Are dips the best upper body developer ever?

Are dips the best upper body developer ever?

I think so

terrible form

Tell that to Vince Gironda

Terrible form

>do dips in park close by
>narrow bars
>nice deep tricep dips

>try out gym
>dip bars are wider
>shoulder and sternum pain

Fuck, is this normal?

Wider bars work your chest more

Also, you shouldn't even attempt dips if you can't complete at least 50 pushups

>weighted dips

>if you can't complete at least 50 pushups

Wut. I usually do 3 sets of 15 narrow stance pushups for a good pump. I can do 3 sets of narrow dips, easily. Are you saying I should stop doing dips? Seriously?

3 sets of 12 narrow dips*

thank you very much for clearing that up

Post your upperbody

you mean ring dips

Probably. Work on getting to 50 consecutive pushups before you transition to dips. They are very stressful on the shoulders. Don't even attempt handstand pushups until you can do 20 dips

Isn't 50 pushups just overkill? That seems like way too much volume as well as 20 dips. Shouldn't I start progressing to harder variations at about 10-12 reps?

don't listen to that faggot

>fucked up my ac ligament benching lmao 1'5pl8 for reps
>scared to do dips now
>they were my favourite and I only really felt my chest when doing them

Halp

I doubt I can do more than 40 pushups and I can still do dips just fine.

Maybe but it's what I read in the Greyskull LP program. Also, any able bodied male should be able to complete 50 pushups

No. Listen to this man. Bodyweight exercises are done at high reps for a reason. Aim for 15-20 reps before adding weight. Your ligaments do not strengthen as quickly as your muscles. That's why morons snap their shit doing weighted dips. All of you dudes too little volume anyway.

Dips and decline bench press are both contenders for best pectoral workouts, both utilise 80-90% of the pectoral. Decline actually works the upper pectoral as hard as the incline.

If you only wanted two chest workouts, you'd dip and decline.

The real question is if chest targeted dips work the upper pectoral... Good luck finding out. I think it does because that pain in your collar bone is actually your front deltoid getting fucked.

I think if he just means pushups suck for you.

I could always do more than 15 pushups even before starting. Decline pushups are better, but they've recently become meaningless.

Body weighted dips suck for me fresh. I weigh 65kg though.

>Also, you shouldn't even attempt dips if you can't complete at least 50 pushups
sound so stupid, like "you shouldn't fuck grills until you cant masturbate for 50 minutes"

Virgin detected.

Weighted dips are just GOAT.

>tfw you dip 46kg for reps

Fucking love the pump afterwards

not even close.

I can do 25-30 pushups, but can dip with 30kg extra for 5 x 3.

I have no problem with shoulder pain at all. I weigh only 65 kg.

Right now I do flat bench and incline bench 3 days a week. Should I throw decline bench in?

>3 days a week
So 50% of your routines are chest days?

Putting that aside, some people don't even do flat bench because they have better gains incline, decline and dips. From there you can throw in cable flyes to target whichever pectoral head you believe is lacking.

what is this from? some book?

>weighted dips

kek

They're just vertical bench press, my man.

What's wrong with weighted dips?

They're a meme

ur a meme

Body weight exercises are usually done in higher rep ranges than weights, I saw people in prison that were huge from just doing 5000 push ups a week

Lmao, what a fucking moron.

What's the problem? Reasonable progression

lold

>715 pushups a day

Literally impossible

Several people do 1000 a day, try going to jail sometime it will change your views on exercise tremendously

In a day* most people take a couple days off for pull ups. (I've seen someone do 100 straight strict) and body weight squats .

I can dip with 50kg added ad 88kg bw ask me anything

Absolute madman

It totally isn't.
You should do a wide range of exercises instead of progressing one by one.
HPU aren't even difficult, especially not difficult enough to require 20 dips, not to mention that pull ups will benefit you more in HPU than dips.
Push ups above 30 make it just endurance training, just as pull ups above 20 do, and HPU and other tricks are purely strength and balance training.
Trying to progress and strengthen your joints by burning yourself out with mindless sets of 20-30-40-50 rep ranges is just borderline retarded.

Get a clue.

Post your pic so I'll know if I can take you seriously

You got guys like pic related that can do planches while eating their breakfast and look scrawny as fuck, and you want a picture of me?