Why am I not losing weight at a strict 500 calorie deficiet...

Why am I not losing weight at a strict 500 calorie deficiet? It's been 10 days now and for the first 5 I was losing weight but its gone right back up to where I started now. I'm weighing myself in the same conditions each time. I just started working out 5 times a week or so, could it be newb gainz that are keeping it up maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/VLRuw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

ok, here's how you measure your weight from now on:
weigh yourself everyday at the morning, write it down
end of the week, make an average of all days
compare it to the previous week

have you lost weight? good
have you not? you're probably not eating 500cals

Probably calculated wrong, eat less.

I am definitely eating at least a 500 calorie deficit, probably more.

Im eating 1700 calories
5'11 168lb 21% body fat
Working out 5 times a week for an hour and a half.
I'm pretty sure im my deficit is more than 500.

your body isn't just muscle and fat, there's a lot more going on. just because your weight doesn't go down, doesn't mean it doesn't burn fat.

if after a month you haven't lost weight, then you're eating TDEE or more.

>I just started working out 5 times a week or so
if you are new to lifting, you will gain water weight in the first couple of weeks because your muscles will retain more water. if you are still not losing weight after a month, you are probably not eating at the deficit you think you are.

Did you calculate your TDEE based off of lean body mass or total body weight?

Calculate it off of lean body mass not total body weight if you did total body weight.

Your fat doesn't burn calories, it's stored energy. So don't take that into account when analyzing caloric consumption.

TDEE is hard as fuck to estimate. It's fine to readjust every few weeks, if not every week when just starting.
10 days is a short period though.
Weight yourself every day, write down your measurements, compare weekly averages to see how fast you're losing weight.
Slower than your goal loss? Remove 100 calories from your TDEE. Faster? Add.

As others have said, it takes a long time.

Your weight can fluctuate 5~ lbs day by day. This is stuff like water retention, shit in your bowels, food in varying levels of digestion and other stuff in your body.

Don't sweat it. It's going to take a while before you notice it. Weigh yourself once every 5 days in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Write down what you weight.

That's how progress is measured. If after a month that number hasn't gone down, it's time to reassess your diet and exercise regimen.

Too much, you're in starvation mode. Take it easy. Cardio for no more than 30 min at a time, 3 times a week tops. More walks. Eat 1900-2000 calories.

you should always always always use a tailors tape and measure your chest waist and hips weekly as well. Weight never gives you the full picture.

a shit ton of broscience but probably right, at your height and weight going under 1900-2000 cals with high activity is too much cycle calories, you can 1500 if you want but only in offdays, cardio is ok even on lift days as it'll help with soreness, but you have to up your cals a bit I'd only advice to not go under 1500 for males and 1400 for females since females get a shitload of hormonal symptoms if they go full tard and try to go below 1400 and gl with having strength for a decent workout @1500 if you're a male

>1 - BP65L.jpg
post a link to the album my nigga

go on then, try to shoot me, dad

>that handguard
>that "rail" on top of the carryhandle

What the fuck? I don't even know what to think...

imgur.com/a/VLRuw

>could it be newb gainz that are keeping it up maybe
noob gains is a relatively faster increase in muscle mass. changes in your total weight are not relevant.

So just keep doing what I'm doing?

>starvation mode
FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F

if you want to lose weight and you're not losing weight, no, you should change things. if you're chubby I would say focus on losing the fat first.

so like 1500 a day?
I lost 50lb last year eating 1200 but I wasnt working out.

probably

Is there no such thing as starvation mode?

not this guy but no, not really.

are you absolutely sure you are actually eating the calories you think you are? counting shit like... ketchup and condiments, every little pinch of cheese you sneak while you cook, all that little stuff.

i had a buddy that SWORE up and down he was at 1700cal/day wasnt loosing anything. After sleuthing I discovered he thought his individually packaged snack cakes were "3 servings per package" and what he thought was 100/cake was really 3. and he was eating two. He was also doing a similar thing with some little frozen breakfast sandiches he liked.

- cut out liquid sugars
- are you leaving something else out?
- fat and calories from oils and butter?

this. Dont think mindless snacking doesnt add up, either. A bite or two here and there will add up real quickly. That's how people who work in restaurants get fat before they know it.
"Oh I barely eat how am I gaining weight? I just take a nibble here and there."- My old boss

Rolling for 1-4 and 7-8