'm doing keto now but its kinda miserable not being able to have any carbs.

in reference to fat loss, im 242 now down from 339 and ive been struggling to move the scale so i tried keto. lost like 5 pounds in a week but im assuming most/all of that is water weight.

keto is very very rapid weight loss in comparison, but really only recommended if you're obese. If you're just kind of overweight (less than 30%) I wouldn't do it.

If you switch from keto to regular diet at a cut you will gain some weight back, losing it may not be as quick, but you can feel better.

i'm still in the obese category i believe at 242 pounds at 6'1. Do you think it's safe/sustainable until i meet my goal weight at 200 pounds?

Ehhhh, you seem just barely in the medically obese category. I'm assuming 30-31% just using a ballpark guess.

You can try it if you want, but I'd read up on it pretty thoroughly. You need to be dedicated to it and willing to stick through it to the end. You will also lose any muscle you might be preserving, so consider that.

alright i'll have to think about it I suppose.

alternative for power cleans? my wrists are not flexible enough for them.
should I do clean pulls? what is the correct technique for them?

High pulls.

I'm poor but I want fresh fruits and veggies. I typically shop in the beginning of the month. My question is can I buy frozen steambags of veggies and can I buy frozen fruit for smoothies? I checked the lables and the veggies are flash frozen and tje fruit doesn't have sugar. Would it be better to buy fresh and freeze them myself?

What are some exercises to improve my shoving ability? Ideally I'd like to knock someone off their feet if they try to push me.

Frozen is fine. But smoothies are dumb. Actually learn what it is to eat healthy, educate yourself.

The shoving movement is a horizontal push, so bench press.

nice
do you have any vids with legit technique? I'm seeing a lot of sources with mixed techniques

Its exactly the same technique you'd use for a power clean, you just don't pull it as high or try to rack it.

What should I do about getting fruit in my diet? I'm always on the go I do have a dehydrator dried fruit maybe?

so my arms stay completely stiff? no need to shrug the shoulders?

Dried fruit

and smoothies can be very healthy if you make them of healthy ingredients and propotions

You're going to need to bend your arms and shrug your shoulders. The bar is going to be coming up further than your hips.

Smoothies are typically calorie bombs with terrible macros.

>What do I do about fruit
Find what fits your macros and eat that. For me it's 2x banana and 100g grapes.

so it's not exactly the same technique for the power clean you nigger

What the fuck kind of power cleans have you been doing?

So, it's my understanding that if you were to hop on steroids, then hop off, you would lose all the strength and size gains your body naturally couldn't support.

So couldn't you literally just (as an intermediate lifter) take test for like, 4-6 months, then never do it again, and have achieved your natty limit?

You're not going to achieve your theoretical limit in 4-6 months unless you're running some crazy dosages.

Bit of a novice but been lifting for a few months, is it normal fory deadlift to be at only 90kg x5 but squats at 110kg x5? Both with proper form

Short legs but long torso

Does eating before bed matter? I have tried Google but the results are split down the middle and there's no definitive or credible source that I could find. Pls.halp

I'm currently on 1ML of 250mg/mL Test-E every 3 days, with 50mg of Dianabol every day starting next week for the next 45 days of my cycle.

I'm doing well, but want to up the gains, so I wanna know what you guys suggest adding to my next order to push the limits a bit harder.

I would normally just google this, but consider I'm starting halfway through my cycle I figured it was worth an ask here instead.

I'm considering Tren, but pretty much anything is available to me.

no

Not a question.

how much is a pl8

Does this mean fitsticky.com and/or trappy are coming back?
Last I checked the site was outright closed, now this

Does somebody have Veeky Forums's Greyskull routine?

What are you actually supposed to do with this machine?

thanks m8o

lower back pain with squats/deadlifts and similar, dyel, anyone can recommended me some exercises?

Really?
Mine are typically less than 100 cal. Then again I use water.

Back raises are good but more importantly: Learn how to hip hinge, you're probably not squatting/DLing properly because you dont hinge at the hip and instead just snap your spine.
Learn to hinge->lower weight->properly work your way back up.

I can't remember what the name the roid users used to give themselves is, it used to be in the name of the steroid generals, something to do with fraud or something, it was a play on words relating to natural lifters.

It's killing me that I can't remember, I want to use it as my Database table keyword instead of the more obvious "steroids" in case someone goes looking, or I'm looking when someone else is around.

Cheers

do them properly

looks weird. if you could lower it enough id assume it was for calf raises probably

1pl8 refers to one 20kg plate each side of the bar (since you wouldn't have just one plate on one side). so (2x20kg plates) + 20kg bar = 60kg

infer the question

the prudent thing to do would be to avoid bigger meals before bed.

i'm not that familiar with the research but as i'm aware theres possible problems with some hormone manipulation before a long period of inactivity and also the problem with gravity aiding digestion can lead to acid reflux. or something.

if that's the case, they're not both proper form.

unless you're very overweight and find it difficult to get into starting position for DLs

theoretically in terms of mass, yes (assuming you do the required levels of activity + maintenance to support this natty level afterwards).

squats and push press

Does anybody have good picture of female gains progress?

So much of what I find is women who have lost fat and gained a little muscle.
I'm more looking for pictures of women going from skinny/average to muscular.

Not a fetish thing. Just started lifting under the direction of a bodybuilder friend and want something to look forward to.

why did everyone ignore my thread pals
is it because I'm not eating enough? Do I need to eat more? Is it okay to just repeat the same meals, or am I missing some kind of food group or something
help

I cant see shit from your pic.
Post your macros.
Dont be so needy

I added the oats since I felt like I was ignored because it was still quite low in calories.
Thank you for replying!

I'm doing Greyskull, but I need some extra exercises besides the 3 core lifts. Currently doing Incline bench press, pec flies and dips on the "bench press" day and EZ bar curls, lat raises and facepulls on the "shoulder/back" day.

Do you agree with these additional exercises and how many reps/sets do you recommend since GSPL is all 3x5, but that seems a bit low for curls and dips etc.

You're trying to gain weight I gather.
Calculate your TDEE, and eat 300kcals above that.
You should base your diet on healthy simple foods.
>more meat, fish, eggs
>olive oil and nuts for fats, not much cheese
>complex carbs and lost of fresh veggies (spinach, zucchini, beans, broccoli etc), rice, potatoes, oats
>fruit for the vitamins but dont exceed, it's full of sugar

the fresher and less processed the better
Completely cut off fast food/takeout and sodas. Lots of water

basically all the shit in here.
what's your routine?

Holy fuck this is amazing.

I started lifting this week and after i finish a routine, it doesn't hurt or anything, i just don't have any strength anymore. Can't even walk properly. The hurting and soreness starts the next day, and it feels amazing. Is this how its gonna be forever?

Is there a website that shows the measurements of target bodies?

E.g. here is a pic of a 6' dude who looks great and here are his arm/chest/leg/waist measurements as well as BF%.

its called DOMs and unfortunately they will occur much less often as you work out more

I'm kind of trying to maintain my weight, but I'm kind of light ( 115 / 120lbs ) so I can't eat a lot more than 1400kcal without gaining -but- I'm trying to add some more protein in..
Alright! That was super helpful, thank you so much!

Tried glute ham raises for the first time yesterday with a bosu ball, and fuck me were they hard.

First my hams/calves cramped up before I even got halfway down, then I had to do negatives and push myself up a bit to finish the movement.

Any tips guys?

sometimes when I get into bench position my hip starts cramping.

what do?

Does jogging burn very many calories? I'd like to start doing a little cardio for overall heart wellness but I'm only at a 300cal surplus and I'd like to not eat too much more due to financial constraints currently.

how many sets and reps of deadlifts should I be doing for the most gains? I currently do 4 sets starting at 12 reps and finishing with 2 or 4.

Reposting from last thread

Looking for the Veeky Forums comic where a guy is riding his bike and he's looking for a gym. Passes a bunch for yoga, cardiobunnies, etc until he sees a gym that has a sign that says "gym where the only exercise is squats fueled by repressed rage", then rushes inside to sign up

I need it for reasons pls respond

I'm trying to lose 20kg of fat, I'm cutting half of my TDEE, is this too much?

Yes. A 500cal deficit is considered extreme. 250-300 is more average.

Maybe doing them on a hard and stable surface is easier.

I don't understand the problem. You really aren't helpful in the slightest. I guess this is what I should expect from Veeky Forums... I'll just go earlier some day and ask him.

What exercise can replace leg press?
More squats or deadlifts?

work out

Beginner here. Is it ok to so SS while cutting?

do so many fore arm curls that you powderise your wrists

My doctor told me that I should avoid doing lower-body exercises, like squats, because of overloaded muscles around my calves/shins.

Can anyone provide me with some information about the kind of routine I can do, like 3-4 times a week? Do I just do a upper body split with higher volume?

Any help is appreciated brehs, an injury is not going to stop me from making it.

There was a glute/legs centric SS variation by trappy.
If ask around you should find it.
Might be good if you're really a grill

is jason blaha's 5x5 good or a meme?

I've recently gotten into Veeky Forums and I'm thinking about lifting. I've been thin as fuck all my life, but I currently weigh 160 pounds. Also, I'm thinking about GOMAD, but all I see are people just getting fat, so I'm thinking it's not even worth it. Lifting every day is fine enough correct?

My doctor told me that I should avoid doing lower-body exercises, like squats, because of overloaded muscles around my calves/shins.

Can anyone provide me with some information about the kind of routine I can do, like 3-4 times a week? Do I just do a upper body split with higher volume?

Any help is appreciated brehs, an injury is not going to stop me from making it.

I have a twinge in my shoulder and I'm freaking out thinking I've done some sort of damage. I've been going pretty hard at the gym but I've been making sure to get 8 hours of sleep. Should I just take a couple days off to be on the safe side

Is there a way to disinfect shit, or is it inherently dirty? Like, If I poop into a pail of isopropyl alcohol, will that make the shit clean? If I put bleach on dogshit, will that make it clean? How about the microwave, etc.?

Also, I have a new part-time delivery job which involves a fair bit of bicycling in the morning before I report to my office job. Will that mess with my SL progress?