PPLxPPL versus PPLxULx

PPLxPPL versus PPLxULx

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB6EHn4H5LY
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heavy PPL x Lighter PPL

FxFxFxx

For natties

i mean ppl i just chest/tris/shoulders. back/biceps, legs, so you can just decide if you want that 6th day or not if you think you can handle it

why lighter?

heavy PPL heavy PPL X repeat for the win

>squatting 300+ pounds twice a week

Who needs a fully functioning CNS anyways

Fullbody for life.

3x week as novice
4x as intermediate
5-6x as advanced.

Menno henselmans be praised

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB6EHn4H5LY

but what if I hate only lifting 3 times a week, user?

Tell me more user

SS have you squatting that and more 3 times a week user, stop being a little bitch

Strength AND Hypertrophy.
All in one week.
I've seen good results from it.

If you want aesthetics pplx is best, but if you care more about strength then pplxul for sure

Fucking mirin body senpai

How to Pic related chest?

Kek
Dyel

what is the U?

no lol what does it stand for?

>Doing SS when squatting almost 3pl8

Literally what the fuck is wrong with you obese retards.

>he couldn't get to 315 on linear progression alone
top fucking kek m8, why should anyone listen to what such a dyelfag like you have to say about lifting anyway

>doing ss to 300lbs

yndtp faggot

wat, why should you hop off the gains train just because you reach some shitty arbitrary number?
if it aint broke dont fix it, idiot

then I think you need to get some new hobbies, user

Because your relative decreases if you try to push through linear progression plateaus by eating more calories.

More importantly, it takes longer to get lean and not look like shit.

>inb4 you increased your squat by 5lbs/session from 1pl8 to 3pl8 and the entire time you maintained a bodyweight of 165lbs and ended up at sub 15% bf

I don't believe you.

Relative strength*

Upper as in upper body

The vast majority of people will find it extremely hard to progress on SS past the 3 plate mark, because the weight becomes so heavy that it's not possible to adequately recover anymore. That's why Rippetoe invented The Texas Method, when you become intermediate, you need to vary volume and intensity through the week, otherwise you won't progress.

>relative strenght
>getting lean
nigger what the fuck are you talking about, this SS talk started because of some retard implying you would fry your CNS if you squatted lmao3plate twice a week, which is obviously not true

>the vast majority of people will find it extremely hard to progress on SS
not if they are doing GOMAD

Actually, I replied to some dyel who thinks it's reasonable to still be doing SS when you're squatting 3 plates in a bodybuilding thread. You can squat 315 6 times a week and not fry your cns if you're strong enough. Just look at how oly lifters train.

Only a dyel who's new enough to believe Veeky Forums memes would say something as retarded as "HURR SS HAS U SQUATTING 3 PLATES 3 TIMES PER WEEK".

GOMAD doesn't increase how well your CNS recovers, it just increases how much you weigh, which reduces the amount of work your CNS has to do by increasing your pure muscle mass.

>>the vast majority of people will find it extremely hard to progress on SS
>not if they are doing GOMAD
Why did you cut out the part where I said "beyond 3 plates", are you retarded, dishonest or baiting?

>it's not reasonable to still be doing SS when you're squatting 3 plates
it depends on the person, 315 is not some number set in stone where once reach it you magically become an intermediate lifter that needs to add periodization to his routine or wont progress no matter what

>Why did you cut out the part where I said "beyond 3 plates"
because if you can get to 315 without it being 'extremely hard' you most likely also can get to 320 and 325 without it being 'extremely hard', and those numbers are already "beyond 3 plates"
again, there is no magic number where once you reach it the difficulty increase tenfold on your lifts and required programming

if plates weighted 5 less lbs you would be making the same argument for 285 lbs and it would be equally retarded, stop being so autistic about some arbitrary number

I have a PPLxULx routine that has a decent amount of variety and extremely good balance on every body-part trained. Anyone interested?

These are the total Reps per week

>57 reps for chest
>57 reps for shoulders
>64 reps for back
>64 reps for traps
>62 reps for biceps
>62 reps for triceps
>71 reps for glutes and hamstrings
>61 reps for quads
>64 reps for calves

Reply to this if you want me to post the routine.

>300 lbs will fry your cns
Come on mate

>Reply to this if you want me to post the routine.

Sure why not

i wish he would take off that stupid anonymous mask

fat 'powerlifter' with a 4in ROM detected

bane?

what if no access to a gym on the weekends.

Here goes.

Monday (Push)
>5x5 - Flat Bench Press
>4x8 - Push Press
>4x8 - Over Head Tricep Extenstion
>3x15 - DB Side Lateral Raises

Tuesday (Pull)
>5x5 - Weighted Chin-Ups (4x8* if no access to weighted)
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Straight Barbell Curls
>3x15 - DB Rear Flies

Wednesday (Legs)
>5x5 - Back Squat
>4x8 - Sumo Deadlifts
>4x8 - Calf Raises (any variation)

Friday (Upper)
>5x5 - Strict Press
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Incline Bench Press (BB or DB, your choice)
>4x8* - Chin-ups or Barbell Rows (you decide)
>3x10 - DB Hammer Curls
>3x10 - Over Head Tricep Extensions

Saturday (Lower)
>5x3 - Conventional Deadlift
>6x6 - Front Squats
>3x10 - Stiff-leg Deadlifts (or Leg Curls if you're too tired)
>4x8 - Calf Raises (any variation)

Did both and there is no big difference. Do whats easier for you going extra one day to gym or have one day longer session.

Personally I preffer upper/ lower X PPL.

do you do any warmup sets before bench? or do you do you first set with the same weight as your last set?

One of the better routines I've seen posted around here. Looks fun, might test it out myself after I finish my current training block. Peaking for a PLing meet in 4 weeks, going to do some BBing style training after that.

What to replace barbell shrugs with in this routine if my traps are already naturally big enough?

Push legs off pull legs off off

Standard warmup procedure. Don't just go straight into your working set on the first exercise.

On Monday (push) do a few warm up sets before doing your 5x5 flat bench. The Push Press after that is only 4x8 so you should be able to go straight into your working sets for that since 8 rep sets of push press will feel relatively light compared to the 5x5 bench you just did.

>fallen for the low volume meme
2 exercises for chest in a whole week? do you even?

why not just do few isolations at the end of workout if you want more volume?

Aint you the guy that posted last night with the front pic and was complaining about how shit you looked?

4 years training, and everyone said you need to cut.

PHUL.

My chest is 50 inches and I have 30 inch waist and that's exactly what I do. Haven't done a chest fly for years. Your probably a skele who does 5 different types of bench press on 1 day and still had a bird chest.

GOAT tier routine. Def one of my favs.

>Push day
>Side lateral raises

Stop nitpicking faggot. Since rear flies are on pull day as a finishing movement it only makes sense to have side laterals as a finisher in push day to compliment the push presses.

Anyway side laterals are arguable a pushing movement if you think about it.

>Haven't done a chest fly for years
Me neither. Still feels extremely low volume. My chest just would never feel completely exhausted by this. Atleast the very least add some dips to fuck that mofo up

Is this a good routine? I might switch to this. Anyone got any result pics?

DYEL detected.

You can have dips, but you will need to add extra sets of Chins to balance it out.

You open up Pandora's box that way. If you feel your chest needs more feel free to add something extra, but be aware of taking your pushing reps higher than your pulling reps.

It has 60-70 reps per body part, with a 2x training frequency, with a nice amount of variety, it is a solid routine for lifters of all stages.

so what just 2x10 of whatever isolation after compounds on top of the routine?

Can we get some experts opinion on a routine like this. I've never seen 5x3 deadlifts or 6x6 front squats, am I being memed?

>Push Press
why push press instead of ohp?

Do I really have to sumo diddylift instead of conventional? Does it make such a big difference?

Sure, the routine had a lot of wiggle room. Don't go adding 3-4+ extra exercises though. Limit it to 1-2 at max, and those should be EASY isolations, nothing that will fuck your other days up from doing too mug earlier in the week.

Better carry over to general athletics, causes more overload on the muscles and allows you to get some cheeky quad activation in as well.

Skinny piece of shit detected

Successfully completed Smolov and Smolov jr for bench at the same time. Squatted 4 times a week, benched 4 times a week.

Added 90 pounds to my squat in 13 weeks and 40 to my bench in 4

You do OHP on the Upper day (Friday)

Push Press on the Push day on Monday after Flat Bench is because Push Presses have their own benefits to overall lifting performance that OHP doesn't give, plus you still perform a moderately heavy weight at 4x8, also nice for variety, carries over to all other pushing movements for explosiveness.

You then focus on OHP strict pressing on the Friday as the first lift of the day.

Sumo deadlift 4x8 - Wednesday

Conventional deadlift 5x3 - Saturday
(As well as 3x10 stiff leg deadlifts)

This is because you get benefits of all 3 styles of deadlifts, best for overall aesthetics, muscular development. All 3 lifts carry over to each other very much so.

>lmao no chest
>less pulling than pushing
>those exercise selections

If you're interested in an actually decent high volume routine then just do that reddit ppl.

Interessting, might try this in my next training-period. You don't happen to have a pplxppl routine similar to this one?

Should I do this routine or candito's Strength/hypertrophy routine if I want both Strength and muscle mass?

I do that routine and my chest hasn't had any trouble growing with just flat bench and incline bench. (Op pic is my chest)

Also, there's more pulling than pushing, l2count.

>Reddit PPL

you mean this one?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Forgot the link

yes
despite r/fitness being a pool of dyel, this routine is actually good, including the progression scheme

Sorry for being a noob
What do P, L, and U stand for?

P = push and pull
L = legs
U=upper
L also = lower

Push, Pull, Legs Upper, Lower

what's the difference between reps x sets on your heavy vs. light days?

What's Veeky Forums opinion on 5/3/1 with added accessories?

I'm a newfag on this board what does all this PPLx and shit mean?

Ignore my first post

Push
Pull
Legs
x = rest

HOW BIG IS HIS DICK??? WTF???!!!

>not doing legs every day

I modified Texas Method from 3 days into 5 days.

I basically moved the squat portion of the program from Monday and Friday to Tuesday and Saturday, and added in some extra rowing and leg work on squat days.

It's chill.

>Spot the dyel

While you're busy doing 4-8 variations of literally the same movement, this user is progressively increasing his bench each week. Do YOU even?

Personally I prefer

ULxULxx

For anyone interested I have a;
120kg x1 bench
150kg 3x3 squat
200kg 3x3 diddly

5'7 @ 78kg

What routine?

Just rate my shit up senpai

Pull:
Pullups (4xF)
Pendlay Row (5x5)
Bent Over Row (4x8)
Barbell shrugs (4x8)
Curls (4x8)

Push:
OHP (5x5)
Flat Bench (5x5)
Incline Bench (3x5)
Side Raises (3x10)

Legs:
Deadlifts (3x5)
Back Squat (5x5)
Stiff leg deadlifts (3x10)
Front squat (4x8)

PPL Heavy x PPL Light (reps change accordingly for main lifts, accessories stay the same weight)
Alternate between maxing Bench/OHP Deadlift/Squat each heavy cycle

Sure, if you're a novice. PPL and UL are better for intermediates

been running this for about 8 months, really comfy. sometimes i sneak some cheeky ab work at the end of legs if i have extra time.
stats:
>5'9 165lbs
>squat 295x5
>bench 215x5
>dead 345x5
>ohp 135x4

looks p good i'd reduce deadlift volume unless you go light

pic and program

how do you progress? do you hit for example bench 100kg for 5x5 then add weight? block?

what are the best routines posted here?

x5 - Strict Press
x8 - Barbell Shrugs
x8 - Incline Bench Press (BB or DB, your choice)
x8* - Chin-ups or Barbell Rows (you decide)
x10 - DB Hammer Curls
x10 - Over Head Tricep Extensions

Why bench and do press on same day?

It's fine if you alternate maxing, nothing wrong with that.

Anyone have any opinions on PHAT?

simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Looks really superfluous

hows this one? Ive been following a modified version of it over the summer and have seen pretty good results