Is fencing the highest and most noble form of martial arts?

is fencing the highest and most noble form of martial arts?

sword fighting in general has fallen under the same malaise as tae kwon do, they lean towards sports for points vs actual combat.

They have actually tried bringing it back with historically accurate stuff (youtube it)

only other real sword stuff I can think of is PTK

it's pretty hard to acurately simulate aa real sword fight without putting the lives of the fenceres severely at risk

yes, that is the difference between sports and martial arts though.

there are assumptions of bodily harm coming into play for the purpose of learning an martial arts vs sports

(you)

We pick up heavy objects and put them back down again. Why are you asking us about the noble forms of martial arts?

injuries from mma or other martial arts are usually not life threatening though

I've seen this a billion times but never saw the thing attached to his lower abdomen until now. What is that?

Been in a Corp, had to do this shit 5 times a week with a bunch of bloated alcoholics. No athletics needed. Basically a joke to even consider this sport or martial arts.

If you actually believe this is somehow noble, please do the world a favour and kill yourself.

I can't wait for the return of glorious return of blood sports.

Wooden swords and not hitting the head seem realistic enough.

>no athletics needed

if medicine get's better we could potencially save a lot of wounded people so that sword based martial arts aren't that dangerous anymore

its fun to watch and it feels like something i would like to do

mind you what i really want to do is use claymores

this is not real swordsmanship, it's tag with car antennas

wow, that looks lame as fuck

That's like saying that having a wooden baseball bat fight is safe as long as you don't hit eachother in the head

if lives aren't at risk it's not worth doing bro

No, old world Cuckery is the highest and most noble form

99.9% of fights are over a girl, its inevitable

dueling needs to be legalized, would make life so much better

I think it's omething for Type 1 diabetes (the genetic form) that helps supply insulin.

Actually the most gentlemanly and noble of martial art is Baritsu

no, jousting is

olympic fencing is all about speed
its very dull to watch unless you are a fencer

Nope. Boxing or wrestling is

>heavy

probably because HEMA threads on /asp/ are cancer and real fencing threads wouldn't even last 30 minutes in new /asp/

It'd be as dangerous as fighting with bare hands. So yeah as long as you dont hit the head its not that bad.

HEMA fencing is.

Okay, but they can hit you five times in less than a second with it

Have you ever been hit in the clavicle?

it's the gayest

I actually agree

do you understand why this is? Even the LARPing HEMA-tards are not pure because real sword play is fighting.

It's grabbing your opponents arm and throwing them to the ground, it's hitting them with your elbow in the face after you step in on a parry. Real sword fighting is violent and we can't practice that because it's too dangerous.

A friend of mine spent 6 months bitching about how much it hurt him, is it really that painful ?

Whether or not a martial art is "noble" depends on how effective it is against negroes and how often it is used against negroes.

holy fuck, I didn't realize Olympic Fencing permitted the use of lasers

Baking nigger dick flavoured pudding is the most noble

This. I do HMB and even with a fuckton of regulations people get hurt even while training. Its equially nerdy and violent.