Building a bigger chest

What is the most effective way to build a massive chest? It seems like every website I go to when researching this has a different answer. Is it higher weight with lower reps or lower weight with higher reps? Or is it a combination of both?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6WVQ6UJurQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lift weights
probably bench press
eat a lot
its really that easy

have a bro jerk off on your chest and rub it in. ancient chinese secret

youtube.com/watch?v=U6WVQ6UJurQ

all hail scoob

Retract your scapula when you bench. My chest grew 100x not lying

do a few sets of heavy cable flies after every workout

bump

Lmao at people who think that just benching, pull ups and push ups build a big chest, try adding a lot of different flies to your workout

Also dumbbell presses have shown to have more chest activation than its barbell counterpart and in combination with the deeper stretch. For pure chest hypertrophy, dumbell would be the superior choice.

It's a combination of both. Bench heavy and you'll get strong enough that your 'light' weight will actually be significant and you'll pile on mass. Heavy = sub 6RM, Light = 6-20RM.

In terms of total volume, go for 15-25 total heavy reps and 40-90 lighter reps of various accessory movements per week. Start at the low end and add more reps every week until you start experiencing overtraining symptoms then dial it back a little (take off about 10-20 sets/wk). That's where you'll be growing optimally.

Also, make sure to include incline movements or you'll end up with a droopy chest rather than the 'suit of armour' chest most people want.

I took the time to lay all this shit out so you'd better read it, faggot.

>droopy chest
PLZ POST EXAMPLE PICS
OR YOU PROVE YOU KNOW NOTHING
INCLINE DOES NOTHING HEAVY BENCHING DOESN'T NEWFAG

>the clavicular pectoralis doesn't exist lel

not him, but when will this meme end? pic related is what happens with no incline. notice the valley below his collar bones.

forgot the fuckin picture.

Flat bench still activates the clavicular head to a significant degree. The poor bastard in your pic doesn't have underdeveloped upper pecs, it looks more like he's part of the ~5% of the population that basically does not have a clavicular head of the pecs.

Of course it does, but not as much as incline. The sternal head will always take the majority of the load when your humerus is moving at the angle it is when you do flat bench.

Seriously, I'm not saying stop benching heavy, but if you're going to be benching more than once a week anyway why not just do some incline?

Adding some incline work and flyes helped me a lot.

I alternate between cable and dumbell flyes each workout.

I like to have at least 2 exercises that either directly target the muscle or are atleast activated by said exercise. Pec flys and bench or floor press. work well for me as a natty.

>Pull ups
>Building chest
Pick one

This. I've seen the best results of my life when switching from barbell to dumbbell. And it's not even really close.

Of course, chest insertions are very precarious and genetics plays a factor here

>Alternate between dumbbell and cable flies each work out

mah nigga. I do an A/B full body. I started doing flat dumbbell flies 3x8 on A then 2x8 high cable fly/2x8 low cable fly on B. My chest is filling out more than ever. Flies are really underrated

I did incline and flat bench 3x5 twice a week and chest was my biggest muscle and most of the girls I have been always compliment my chest and they say.

Tbh kinda feel sad if I was a girl i would maybe have 10/10 tits.

Recently I am doing weighted dips(inb4 fedora) and my lower chest blew. I am on phat.