Rest week

Are there any benefits from taking a rest week every 6 months?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-target-date
youtube.com/watch?v=HHmLv8gdkkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. CNS

>rest week every 6 months
I was told you're supposed to do this every 8-10 weeks? Have I fallen for a meme?

Yes yes and yes. I just tore my meniscus last week from turning around in the kitchen to strain some pasta. Doc said it was because I was CONSTANTLY, every single week, lifting and hadn't taken 7-10 days off to just do nothing.

Also what this retard said.

resting is for weak minded fags

post more of grills

That guy's got a nice ass.

Resting is dependant on how hard you are training your body and how much you eat.

I take breaks when my progression becomes stagnant, and after the break I change up my program.

People saying yes, is it worth the setback though? Every day I'm not in the gym, I feel like I'm missing hypertrophy opportunities, and I wouldn't want to take a week if that's the case.

hypertrophy is a meme, there's so much hypertrophy you can get without roiding, you look swoller because of lower BF yes your muslces do grow but as much as the hurr sarcoplasmic vs myofibrillar hipertrophy that's prettymuch broscience, also strength comes from CNS activation, and movement patterns that's why the whole range of reps has more to do with CNS adaptation vs how much resistance a muscle has a.k.a. anaerobic adaptations to workload

if you deload yo don't need rests, because that's your "rest"

>Are there any benefits from taking a rest week every 6 months?
Yes, but only if you've been working out 14+ times per week for those 6 months.
Rest WEEKS are for soviet block weightlifters who had three 3 hour workout sessions every single day, just to make sure they don't have time to get into trouble in their off time.

How do they get their stomachs to look like this? I'm eating 1200 calories a day and lifting+cardio every other day and I still have lower ab fat and I'm still flabby. These normies probably eat mac and cheese sandwiches all day too.

>1200 cals
there's your problem

Yes, it gives you more time to pick the sand out of your vagina

Are you implying I should be eating even less? With the amount I move and the amount I eat, I should be Auschwitz-tier skinny by now. I'm 5'6 138lbs though.

Those girls in the OP are around 105 lbs.

Well, I guess that's my new goal then. 5'6 105lbs.

Enjoy your anorexia

First in, last out
Keep cutting

How much do you weigh? Do more core.

Apparently I have to be 105lbs to have a stomach like that according to user. If I have to lose another 30lbs I will.

5'6 138lbs. I was at 169lbs ~4 months ago

115 is the lowest you'll want to go. But 120 is probably where you'll be happy, maybe even 125.

10lbs goes a long way when you're a grill. Just keep doing core. Might need to wait for your skin to tighten as well.

I look like shit, user. I really think I need to lose another 30lbs, I don't think 10 or 15lbs will cut it. Maybe it's just body dysmorphia talking though.

calculate your BMR then substract 500 cals tops depending, however females should avoid going below 1400 because their hormone levels get fucked up and cortisol and other stress hormones shoot up when going below your minimum daily reqs for too long thus increasing glycemia and making your fat disappear at a slower rate, less cals is not always the answer, up the cardio, squats and deads, also planches will get your abs going way faster than crunches and sit ups

Below 115 you'll start getting underweight. You don't want to rebound back up in weight.

Focus on getting to ~120 and then try eating at maintenance for awhile while working out. Do this for a month or two before deciding to drop down more.

Wouldn't upping my daily calorie intake would make me gain weight immediately? I'm not trying to ruin all of the progress I've made because some user on Veeky Forums wants to fuck me over.

Mfw just want to have a nice body for once in my life

No you dumbass. Lookup TDEE and find any calculator. Try 100 calculators.

You're eating bare minimum. You've only been at it for 4 months, calm down. If you're exercising 2-5 times a week, and I mean really going at it, you're practically starving yourself. Find your TDEE, subtract a few hundred calories at most. You're looking at 1400 minimum.

I hope you meant TDEE and not BMR. BMR is just the calories you burn being alive not moving at all. If they're moving and working out they'll want to factor that in. At that weight/height their BMR is probably at 1300-1400.

Then be sensible, extreme dieting won't help.

There is no such thing as overtraining, only undereating and undersleeping.

>Hypertrophy is a meme
Go get necked roidfag

But if I am really at the bare minimum, wouldn't I be Auschwitz mode by now?

you're supposed to deload every couple months. Look it up. I'm not an expert, but I would guess lifting 50% the weight you normally would for 1 week, and maybe walking 30 minutes a day instead of any form of cardio.

No, that isn't how this works. You're not eating 0-500 calories a day. Bare minimum means you're getting enough food to live but not supplement a healthy lifestyle.

user please, the last thing you want to do is rebound and gain weight after going through all this effort. You're going to get to 120, and you're going to maintain that weight while you work out.

Try this
fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-target-date

Look to lose the remaining ~15lbs in 3-4 months. That's about 1lb a week, which is perfectly normal at your weight and much more healthy than 2-3lbs a week.

during the workout, you only break the muscle fibers. the hypertrophy actually occurs while you rest. if you don't give your body time to recover from the wounds, you're just hurting yourself.

and that's also true. because if you don't workout that hard, 8h of sleep is enough to recover, so you're ready to go.

i like this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHmLv8gdkkc

I'm embarrassed to go out in public (besides gym) because of my body. 1lb a week is prolonging my embarrassment. Should I just kill myself because I'm an aspie p.o.s.?

>138lb 5'6
>embarrassed
just end it now

>implying this isn't embarrassing

I was the fattest girl at that Trump rally m8

Sorry user, I forgot men don't understand bodily shame because you build muscle faster, and have higher TDEE's therefore you're on easy mode.

you're delusional and have image issues then, it won't matter if you work home or at a gym quit being so self conscious males will fuck anything from chubbyfat to auschwitz mode given it's not fucking horrid and even then 6/10 face is still smashable, want proof? get a g string, slip in an underarmour short and a tumblr lv shirt if you don't get stares either you're landwhale mode or your face looks like it was hit by a hammer multiple times

What the hell is a tumblr lv shirt?

By being 17-20 years old.

I had legit abs back then and i didnt diet or lift.

I'm 19 years old, so am I just unlucky?

pics user

we will tell you whats wrong

That or fat

You might just be skinny fat, lacking much muscle in the places where you're expecting it to show. How long have you been lifting, user? Also, it's hard to say without pictures.

I take 1 week off every 13, I don't know if it helps or not but I like the focus it gives me. I imagine it like a 12 week training program, set my goals, determine my routine then focus on hitting my goals by the end. The time limited aspect of it helps focus me for some reason, before that I was just like pushing shit in the gym without any thought.

If you read above I stated I'm embarrassed of my body, why would i take photos of it? I am fat clearly, 5'6 138lbs is fat as fuck.

>tfw 5'6 and 190lbs

end me

Ok. I'm a woman, it looks 10x worse on me. A chubby manlet can build muscle quicker, and has a higher TDEE than I do. You're on easy mode as long as you fucking lift m8.

Yeah it's a good idea but I wouldn't take a week off and just say "well this is my week off for 6 months". Save it for a time when you can't workout or when your body is extremely fatigued, me personally I went to visit my friend in another province for a week and decided I wasn't going to work out once because I never skip.

When I came back to the gym I felt amazing, all my lifts felt easier/smoother and I had some serious drive to move heavy weight, in the following week all my lifts increased that I was struggling with.

Don't talk to me you daft cunt

If youre that out of shape at 19 you are just a retard. I could barely afford to eat back then so maybe thats why i looked good.

Things will only get more difficult as life goes on, so you better make some immediate and dramatic changes to what you're doing if this actually bothers you.

Serious question fampais:

I'm 6' at around 210 right now down from 260ish. I started around late February and adjusted my diet and everything, but I still get super bad urges to eat junk food, whether I'm full or not. I've resisited so far, but once I reach my goal weight how do I prevent from relapsing? Also what would Veeky Forums say is a good weight to maintain at my height?

my woman is 5'4" and roughly 140 and she wears bikinis, sundresses, low-cut shit and I always catch guys mirin' anytime we ever go out

She's had 2 kids, she went through an episode where she sounded like you do right now. Just be confident, keep lifting and eat right.

Every time I've taken a rest week instead of a deload I always came back way stronger, more motivated, and with no fatigue.

The week sucks not working out but it's all you start to think about and then you start missing those gains and feel like you are gonna lose them. So when you get back to the gym you are fired up and ready to go because you gotta make up for all that lost time.

Mirin her cow tits probably. I'm fat and a B cup chestlet. I have everything going against me unfortunately. Even if I do end up reaching 100lbs I'll still be a chestlet, maybe even more so.

>She's had 2 kids

Who's the baby daddy?

You are always going to have bit of fat there if u starve yourself. You need to do HIIT. Ever wonder why sprinters all have six pack abs? They don't get it from steady state cardio or starving themselves. Push your body as hard as you can, basically kill yourself doing interval training and you'll get there.

I don't do steady state cardio, I'm doing couch to 5k which is intervals of sprints and walking.

Don't get into the mindset that you're "going on a diet" and you're just doing this to hit your goal weight. Your mindset should be that you're improving yourself, and the change in your diet is permanent. That's not to say that you'll always be eating at a defecit, but your diet and activity have improved and you're continually reaping the benefits.

Nothing wrong with B-cups (or even A-cups) if your body is proportionate and you have a decent face. Guys obsessed with MUH D CUP tits are in an arrested state of development and you shouldn't care about pleasing them.

I am, haha wait lemme find a nice pic of the familia

naw i think she's C cup, some bras D iirc. nice hourglass though, her fat goes to her ass but there's no cellulite. I train her hard, tho

C cup is the best

I congratulate you guys for having your life in order so much.

Not being snarky. I don't think I had a 6 month period in the last 4 years in which I didn't have a break for one reason or other from lifting - mostly due to travelling or sickness/injury.

I plan regular rests and I always feel refreshed and stronger after them

You got called a manlet by a chick lmao

You've got it wrong, OP. It's the inverse: lift once every six months to confuse the body. Right, babe?

B-babe?

>everyone is responding to the attention whore

Saged and reported

>denial: the post

Plenty of cocaine will keep you thin.

seriously go fuck off

I'm on 5/3/1 I deload every three weeks

Guys I've been having some discomfort in my low back and erector spinae.
I think it is due to deadlifting. My form is ok though.
maybe it's because I sit a lot.
I was thinking of skipping squats and diddys for a week or so, just to relax a bit

i can never stand this lanky fuck

Bump

5'6 and 138 is not fat, you probably just have body image issues

remember that training specifically for the 5k is going to be a lot different than HIIT and will rarely include sprints, but will include steady state cardio (long runs which can run to over an hour)

This

Post pic of ass pls female user, we be judge

> 5'6" 138 lbs.

Skinnyfat knows no bounds. I had a friend with anorexia issues, she was scary skin but she still had a bit of a tummy sticking out. People just put on fat differently. If you're already fairly skinny by weight but don't look it, adding muscle is always the way to go.

Just gotta do weights, skinnys nice but muscle is what keeps theirr shit "tight/toned"

olympic and other high intensity athletes often do that

Resting for 1 - 2 weeks every so often is actually recommended for hypertrophy. Look into strategic deconditioning. Resting it general is good because its not good for gains to constantly be in a catabolic state.

Probably good metally too

My gf is 105 and 5'5. She has a stomach like that, just runs a lot and no lifting. Only eats hummus, fish, and veggies everyday.

>implying they don't have several 3 hour sessions of trainin 6 days a week and sleep for 8 hours
I doubt OP trains for more than 1 hour and a half thre times per week tops

I'm 5'8" and 215 lbs. So you're absolutely nothing compared to me

To be fair. I am only ~27% body fat using the navy bf calc.

stop deadlifting ? ? ? ? ? ?

> 138 lmfao
> you shouldn't be any tier skinny by now

My lifts frequently go up after I take a longer break than the usual day. If you lift hard, you'll need a longer recovery period every once in a while to actually grow all that muscle that you damaged by lifting.

5'3" and and 115 lbs here, and no flabby stomach. Bf percentage is much more important than weight, you could probably find plenty of people with the exact same stats who don't have abs.

You probably need to lose a bit of weight, but not that much. Eat plenty of protein and do some core exercises (planks...) so you don't end up skinnyfat abd underweight while keeping the belly fat.

Info on the right girl

Are you a retard? What's the first thing your body will try to do when you starve? It will try to survive. This means it's going to hold on to that precious fat for as long as possible. If your body was fed and you used that energy on cardio and lifting your body will say "hey, I need to use this energy (calories ok) because thus guy is doing some heavy / demanding work! I'll use them calories to recover and build muscle so it's easier for me next time" .. this is so simple yet so many people are starving themselves to try look better.. say goodbye to your muscles before your fat too btw.

And as long as you don't over eat you won't put in excess fat/weight.