TA: Real or Bullshit?

Is Veeky Forums a pro or anti-technical analysis board? I get the impression that most people on here do not use things like indicators, support lines, price action, when choosing entry and exit points for their shitcoins.

Other urls found in this thread:

oxfordstrat.com/resources/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh for fuck sake... You do a broad analysis based on market sentiment, trawl through the forums, the twitter accounts, see when it's mentioned, when google searches peak and where. So you write down where you THINK it's gonna go based on that.

THEN you look at the charts. Does it non-cognitive-bias match up with your prediction? Cool. Then take whatever action your theory proposed.

If it doesn't match up either take a chance, do further research, or sit out and watch and see whether the TA or your theory was more correct.

>most people on here do not use things like indicators, support lines, price action, when choosing entry and exit points for their shitcoins.
The only coin that has a market cap large enough to merit extensive TA is bitcoin. With bigger altcoins, TA is hit or miss. With shitcoins, it's only useful in very specific circumstances.

so you begin with some fundamental analysis and then use TA to confirm?

Yeah, but to be pedantic I wouldn't call it "Fundamental Analysis" because crypto is a very different beast to securities which have a set commodity value

I buy at the top of the green candle and sell at the bottom of the red candle.

That girl is not Hungarian.

is this guy dating his mom?

so the term "shitpost analysis" would be more apt

TA helps you confirming your feel about the market. Desdending triangles means people want to sell because the fundamentals say the coin will not get more people interested soon, while getting a good price so try to get out quicker and quicker, and will panic sell if it breaks support. If there's a good reason for that then your TA will certainly be right.

Watching 5 minutes candles with low volume don't mean shit in any way.

Bitcoin is subject to news and the feel of the market before everything else.
But since it has a lot of volume and buyers/sellers fibonnacci will appear like in everything chaotic on earth.

You are correct.

kiara mia suffering from gigavitis here. hope she starts flossing more

Works for me, too.

This is the wild west
Retard

I get the impression that most people on Veeky Forums are way more retarded than you'd think by their egos and self-diagnosed autism. Who cares if the masses use TA, if everyone did then it wouldn't work as well as it does. Smart money uses TA while dumb money continues to think it's a meme and buy bags until they get lucky

this is the only argument that makes sense to me. If everyone is buying and taking profit at the same time and at the same prices, then you can profit by roughly doing the same.

You do fundamental analysis first; don't buy some pump and dump shitcoin and pray it will go up.
What most are talking about here is sentiment analysis, where you look at shitposts and gauge what people are thinking about the coin. Next, you look at the chart and do technical analysis based on your newly-formed opinions

>the fundamentals
>in crypto
pls

best analysis still a mixture of TA, Veeky Forums analysis, littlefinger analysis (alwasy assume the worst) and normie behaviour analysis (YT FB Twitter etc)

That doesn't really make sense. For someone to sell, there must be a willing bagholder. It's a zero sum game, unless it's a coin worth hodling.

How do you do fundamentals on something like btc though? And I mean quantitatively. Best I can do is compare the market cap with cash and gold and realize this is much lower. But for link I honestly don't know where to start from. Everyone here gives lip service to fundies but I see through the bullshit, you guys are just eyeballing it.

TA isn't entirely bullshit because humans are behind everything, and there are patterns to human behaviour. With that said, you shouldn't ignore fundamentals. Don't hodl or day trade shit coins even if the TA is looking good.

the fundamentals says everything should be worth near zero

wouldnt it work better if everyone did it?

I disagree with you on that but still it's not so easy to do fundi on coins. Like, some coins you can actualle exchange for a service, how can they be worthless? But even a pure financial like btc lets you do things that you cannot do without it. It being the oldest blockchain merely allows people to trust it and recognize this value. But, is this value assessed correctly by the market? Of course we all think it's undervalued. But what would the correct price be? That's pretty hard to say. Can't be 50k just cause some drug addict said it.

I forgot this woman's name but I want to see her bobs plez

Kendra Lust

Well, if everyone buys on the squirrel and just holds, yes. But as soon as people start taking profit, bagholders will be made; most likely the ones with slow fingers and the ones who fomoed in at the ath.

Thanks user I'm gonna rub one out to her when I get home from work

any non-brainlets here use stochastic volatility models?

Just go look at trading view and see how many people are right or not and make your own decision faggot.

>another wannabe quant
here we go again

I'm just looking for something that works. I've already sunk so much time into studying TA and price action.

I found this:
oxfordstrat.com/resources/

I haven't had much time to read through it all, but at least according to these guys, most TA tools fail to turn a profit in the long-run.

>trading view
that's half a step up from Liqui hotbox.

near zero isnt zero

You wanna play this game? Come back when you have something interesting to say.

You guys are totally out-gunned. Everyone that is going to get rich, already has their system. They need plebs like you to fuck up to get their orders filled. Anything that is already known by the majority, will stop working. The prices are known as soon as they print on the screen. What you guys do have is a social advantage. You can probably predict what will happen in the next 3 days by following the social cues or finding the next big coin. But then again none of you are smart enough to keep those gains. You get addicted to day trading and lose again.