7 MINUTES STRAIGHT OF PULLUPS

7 MINUTES STRAIGHT OF PULLUPS

youtu.be/VQyTWhnHsGw

Even if you dont agree with all of crossfit's methodology, you can't deny how badass this is. Could you do it Veeky Forums?

These are some awe inspiring athletes

Other urls found in this thread:

50pullups.com
youtu.be/boLl8rGhJvE
youtube.com/watch?v=vlpV-juw4pg
instagram.com/p/BHSubc5gjx8/
instagram.com/p/BGsHjWTGhT1/
instagram.com/p/BH23zuCgKaE/
instagram.com/p/BITMY9KAh8P/
instagram.com/p/BH-qo3Rg1On/
instagram.com/p/rTfI3gh5Gy/
youtube.com/watch?v=2q8KMnWUsvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that is fucking moronic
why do they do this
what the fuck do they gain from doing this

Homosexuallllllll

>implying that those are real pull ups

Stamina, wings, performance , shit that matters ya know?

Ive met guys like you before. Always looking for the easy way out. In battle youd never be the type to lay yourself down on the barbed wire so your men can get across it.

Yeah, maybe this whole fitness thing isnt for you

>

but that wasn't 7 minutes, each one of them took breaks

Yeah uh, there's lots of better tools for defeating barbed wire... and kipping pull ups aren't pull ups.

Guy did 7 minutes of (pretty impressive, regardless) athletic flailing.

These are not pull ups.

You my friend, are so edgy.

Alright Veeky Forums, how many pullups can you do in one go? We're talking real, deadhang pullups. None of this CrossShit.

only two minutes straight

i can currently do 12

I'm not surprised Veeky Forums has no clue what "straight" means.

>In battle

>stamina
why not do real pull ups
>wings
why not do real pull ups
>performance
why not do real pull ups

>7 MINUTES STRAIGHT
>They all take a break within the first minute

How is this allowed?

I want to do that. Looks fun desu

The ring muscle up is one of the best exercise when done strictly. If done correctly you will feel it in all your pulling and pushing muscles in your upoer body.
Crossfit somehow fucked it up though.

I'll only be impressed if he can jerk me off with his lats alone

You can do it !! I believe in you!
50pullups.com

fun fact: neither Dan Bailey nor Brooke Ence qualified for the CrossFit Games this year.

Also, OP you are a shithead; the video clearly says muscle-ups, a different movement than what you edgelords are arguing about

pic unrelated

I didnt even count one muscle up. If you swing and kip like that the exercise is almost effortless.

In what situation would this ever be necessary? Just step over the fucking barbed wire you dummy.

Why not just do weighed pull ups with good form? Will get you all of that

Cause some people just want to flail around like ballsacks on a trampoline.
Who are we to stomp on their dreams?

A kipping muscle up is the equivalent of this shit.
Completely takes the benefit of "resistance" out of a strength building exercise.

neck yourself my man. people who think doing 7 minutes of vertical worm is like training for battle are absolute dropkicks.

I get so fucking sick of hearing everyone say 'they're not doing it right' or 'those aren't real pullups'. Like I don't give a shit about crossfit but it's just such a stupid thing to say. No, they aren't doing strict pullups. They're doing a variation called kipping pullups, it's a different exercise. It's like the difference between a strict overhead press and a split jerk. In one you try to isolate only the muscles in the upper body, in the other you use the whole body to generate force. It's fine if you don't want to do them, but it's also fine if someone else wants to do them.

Behold what perfection and mastery of the muscle up should look like

Thanks for the cringe

nah bro kipping muscle push ups confuse ur muscles into working becase their working so ur confusing confused muscles so there really confused bro so i u do 7 minutes of them then ur muscles go silly and everyone nos that muscle is dumb so u get more of it

Underrated

This is a retarded as fuck analogy mate.

For one, kipping pull ups in their own right do not produce progression. Progression for jerks if any variety can be programmed linearly. There is literally 0 benefit to doing kipping pull ups vs real pull ups.

I'm just gonna ignore the rest of the stupidity

that was legitimately beautiful

>kipping
>on rings no less
into the trash it goes

>Yesterday I could do 20 kipping pullups
>Today I can do 25 kipping pullups
Prrrrrrrrogression

Not it's not like that difference

A strict press is all about using only the strength of your shoulders/triceps, some chest, etc to push weight overhead.
>A strength exercise

A split jerk or squat jerk is all about using your entire body to to generate force to push as much weight as you can overhead. The initial power comes from driving through powerful legs and pressing through with the shoulders and triceps to catch it at the top completing the lift by standing up with your legs.
>A strength exercise.

A strict pull up is all about using only the strength of your biceps, lats, etc to pull your body weight upwards.
>A strength exercise

A kipping pull up comes from swinging your body like a whip to generate momentum so you can pull yourself upwards easier. It turns a strength exercise into an easier progression for beginner or for people who can do pull ups easily reduces the exercise to an endurance exercise. It's completely different,
You'd get the same kind of workout if you got a resistance band and did pull ups or muscle ups with that for reps. It barely improves your physical strength and hardly improves your endurance. You'd be better off increasing your strength and just going for a run. Kipping is for beginners to use as a progression to build strength.

don't forget the longer you kip the higher probability to fuck up joints. Theres a reason why rhabdo is correlated with crossfit

Can someone post that gif when they're doing "pullups" and the counter keeps refreshing the 0

hahaha it's perfect!!

Post video of you doing this for 7 minutes then. Dont worry ill wait

this is why everybody laughs at crossfit. it's literally do tons of roids and fuck around in the gym: the sport

Yeah and all of them have better bodies than you do.

Hmm really makes you think...

If a Zimbabwean takes 8th place in a foot race by sitting down backwards and scratching his asshole on the track, we're allowed to critique his form, even if he can backwards asshole scratch WAY better than we'd ever be able to.

holy fuck, thanks user

I needed that for a laugh

A split jerk is a power exercise. Kipping pullups are a power exercise. Konstantin Konstantinovs does nothing but kipping pullups, and he is strong enough to fuck your mom.
youtu.be/boLl8rGhJvE

They're a bunch of retards, but when you're on that much gear and you do things that push your body and you eat well, you will grow, and look great.

Their way is unoptimized and even dangerous, but it does still work in that respect.

Then again a trash diet and casual pokemon go will put you ahead of the pack on huge amounts of roids

Wow, you can see my body even though I haven't posted a pic? Crossfit apparently give you clairvoyance, too.

KK is also my height and makes my swole ass look like Skeletor.

Mechanically, as you grow longer, pull-ups get exponentially harder. KK is long.

>You'd get the same kind of workout if you got a resistance band and did pull ups or muscle ups with that for reps
So you have never tried kipping pullups and decided to write them off entirely because Veeky Forums told you to. Had you actually tried them, you'd know that no, you wouldn't get the same kind of workout. Kip-ups are very taxing on your abs, all that momentum isn't coming from nowhere.

>Mechanically, as you grow longer, pull-ups get exponentially harder.
Justify this.

Levers grow longer, angle stays approximately the same, weight scales as a square of height (roughly).

Same general muscle at the same angle pulling more bodyweight, all else being equal

>win Cossfit games
>receive gun
>kill self

blame mechanics

Its called a body breach and it is an actual TTP

Youre correct. And in that instance I would then be asking you to post a video of you doing as the zimbabweans do. In other words, im still waiting

>Levers grow longer
Not generally, unless you have unusually short (high? idk what adjective to use here, closer to the fulcrum) muscle insertions
>Weight scales as square of height
>pulling more bodyweight
So what you meant to say was heavier

Yes, taller people are, all other things being equal, pulling a heavier weight over a longer distance, this is harder.

Our absolute strength is far past that of a manlet, the manlets relative strength is far past ours. Guess which one is more beneficial to manipulating your bodyweight gracefully and fluidly? At odd or disadvantaged angles?

This.
This one.

top kek my friend

It's just an odd way of saying that. Rather than saying pullups are harder for taller people because they're heavy, it would be more direct to just say that pullups are harder for heavier people.

heh

Heavy people that are heavy because they worked for the muscle made a choice. Fat people made a choice. Giants did not choose it.

And lever length amplifies the issues caused by additional weight, and that's pretty much tall- exclusive.

10/10

"power" just means being able to generate a lot of force which is what strength is.

Equating the power of a jerk to the power of a pipping pull up is laughable

Oleksiy Torokhtiy jerking 255kg
youtube.com/watch?v=vlpV-juw4pg
>le crossfit games
As if him doing this at the crossfit games says anything about crossfit other than a pr stunt by crossfit. Dude won gold in the mens 105kg at the 2012 olympics. Crossfit training had no part in it.

This is the power of a real pull up.
instagram.com/p/BHSubc5gjx8/
95kgx1
instagram.com/p/BGsHjWTGhT1/
+95kg x5
instagram.com/p/BH23zuCgKaE/
105x3
instagram.com/p/BITMY9KAh8P/
110x1
instagram.com/p/BH-qo3Rg1On/

guessing the guy with the rogue shirt goes to the gym regularly with a decent routine and goes to the crossfit gym on his free time like posting on Veeky Forums, the chick roided from day 1 and touched her upperbody once and follows crossfit meme cleans thats why she has shit legs, and the guy with the crossfit shirt done crossfit for 3 years and still looks the same

>*grips katana*
>"You want to repeat that to me..."
>I angle my face so that the brim of my limited edition felted fedora covers my eyes, and grin
>"...kid?"

Then do dragon flags or hanging leg raises. Add ankle weights. Do l-sit pull ups. You're abs you be activated when doing pull ups anyway to keep a straight body line with feet slightly in front of you. There are better ways to train abs than kipping pull ups.
instagram.com/p/rTfI3gh5Gy/

Can confirm L pullups are goat for corework

I saw the Cross fit movie on Netflix, believe it was called fittest man on earth.

It looked pretty cool and some great bods, but I guess its what you can imagine from the best within what they do and roided up.

The circuit part looks pretty fun, was thinking about combining it with my powerlifting calling it POWERCROSS FIT. Whereas I would run around in the gym supersetting the bench,deadlift and squat and I'd have to do muscle-ups at every horizontal hanging bar I come across.

because they are doing way more work and using way more of the body than you would with strict form also this video is much more fun to watch

Let me count those reps for you
>0
>0
>0
>0
>0

cant tell if sarcasm or autism
either way, had a good laugh

7 min straight of flappy fish swings

excellent flappy form

This lmao.
Fucking crossfitters

>mfw no one gets it

>7 minutes to do ~60, ~40 and ~20 half dips

Wow so impressive. I remember when I used to spend 20 minutes at a time swinging on the monkey bars in primary school. I can't believe I was a pro athlete at 7 years old and didn't even know it

>Wearing a ceramic plate carrier
>Thinking it's difficult at all to let the ceramic plate take all of the burden of laying on barbed wire
Real impressive guys
Guess it takes a real man to use safety equipment "properly"

Just goes to show that Crossfitters do lots of strict work, IG dude was in the regionals.

Crossfit standards are changing, which is good, they're going more towards strict work now (Regional Nate Event for example which involved 40 strict muscle ups)

Hope they do the same thing about the ring HSPUs because that was just ridiculous.

>In battle

you forgot rekt shoulders

Wow, they managed to do 0 muscle ups in 7 minutes… Pretty coold I guess.

Except I can do 35 cross-fit fuckups easily but can only do about 12 strict pull ups

If they're two different exercises than maybe the fuckers should stop calling their kips "pull-ups".

Kips aren't even a strength building exercise: they're literally cardio.

I know what you mean user. I know that type but I don't know the word for it. Unfortunately it looks like people don't understand the archetypal example you gave. It's not that you were trying to be edgy. The word battle just triggered the others autism

youtube.com/watch?v=2q8KMnWUsvg
Full.

You're all retarded, the guy is making a capeshit reference

Not everything is b8

>that form
When are they gonna start doing pullups exactly?

the only thing wrong with this that it they took brakes and called it muscles ups instead of kipping muscle ups

That makes it even more cringe-worthy.

Somebody kill dave castro already he is literally everthing that is wrong with the world

What does fucking up your joints have to do with rhabdo...

what are the chances she's not roiding?

And they are kipping. Kipping involves lots of momentum, taking away the point of the exercise. They do zero strict ones.

And...
>pull-up
They're doing muscle-ups.

OP fails big time.