Does African history know a bigger badass?

Does African history know a bigger badass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3KEhWTnWvE
youtube.com/watch?v=0bC0zPngc4c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The guy from equatorial Guinea that had his entire ministry of finance executed in the sports arena while playing "Those were the days"?
Like there is so many sick cunts when it comes to Africa.

forgot pic.
I mean massmurder your own administration is pretty sick already, but playing this youtube.com/watch?v=y3KEhWTnWvE ? Scares the living shit outa me.

Hannibal

Obligatory meme

Peak KARA BOĞA

Neall Ellis
>pic related

Jesus, pretty crazy stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=0bC0zPngc4c

That meme and combined with that event makes me happy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

Don't forget that his soldiers were dressed in Santa Claus outfits

Yes

The absolute madman

Mike Hoare.
Fucking Seychelles customs agents ruined everything

He was the only general I've heard of that would fight with his soldiers then just hide behind the front lines

If only he won.

He wasn't African.

yfw Savimbi lived until two thousand and fucking two. What the fuck?

>tfw you will never be this Savimboo

And Idi Amin died in 2003.

ebin

yeah...most of this is an embellishment at best.

Nguema wasn't badass, he was just a psycho.

Why isn't there more videogames about post-colonial Africa? /k/ makes the place sound like a military wonderland yet the only games set there are Black Hawk Down and that one Far Cry. And it would be portraying actual African history instead of just hamfisting black kangz into Europe and the Middle East.

What is the true size of this benis?

Black Ops II has a mission in Angola where Savimbi personally shows up. Metal Gear Solid V is also heavily set in Angola during the 80s

Probably because it's a touchy real world subject despite being really cool. The second you show any white forces gunning down any Africans, you're getting the RE5 treatment, and you'd be accused of making light of other people's suffering unless you made it super serious and set it in a fictitious place like This War of Mine.

Also, most people just see sub-saharan Africa as nothing but mudhuts and genocide, so you'd have to sell it to a population whose history consist of the American Civil War and WWII.

There was an oldish image about game development that mentioned the average American only knew/cared about six times in history.

Its possible to make a critically acclaimed piece of art set in this time, just make it black on black, a-la Beasts of No Nation.

>ywn be this badass

Because postcolonial Africa is still a touchy subject politically, and people in the West are generally uncomfortable with depictions of African wars as anything more than humanitarian crises.

Making it all worse is that there's very little documentation of any of the "native" sides of the conflict, and the most well known conflicts - the Biafra War, Congo Crisis, and South African Border War - tend to have the focus of any documentation on only the whites involved. For example, the book on the Battle of Cuito Cuanavale I have would always take care to humanize every single SADF casualty (and often the Russian and Cuban ones as well), often going as far as naming the soldiers killed and giving a brief life story. But in those same engagements where a single SADF soldier would be killed or crippled, literally hundreds of MPLA and UNITA soldiers would be killed, and they were lucky to receive a passing mention of their collective suffering. Such a focus would be (rightfully) heavily criticized in today's media, but with little documentation of the nonwhite powers involved, it's hard to do anything but focus on the whites.

And then there's the fact that African conflicts tend to be incredibly convoluted clusterfucks that are hard to understand. It's a hell of a lot easier to just have a game about killing Nazis or Russians or whoever the flavor of the month bad guy is than to try to depict a complicated conflict that likely has no "true" good guy.