How much you benching famalamadingdong?

>How much you benching famalamadingdong?
>"225lbs bro"
>Huh... I only see 180lbs loaded
>"Yeah plus the 45lb bar"
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW that actually do this

(Poo)

Yeah, fuckin idiots. Little do they know, all bars are built with a special levitator so that its weight is completely nulled out, so you don't have to count it. Fucking retards.

>people still counting weight without taking elevation and moon's gravity into account

Yeah bro what the fuck

Hold on, do you actually count the weights on the bar when it's not on the ground? Jesus Christ, man.

>not counting the weight of your arms in your bench

Hoo boy

This ironic posting doesn't stop the truth

Person starts out super weak
ohp 35lbs
then 40
then fucking 0...

What?

Ever heard of negative reps?

He's saying that if you start doing OHP with, say, fixed barbells that weigh 35 or 40 lbs, then once you get strong enough to move up to the empty Olympic bar you're apparently pushing "less weight".

It's pointing out how dumb the "not counting the bar" meme is you numbskull

I grow tired of this meme

What's so hard to understand? "2pl8" isn't 180+bar, it's (180+bar)/2 on each side of the bar. 2pl8 is still 225lbs but if you count the bar, it's 270lbs

Yeah but that second time you counted the bar is counteracted by the centripital force of Earth's rotation, varying according to your latitude of course.

That post was dumb, op is not

So if some girl can only bench press the woman s bar does that mean she's lifting -10 lbs ?

She's lifting literally nothing

How is this so hard

0 lbs cuz the weight lifted is relative to the weight of the bar, doesn't matter how much the bar """"weighs"""" empty bar bench is still 0lbs

>not counting the added force of air resistance into the weight as you move the bar
>not lifting in a frictionless vacum
shig

>45lb bar

Wtf my bar weighs half of that

This guy gets it

>He doesn't calculate the gravitational force fluctuations as the bar increases and decreases it's displacement from the Earth's center of Gravity, thus changing the weight of the plates.

2pl is 80 kg without bar you fucking retarded fuckface

>Not buying a ticket on the space shuttle to lift insane amounts of weight in a vacuum.
Fucking poorfags.

I will fucking fight and kill whoever posts this meme next

>lb
>FUCKING lb

>there are Yanks ITT that measure weight using lbs

You got a problem bro?

I will do if you don't get your mug out of mine

Lets go then faggot it's not like lifters can fight for shit anyway

Not counting the bar is right since bars don't actually have a standard weight and there's no way of knowing what weight the bar ACTUALLY is

If you think about it, it's kinda crazy how light the bar alone feels. Feels like nothing at all on compound lifts.

2pl8 means there's two 45lbs plates on either side of the bar. Aka 225 lbs. If you don't count the bar you're a fucking retard who somehow thinks that lifting the first 45 isn't lifting. You don't count the weight of your arms because that's functional weight (weight that produces force) so it is not dead weight. The bar and any extra weight placed on it is dead weight (weight that is not producing force) so you have to count it as weight lifted. If you think otherwise you have Down's syndrome or you're just b8ing and don't actually believe it

>two 45lb plates + bar
>= 225lbs
That's one heavy bar

>being so retarded that you can't even read that I said on either side of the bar aka 2plates per side

Kys

Unless you weigh it

But that would just be silly

A plate is 45kg you fucking mong

>A plate is 45kg you fucking mong
>kg
kek

How do you know how much your bar weighs anyway? Is there a way to tell?

I'm just gonna start pretending like mine doesn't feel like 20lbs, but 40lbs instead so my stats look better

You are truly retarded. No amount of schooling will ever fix the amount of 21st chromosomes you have.

Kill yourself retard

Good comeback

For you

I really hate this not counting the bar meme

Yeah, it triggers me a bit too much for it to be a common meme tbqh

When i introduced my skell friend to lifting he had trouble benching the bar.

>not counting the weight of that chicken breast you ate when doing pullup
C'mon guys

Same

If you count the bar you are an ego lifter. 2pl8 is two 45lb plates on each side of the bar. 4 x 45lb = 180lbs. 225lbs is 2 45s + 2 10s + 1 2.5 lb plates on each side. It's simple fucking arithmetic which you neck beards can't understand.

Since when has correctly stating the amount you lift been egotistical? If the weight is in your hands you are lifting it. If you were lifting a 50 pound bucket of pebbles you wouldn't say "this is only 5 pounds" come back with a logical argument you dunce

t. ego lifter

So you're counting your arms too, right? I mean, the shoulder joint is moving the arm, after all, and the arm weighs a lot, so it's additional effort with additional weight.

So lets add our bodyweight when talking about weighted dips and pullups, right?

>Not factoring in elevation

>how much you bench?
>225 sea level, 245 at 5k ft

wew lad

I OHP 2 plates!

(one on each side of the bar)

>not squatting the plates themselves so that no one thinks you're ego lifting

Come the fuck on Veeky Forums

Lifting 2pl8 with a 35lb bar is the same as lifting 2pl8 with a 45 lb bar you heard it here folks

If you think about it though, there are such thing as 17lb bars which are a majore outlier in comparison to 45lb bars.

That doesnt even make sense faggot. You have less O2 at elevation so you would lift less. Fucking Autistics

Its the same on a smith too

>who cares the bar weight a pl8 and youre lifting it as well you shouldnt count it because i said so :^)

there are people in this thread right now who unironically believe this

>pushing a barbell into the air is the same as pushing empty hands into the air

>people in this thread actually arguing about what 2pl8 means

Lmao

It cancels out because of the weights on each side

>tfw i DB bench exclusively

The bar is a lie

This. It like counting your body weight doing squats. No one does it and it's fucking retarded

>how much you benching senpai
>100kg bruh
>look at the bar
>he's counted the plates he's loaded on to it

that's like including the weight of your arms in a bench press

No it's not because your hands are doing the lifting

>Sees how much is on the var
>still asks

user, please.

>There are people on this board right now that actually count the weight they put on the bar

t. Autist who has his mum count his weight

Fucking stop onglar.

>not lifting at high elevation with oxygen masks

Enjoy your no gains

You also have to discount 5lbs because of the hole in the plates that the bar goes through.

And the your distance from the equator

I'll bite.
There is a sport in which they count the bar, a sport that is represented in fucking Rio 2016 Olympics, you know what that is? FUCKING WEIGHTLIFTING
In fact they even count the collars that hold the plates.
OP BTFO

>tfw there are people who don't count the bar because they fell for the meme

There have been a few threads where we literally agreed how to troll newfags. This was one of the ways. Its getting out of hand. You're lofting the bar, so count the goddamned thing. It ain't hard.

You must be a newfag then since you're getting trolled by it.

Are you an olympic weightlifter? I didn't think so, so counting the clips is autistic, same as counting the bar.

>Are you an olympic weightlifter? I didn't think so
Are you? No, so why do you weight lift?

All olympic weightlifters started out as ordinary weightlifters, and they didn't count the clips, or the bar.

>started out as ordinary weightlifters
>ordinary
So you're saying they didn't know better as amateurs? Ok, thanks for proving my point.
End of discussion.

I bet you count your arm weight when doing lateral raises too lmao

Yeah, but those 'amateurs' became olympic weightlifters, while you - counting the bar and clips as an amateur -, are stuck benching 180lbs.

>thinking that's actually 180lbs when it's closer to 135.

You don't know that, I don't count the weight I lift, just put the most I can. Nice try tho.

I know that 90% of the people posting are just trying to bait people, but I just imagine that maybe there's one autist who actually doesn't count the bar

I've been away for a long while. Thank you Veeky Forums never change.

How much you lift?
I lift two plates, I lift three plates, four...five.
You might as well take out your tiny dick and compare. When any dbag wants to compare or whatever I simply say I lift about a couple of hundred pounds. I've never said a couple of hundred pounds and the bar.

>do a bench with a 45lbs barbell and 2 45lbs plates per side
>switch to a 35lbs barbell and put 2 45lbs plates and a 5lbs one on each side
>instantly increase your bench by 10lbs, since counting the bar is for ego lifting losers

ONE WEIRD TRICK POWERLIFTERS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT

1pl8 = 135lbs
2pl8 = 225lbs
3pl8 = 285lbs
4pl8 = 325lbs

The weight you increase by decreases each time you see

First plate is 135

divide by 3 multiply by 2 = 90

which is 225

then 90 divide by 3 multiply by 2 = 60

etc.