Greyskull PL additional exercises

I'm doing Phrak's Greyskull LP, but I need some extra exercises besides the 3 core lifts.

Currently doing Incline Bench Press, Pec flies and Dips on the Bench/Chin ups day and EZ bar curls, lat raises and face-pulls on the OHP/BB row day.

Do you agree with these additional exercises?

Also, would you recommend Veeky Forums's GSPL version over Phrak's?

Other urls found in this thread:

70sbig.com/blog/2011/03/the-greyskull-lp/
strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89&start=1740
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>unironically doing reddit fitness dyel mod's program
ISHYDDT.

Can you explain what's wrong with squats, deadlifts, bench presses and BB rows?

Or are you just gonna shitpost with a homo pic?

That's not the problem. The problem is the programming my sweet sweet naive dyel summerfriend.

Beginners don't need programming you stupid fuck

Explain what's wrong with the programming then, I'm actually interested

It's a fantastic program. Don't listen to that anonymous piece of shit. He probably doesn't even lift.

Deload: The Program
You don't know what programming actually means do you?
Not him but let's see.
>deadlifting once a week
>beginners going to failure
>deloading 10% everytime you fail a final set
Take your pic kiddos.

Reddit in one picture

>beginners going to failure
As a beginner who goes to failure, what's the problem? I mean I'd rather go to failure now when I bench lmao 50kg, then in a year when I bench twice that - less chance of getting hurt with small weights.

Lmao beginners with shit form should not get anywhere NEAR failure til they learn the lifts.

>bench less than 50kg
>going to failure
Dat board press must be solid breh

This quite frankly, deterioration in form when you try to grind out extra reps can seriously fuck your shit up, especially as a beginner with
-already doubtful form
-poorly developed stabilizer muscles
-low baseline strength base

The Greyskull LP isn’t just a reiteration of a program outline. Instead, it’s a 56 page synthesis of material that JP has talked about for years. For those of you who are uneducated, the Greyskull LP is a linear progression that differs from other LPs; it reduces the squatting frequency (a significant change in itself), changes exercise order, and adds in various twists like going for max reps on the last set of each exercise. JP explains all of this in detail, but more importantly he explains why these alternative techniques work. I’ll also point out that they don’t merely work, they work better.

Nice citation dyel.

After establishing the reasoning for the program’s outline, he spends 30 pages discussing variations, “plug-ins” (or subtle changes that push the trainee towards particular goals). He discusses ways to improve pull-ups and push-ups via the frequency and ladder methods. He discusses that trainees can in fact get big and strong, yet do so with athletic body fat and conditioning levels by using short, intense conditioning workouts. He discusses the effective, yet boring (his words, but I agree) aspects of low-intensity conditioning. JP contributes effective methods of accomplishing each individual goal.

A lifter at Greyskull

The “Putting it all together” section creates a focused synthesis of his material and programming for different LP goals such as mass/hyper/swollertrophy, fat loss (including female fat loss), and the ever popular “linebacker” focused Greyskull LP that gets guys bigger, stronger, and athletic.

It’s rare that I wholeheartedly endorse someone in their coaching and programming, but JP doesn’t merely apply programming templates; he thinks through and around situations and always comes up with something better and more efficient. It’s almost as if his tattoos augment his brain power. The Greyskull LP is simple to read and contains more information than what is merely contained in the program itself. It explains a lot of side topics that are frequently asked about on 70’s Big and Strength Villain and gives reasoning for their utility (JP’s observation on body fat and his burpee challenge is probably worth the price alone for most of you). If you want to read a text that will help you get bigger, stronger, leaner, and more conditioned, check out The Greyskull LP by John Sheaffer AKA Johnny Pain.

Hey thanks JP can I give you my money right now you shill piece of shit

70sbig.com/blog/2011/03/the-greyskull-lp/

So then what program should a beginner do? Without becoming a T-Rex mode

SS

Here's a guy that did the Greyskull program LMFAO

Literally started three weeks ago. But my form is good and I have a spotter, so why not give 100% on that last rep?

Which is why Greyskull stressed that "going to failure" means going to the point where your form starts to deteriorate - THAT is "failure" in GSLP, not being physically incapable of lifting even if your life depended on it.

I've heard good things about Greyskull LP both on this board and bodybuilding.com, so why all the hate ITT?

That's his "before" body, dipshit. He's two weeks in:
strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89&start=1740

So where is the after pic?

trolling out the ass

He hasn't posted one on strenghtvillan so far. Was a year ago so he SHOULD have made progress. Perhaps he gave up?

I've been doing greyskull lp Veeky Forums edition since the start of june.
first recorded lifts were:
50kg squat
90kg deadlift
30kg The Press
50kg bench
all 3x~5 except deadlift.
I'm 5'7, still a skelly trying to fill out from the bitchhips frame. I have put on weight though, and despite being dyel in both pictures I have made slight aesthetic gains, I think they come through a little better irl. Happy with my strength gains so far, aiming for 1/2/3/4 then I think I'm gonna try some more hypertrophy stuff.

Meanwhile every one else wants to listen to an obese manlet from flyover Kansas and a mentally ill twink that pretends he's a girl.

Don't forget that this is the same faggot who banned brosciencelife discussion because Dom is a misogynist.

I pick all 3, explain to me everything wrong with each of those aspects.

i'm waiting.

What's the Veeky Forums edition of GSLP? Nice progresd

Does.... does he not understand Dom isn't real? That it's a character played by a regular guy, poking fun at bro stereotypes such as being a misogynist?

So you are basicly doing a push pull with an added one heavy antogonist. Add accesories, not fucking presses and rows.