Why even bench press?

I was wondering why is bench so highly regarded as the best pressing exercise you can do.
Is ohp a greater test of strength/ more v taper oriented.

Other urls found in this thread:

flexonline.com/training/chest/dorian-yates-expert-advice-building-huge-chest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.
Stop trying to go against what works and has been working for years.

This guy agrees with you

Do oly lifers and pre-classical bodybuilding have bench central to their training
>inb4 not being advanced
I will want to get good bench just rather a strong ohp and body to match

But I am taking all kinds of meat to the face
>all kinds

Yes. Stop being a fucking retard. Are you an olympic lifter? Do you perform olympic lifts? Are you a "pre-classical" bodybuilder?
Do you even fucking lift dude?

No I have been running power lifting programs for the past 2 years

Oly lifters don't bench they usually only do weighted dips

Oh okay. Yeah you should never so bench press again. Its an outdated exercise

dorian yates recommends dropping flat bench
flexonline.com/training/chest/dorian-yates-expert-advice-building-huge-chest
I started following his method and my chest looks way better

Because it's in the NFL combine tests and pushing a guy is the first thing you do after you get in some guy's face.

That's literally it. Also, its in the Special Olympics.

desu m8 bench with bad form can put your shoulders at risk, is not the best exercise for developing pressing strength, nor is it the best exercise for developing chest. a lot of people are cutting bench. if you want to bench you should do that, i do because i enjoy it, but avoid roasting someone for asking questions when you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

Is this possible naturally?

no he's vegan

OHP is too difficult to judge form, which is why Clean and Press was removed from the Olympics.

So your saying if i become vegan i can look as good as this guy? Wow why would any one ever eat meat.

>oly lifter
>benching
Dyel?
Benching is horrible for the flexibility required for lifts such as snatch.

I dropped flat bench a few years ago myself. If you're a lanklet like me, then you are gonna need an uber wide grip which just isn't possible on a regular bench without pinching your pinkies on the hooks.

Cables are my main mass builder for chest and it works great. I only use decline benches for OHP these days.

Op here, I don't want to remove bench from my program I just want to fing out if it is appropriate to shift the focus into the press.
I shall still be benching with close grip and incline.
I feel like powerlifting programing has become infected with bro science like the rest of the fitness industry and I don't want it to happen to Veeky Forums.

Is shoulder and triceps strength more important than chest strength in that regard as chest works to bring your arms towards each other and only involved in pushing at specific angles

Anyone still lurking

does OHP build your chest?

Sorta, not to be relied apon though

It's a lift that allows you to move big weights, and that makes you strong

DORIAN YATES IS ON STEROIDS
R U ON STEROIDS?

>yES
FOLLOW ADVICE IF URE A CUNT
>nO
DONT FOLLOW ADVICE URE NOT ON ROIDS