Tfw shit dad

>tfw shit dad

My dad liked gardening, distance running, eating twice a day and paying hockey. Literally biggest faggot i don't know how he is even still alive. Everything he did was to the detriment of me being a man. Glad i got the fuck out of there.

My dad likes working and forcing me to do work and then scolding me for not finding satisfaction and meaning in said meaningless work.

Why did you love alcohol and gambling more than me dad. Hope you will rot in hell

>dad never signed me up to any sports
>all those memories I could have had are now non-existent

>tfw dead dad

My father only came once a week, left me live with an asocial, anorexic mother who barely fed me, and still expected me to succeed in life. Just.
Who crazy single mother here??

Hard work will set you free

Are you me?

>dad is athletic and in better shape that most people in the gym even now at 39
>has a new good looking gf every year and shagged 2 girls my age (that I know about), one of whom I had a crush on
>has never wanted anything to do with me other than seeing me once a week when I was a toddler

At least he passed on his physicality to me, squatted 4pl8 high bar ATG without any equipment in under 2 years.

>be me at 18
>bicycle gets a puncture
>borrow dad's bike for the day
>get home and he's real mad
>tell him I'll fix mine as soon as I have time to learn how to do it from a YouTube video
>he sneers at me 'what kind of lad your age can't fix a bloody puncture?'
>'Yes,' I reply sarcastically. 'If only I had some kind of male role model who could teach me how to do things like that.'
>His face goes white.
>No reply
>Turn 360 degrees and walk away
>Victory is bittersweet because I still have a rubbish father who'd rather mock me for lack of practical skills than actually help me

>39

my dad was 41 when i was born. i fucking hate that he's so old.

>be me at 24
>regret cold distant relationship with parents
>my dad plays squash twice a week
>I buy a squash racket, force my friends to practise with me
>play squash a lot, trying to get good, even buy expensive trainers
>do this for weeks until I'm sure I'm good enough to give him a decent game
>text him; 'hey dad, how's things? I've been getting into squash recently, been playing quite a bit. Wondered if you fancied a game next Tuesday? Could be fun.'
>Smile thinking of all the bonding we're going to do
>Reply comes in; 'No thanks.'
>'Oh is Tuesday not good for you?'
>'No it's not that. Just no thanks.'
>tfw.jpg

Bonus

>A month later family dinner at parents house
>Dad is joking around with sisters boyfriend about all the squash games they've been playing
>conceal don't feel
>conceal don't feel

This is what I was conditioned to belive. My own desires experiences don't however follow those lines, so it has resulted in this intrenal turmoil. I hate myself for not beliving that is what I'm trying to say.

However I can see the trajectory, I will be a dissappointment to myself untill I find something that I really want to do and after that I don't have any other choice than to keep repeating
>hard work will set me free

Yes I am.

>get beaten with a stick and punched in the face, wouldn't let me go to school with the bruises
>couldn't have to privacy whatsoever, mum would make me leave my door open and check my room
>on halloween I was out with a group of peers, mum drove across the park beeping her horn screaming at me to go home
>would drag me around clothes shops for hours at a time 4-5 days a week
>got herself in debt from buying an audi, a horse and other expensive things
>regularly gets in physical fights down the pub, I hear about it through school friends
>I worked as a paperboy and she took all my earnings as ''rent'' and said I should be grateful I have a roof over my head
>dumped me in a woods to try abandon me when I was like 5/6, uncle had to look after me for some time

Loads of other shit happened between me and her, completely cut all contact. Shit's looking up though brehs.

>not playing sports in the schoolyard
>not finding out which ones you like
>not asking your parents to sign you up to the local club

Dont blame others mate

Stop concealing and just tell him you regret the past and you want to play squash with your father before one of you fucking dies in this cruel world.

>chubby and socially inept
>start freshman year late
>okay user you have 4 choices for your 2 electives
>basketball fundamentals and weight class
>or choir and theatre
>pick choir and theatre and drop out of high school 3 years later
I really fucking regret that one set of my insecurities trumped another set.

>not liking sports and games
>still foced to play them, because all the normal kids in my neighborhood played them
>get bullied, because my coordination is so shit I cannot kick a fucking soccerball
>still forced to go to these things for years while making zero progress and putting zero effort to any of these
>all of my peers thought I was just lazy and stupid and even the coatches didn't like me because I was more work than they signed up for
>proceed to go to highschool with all of the kids I destroyed any chanses being friends with in early adolecence

The deafult assumption at that point was that there was something wrong with me and no one really wanted to have anything to do with me.

I was just a fucking nerd who was forced on trying to get along with jocks while rocking my supreme gentlemen fedora tipping attitude that my grandmother raised me with.

My dad is awesome, fuck all of you beta fags that blame your own shortcomings on your fathers 2bh

>have Asian dad
>grow up thinking he's gonna be the typical overbearing Asian dad
>turn 12
>tells me to drink, do drugs, fuck hoes
>literally tells me "you only live once"
>explains that Asian culture is a big meme that kills way too many Asian men through overwork
>mom on the other hand is a super conservative bitch
>go through alcoholism and drugs because of her overbearing on me
>decide to cut her out of my life completely
>she backtracks and regret everything

too bad I'll never fix the relationship with her because I don't want to at all and will enjoy her regretting more and more

now I am slowly recovering nicely and am grateful that my dad allowed me to see the light

Your dad sounds cool.

>>go through alcoholism and drugs because of her overbearing on me

Make more excuses, maybe your life will improve.

If you didn't make any effort, no wonder you were shit...

>everyone thought i was stupid
>all those typos
I hope youre on a phone or something bro.

already is improving, I am going to college for free in a good major while somewhat piecing my life back together slowly through determination

now I just need to get my driver's license and everything will be good

Fug

I know the feel user.

All these faggots complaining about their dad will sing a different tune when he passes.

>dads in prison for life without parole
>step dad, man who raised me, is also in prison for life without parole
>mom is in rehab
>lil bro is in juvenile
>I just wanna live

Who else here is black?

Lift*

I'll be singing when my dad dies. Singing and dancing on that cunts grave.

Fuck your dad man, he doesn't deserve any bonding. You should have confronted him right there.

I did at first untill I noticed that it wasn't for me. I conforted my parent's about it many times and all they had to say was that "well, you have to do SOMETHING, with your time and since you don't have any other plans than playing videogames etc etc."

Nothing I did was ever worth doing, and my parents also never DID anything with me together. They only had me do things or made me go places.

Could also be the fact that english is only my third language. Bear with me.

>my dad is awesome, therefore all of them are

kys retard

>alcoholic dad
>gets kicked out by mum
>has 1 shit relationship with gross bogan lady
>goes immediately into 2nd relationship with christian lady
>we become semi distant over different things and events
>stop going there on weekends
>eventually moves to back to New Zealand with christian family
>becomes weird christian with crazy chrisitian wife( ive seen her talk in tongues + other crazy shit)
>moves back tries to reconnect
>its just weird and feels forced

should i just tell him I dont care for this relationship? never even had a real conversation with him.

I have such a great dad, I feel so bad when I hear about other guys not having that privilege.

Fuck you dude. Your family probably treated you well, spent their time cooking you food and paid for your studies. You blame your problems on them for no reason.

>go through alcoholism and drugs because of her overbearing on me
Holy fucking shit kys. biggest excuse ever. Literally every Asian has an "overbearing" mother. She wanted you to work hard and get a good job but fuck her right? Grow up faggot, every Asian is on the same boat as you.

damn user that sucks

Fuck this is me every time
Anything breaks
>You should have learnt how to repair it
This has been going since I was 7-8 years old. He's never taught me anything but always acts like he has and I'm useless for not knowing

Did I hurt your feelings?

same here and I agree :,(
maybe that's where Veeky Forums gets it's frustration and anger

>Dad was Chinese rural farmer for 20 years
>had no food as a child and struggled his entire life
>became a dishwasher and later slowly moved up to head chef because he wanted to cook so his family wouldn't starve

I respect him so much, farmer gains are absolutely massive. He inspires me to push myself through life.

>tfw he is socially autistic because he is not used to modern values

Dont you mean 180 degrees?

>dad talks all the time about how much he admired some guy in his town that could play guitar
>he's a story repeater so I hear it a lot
>eventually pick up guitar
>git gud
>dam gud
>never wants to hear a song
>critiques me as I'm playing
>starts telling me the story about that same faggot while I'm trying to play
>gets up to do something else in the middle of it

Fuck

either bait or new, fuck off either way

>parents divorced when i was 1
>see my dad once every 2 weeks throughout childhood
>never taught me how to do any man things
>had to teach myself how to shave
>cant work on cars or do anything mechanical even though he does drywall
>skelly all my life
>finally as an adult put on 60lbs of muscle
>he never even says anything

Fuck you dad

> you're

No but your lack of perspective is kinda triggering, youngfag.

except for the fact that I was quite literally almost stabbed to death with a knife a few times and was kicked out multiple times by my mother until a few people intervened. I still regret not calling cps and the cops on her because I was absolutely scared back then

she also spent 20+ calling me a pathetic subhuman because I'm only half of her race and that my other half is completely inferior. you don't know what it's like to be treated as complete shit by your own mother because of something you couldnt even control

don't forget that she also literally fucked up every single friendship or gf I had by literally telling them to fuck off in person

yeah, she cooked for me, but she knew exactly I hated her ethnic food and forced me to eat it so I would be her "race"

the government paid for my college and I pay everything else off myself

and as I said, I cut her off of my life permanently and am recovering gradually.

You shouldn't be so mad at madukes breh. You made it. No need for salt.

What this thread has to do with fitness ?

My Dad used to be shit, he bullied me and nothing I ever did was good enough despite getting good grades, being in the rugby team and having interesting hobbies for a kid (film making and a pirate DVD selling business)

That all turned around when he divorced my mum, got his shit together and saw the error of his ways when I was about 18, he really came through for me the last 5 or so years.

>be 21
>have mental breakdown
>Dad immediately pays off my rent and moves me back home
>gets me literally the best doctor in the country (£350 per hour, 2 sessions per week)
>supports me completely financially and gently pushes me towards progress in m recovery
>always there to talk when I need him, will drop anything to help me when I was at my worst
>buys me a homegym when I say I want to lift
>funds me travelling around the world when I say I want to travel
>shows me love all the time, praises my recovery and tells me how proud he is of me
>shows genuine emotion when I achieve something
>financially supports me while I sort out my education, welled up when I got accepted to uni for this September

I'm 26 now and starting uni in September to study nutrition. I'm fit, healthy and been off medication for just over a year now. Without my Dad supporting me emotionally and financially over the last 5 years I can honestly say I would have killed myself. I owe him my life and my happiness and I have forgiven him for being such a shit dad when I was a child.

Psychological problems seriously affects your gains nigga.

My dad used to be fit in his teens till 30s, but he drank so much coca cola in his life that he developed diabetes. The diabetes came with a sleeping disorder.
He kept being fat till this day. He tries to improve himself, but stops when it gets hard.
My mom also has this problem, except she doesn't have diabetes but low blood pressure.

I got the same mentality from him.

On the other hand, he supports me when I go lifting or any exercise. When I do something that will improve my life, he says that I should go for it. He gives me a lot of freedom when doing stuff. He does that to make me happy.

This

>dad grew up in complete poverty with abusive parents
>he has no idea how to be normal or socially acceptable and is only with my mom because she got preg and she decided to stay
>my dad has almost no education and is extremely unknowledgable about anything but trade things

My dad is.. a piece of work. I know he cares about me but his undiagnosed mental issues and anger problems have lead me to avoid him my entire life.

Shame because I have always wanted a good son/father relationship but he is a terrible candidate.

You must be my brother

I'm a father of two boys. I had a great dad, and I try to be a great dad to my kids.

Tell me Veeky Forums, what are the things you absolutely wish your dad had done with you.

I don't want my kids to turning into snivelling little /r9k/ tfw faggots like yourselves

Actually teach them things. Teach them an appreciation for nature, life, as opposed to possessions.

Also, what would you do if one of your boys started wearing girl clothes/ make up? My girlfriend (no kids) says she would be fully supportive, but goddamn.... it would bug me. My GF is a super progressive-tryhard though, which is one of the reasons i want to break up.

>tfw dad is great and I'm a shit son

spend time with them but don't make them do anything

if you want to get your son(s) into lifting, just lead by example. don't try to force them.

>Dad tells me to drink, do drugs, fuck hoes
>Became an alcoholic and did drugs because of my overbearing mother

Mmmmm?

You have a shit dad, or you are a shit dad?

Either way, share your burden with us user.

Life Pro-tip: Don't blame others for your failure. Man the fuck up special snowflake.

He probably wasn't going to do drugs for no reason until his mom kept bugging him and being generally unpleasant to be around.

teach them regular things men should do, like how to shave, mow the lawn, shovel/snowplow, etc. don't teach them until they're a little older if you haven't already, but the worst thing about my parents being useless jerks is that I have to figure out how to do EVERYTHING myself.

>dumped me in the woods
wtf are you fucking henzel and gretel

>tfw Father was a great bro but a terrible Father
>tfw from about 7th or 8th grade onwards, he was more like an older brother who occasionally was forced to parent by his bitch of a wife
>tfw grow up
>move out, go to live with Mother
>start losing weight
>go from 350 to 200lbs
>go from fatter than him to significantly skinnier
>he kinda cuts me off completely
>never wants to do anything when I ask
>even the fucking day I graduate from fucking boot camp, he acts like it's a burden to have to drive to pick up my grandma then go back home
>I live right next to the boot camp base so it was literally a 3, 4 hour round trip for him max
>I was going to go out to eat then see the Warcraft movie with him, which would've meant a lot to me since WoW was something we had in common when I was a kid
>he leaves after dinner

I miss sitting in the basement and joking around with him.

Feels bad man.

iktfb, sorry dad

literally cucked by your own father

I'd have given him a great new story to tell: the time my son broke a guitar over my deadbeat head.

that neet rich kid

Dad left my mom
Grow up without a dad
Dad is still 24/7 working
Buys me expensive clothes, suits and dinners
Feelsgood.jpg i think

Why do you think half of us picked up lifting on the first place?

>waaaahhh my Dad pushed me as a kid
>waaaahhhhhh my Dad tried to teach me that nothing is ever good enough
>wwwwwwaaaaahhhhhh my Dad tried to make me into a sick cunt

if this is real, fucking kill yourself

if this is bait, 10/10 made me angry

If I could have made one request of my dad it would have been not to hold children to the standards of adults.

>parents have no responsibility whatsoever

I love this meme!

Thanks anons, duly noted.

The point is, you're a fucking adult. No one fucking cares about your problems, your personal demons, or your mommy/daddy issues.

The only thing they care about is how you can benefit them.

So man the fuck up and stop whining about your problems, because everyone has them.

kekd but i know someone who's in this position too

>wanted a good son/father relationship
>doesn't even try

>tfw Veeky Forums, intelligent, succesful, supportive, loving dad

>82 replies in a thread starting with ">tfw shit dad"
>No one fucking cares

i disagree

Tell me about it.

>Tfw quality dad
>tfw passed away from previously undiagnosed liver cancer last year

Is his name Ken?

I'm sorry user, don't let his good dad skills be in vain

>Turn 360 degrees and walk away

is this a new meme?

Talked to my dad over the phone for the first time in my life after not talking for about 10 months.

I told him I got a new job. He just asked me if I was making more money.

Then he talked about my mom for like 2 minutes

Then said, well I'll let you go like people do when they don't want to talk to you anymore

I hate my dad. He's also weak and fat and sad/angry all he time so fuck him

yeah it started popping up about a week ago

Actually spend time with them doing things they enjoy, have fun with them so you bond, and lead by example. And remember that your kids will change with time, and you have to know who they're currently and do the right thing based on that.

To all you guys with shitty or non-existent father figures, no one "teaches" you how to shave or mow the lawn or plow the driveway. That shit is basic. Those ads with the dad and the son standing next to each other shaving are heavily memed. In reality it's you seeing a couple hairs on your face one day and being really excited, and then two days later dad says, "shit, what are you, some kind of Puerto Rican?" And then you run to the bathroom even more excited because now you can shave.

And the two weeks later you say "this fucking blows."

That said, I'm grateful for my dad. Mom is way too overbearing.

>daddy-o knocks up mom in former USSR and leaves to the USA as soon as the iron curtain drops. I was 3
>marries woman w identical name and 3yo son in USA
>generates more offspring
>pours all resources into new offspring
>lessons in all kinds of skills, job hookups, private school
>for his part, halfbro is incredibly hardworking and talented and is awesome at everything he does
>even halo
>gets into top uni after skipping a few grades in private school
>am happy and proud of my bro
>mention to dad one day
>"you should work harder"
>th-thanks dad
>tfw only in med school while helping single mom immigrate to north america and take care of her aging parents
>huge respect for mom, strongest woman I know

I dont even fuckin understand anything you just said

Its all fucky and poorly written

>tfw parents were divorced when I was a baby
>both were massive alcoholics
>father attacks me in a drunken rage and don't see him after 6 or 7 years old
>become full on obese by the time I'm 10
>can't make friends
>get fatter and fatter until I'm 340 lbs
>mother loses job and house
>drop out of school and get crap job
>get to 350+ lbs
I'm trying to get good at life and it's hard just talking to people like a normal person, but at least I've lost something like 150 lbs so far.

i haven't seen or talked to my dad since i was 4, which was 14 years ago. He's a drug addict and has really bad schizophrenia which basically makes him inhuman (like he thinks everyone is trying to poison him, people are digging holes from outside the house into the floor of his closet to kill him in his sleep, etc etc) until you force him to take his meds and he comes back to reality.

What I remember of him when he was normal was good. He loved me a lot and would exercise with me (go on nature walks and do pushups and stuff every morning). But eventually my mom met a new guy and she took me 1000 miles away to live with them. Haven't spoke to dad since and he's like 63 now and idk if he's going to live too much longer and I'm torn between wanting to contact him and awkwardly try to have a relationship or just say fuck it and never talk to him.

i mean internet is a thing and you can find people easily on facebook and shit. Just hurts that he never payed any child support and didn't care to contact me until now.

>>has a new good looking gf every year and shagged 2 girls my age (that I know about), one of whom I had a crush on

Gotta be one of the worst feelings ever

>"pub"
>"bloody"
>"shagged"
>"£"

Is British home life shit or something?

Gardening is cool, distance running can be cool, hockey is sick. Be nicer to your dad you scumbag