/plg/

Powerlifting general 14th sheiko edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=QsqsGr8_dlc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>making a new thread when we are still in page 1 and not even past the bump limit
why tho

>Haino
That's your answer.

>tfw too poor to have mikey t, lewis or any other coach coach me

I guess I could run a free coach's program like C6W or super salty balls

about to go lift, gotta make up some extra bench work from earlier in the weak

>or super salty balls
>baiting rude answers
thats not very nice lad

>making a new thread when we are still in page 1 and not even past the bump limit
>why tho

When certain people get BTFO, they like to spam the old thread, start a new one, and shazam: they don't look stupid anymore.

norsefat's survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

Anyone ever have shoulder problems from power lifting. I seemed to have strained my rotator cuff and scapula while working on my low bar squat. This issue has made benching impossible. Any tips to heal it up?

it's inivitable. inivitible.

RICE, shoulder prehab with bands n sheeeitt only once it's pain free

Mong?

>only look like i lift in the most retarded body positions
Fuck

Kek same. Cut 2017 yeah?

>RICE
this is ironic right

Hopefully sometime by then. Maintaining for 2 months, then cutting at a slightly less steep deficit.

>I seemed to have strained my rotator cuff and scapula

Consult a physician if it hinders your daily activity. If it is mild, then try the following:

>Light overhead pressing, if no/little pain. High reps, super light (the bar).
>Face pulls (if no/little pain), and other rotator cuff warmups/strengtheners using a resistance band.
>Do trigger point work on the rotators with a lacrosse ball.

When you come back to benching, make sure you balance your pressing with a healthy dose of pulling movements, and natural (overhead) pressing movements.

If things stay bad, you need to see the ortho/physio, though.

if he takes this advice he will destroy his shoulders

has the king returned?

Aren't you already down to sub 200? You can't possibly be fat still

>>RICE
>this is ironic right
what? why would it be ironic?

also, not using superior
>RICEN

We will be flexing like WUT?!

How's training? Low bar getting more comfy?

the person who created RICE thinks it's a meme

Fuck lads, 105kg bench feels slow, now way on earth I'll make it to 9. Fuck fuck

What the fuck does cutting do to my bench

>Can't possibly be
Well, you could think that, but you'd be wrong. 18% body fat at the moment, still don't look all that great. Better than I did though.

>those rock hard tits
well we can't all be natty

Low bar is very comfy. Just can't use it with thick bars unless they're main sets, because I get forearm aids. Training isn't bad though. Got 325x1 for squat, 265x1 bench, weighted chins +60x3x5, and I'm going for a 365 sumo amrap today. Hoping for 7-8. Dreading the 5x5 squat sets after, though.

What's the point? Is he going to share results?

Happy today lads.

Got 365 x5 on squat and 430 x 5 diddly.

Going for 375 x 5 and 440 x 5 next ID.

my sumo is MUCH stronger off the floor when I let the bar drift out a little bit from my legs (perhaps not surprisingly; interestingly though my back doesn't round at all despite doing this.

How is everyone doing today?

And what would you know about shoulders?

>being this new that you don't know how /plg/ works

S H E I K O
H
E
I
K
O

Why didn't Buda make this thread then?

>You can't get over the fact that what Buda said is actually true.

Because it's not.

>He said that lats help you in the lift which is right

It's utterly wrong. Lats are antagonists.

>They don't push the way up

So they don't help you bench. Cool.

>they stabilize your fucking body

Are we talking about benching? Because yes, the lats are important for squats and deadlifts for many reasons.

For bench pressing, however, the lats are antagonists. Contraction of the lats directly goes against contraction of the chest and anterior delts.

What stabilizes your body during benching are the upper back muscles like rhomboids and traps, and your legs.

>Low bar is very comfy
I feel like I've heard you say something similar before.

Started talking to some random girl and now she won't stop talking
She got mad when I said I need to be right back

Rip

youtube.com/watch?v=QsqsGr8_dlc
Can you guys pls rate my deadlift form from supermang tier to candito tier. [spoiler]also pls ignore other videos on my channel pls don't bully[/spoiler]

Except I'm doing actual low bar now boi

Thanks bby

When are you joining me in spotoshot 2.0

Don't have a qt pic for this post because I'm on my phone

>Lats are antagonists.
Jesus Christ, you really did just wrap up your first semester of A&P, didn't you?

>Not mentioning OHP

Fuck that lift.

Stupid ass bitch.

Elbow aids prolly coz you're lacking shoulder flexibility to handle the thicker bar. Do your flies lad

>Contraction of the lats directly goes against contraction of the chest and anterior delts

That's funny because you're a fucking idiot and you're wrong. Flare your lats and flex your pecs. Holy shit, it worked and you could do both at the same time.

>ouch my rotator cuff
>better do some overhead press

W E W

Looks fine to me but it's hard to judge it because it looks very light and easy / fast for
You.

Add more weight

kekd audibly

Nope. I have excellent external rotation. It's just harder to rest on the shelf because it's thick as fuck, less stable, and therefore, puts more stress on the brachioradialis, since I (have to) use a thumbless grip.

>it's another lats in the bench episode

Honest question to ya'll..
What's the point of trying to lift so heavy? When would you ever need to lift anything more than 50lb in a real life situation?

>since I (have to) use a thumbless grip.

fucking handlets

kill it lad

there is no point, we do it because it's fun
don't you have any hobbies?

It's fun

I don't know how but I got the 9th. Last rep was RPE 9.9 and I believe I bounced, not sure if I can count that set.

Actually I can't remember anymore if I bounced or not.

>Trappy
>Haino
>Blueshoes

Why is it people who do not even lift feel the need to give advice seek attention?

Although I also wouldn't deny that my scapular winging probably has something to do with it as well, but that's caused by a tight pec minor and lack of internal rotation, which I'm currently working on fixing.

My forearms are the lanklets of the arm world. Literally have to bring my grip out to be able to even support the bar with my palm and not my wrist.

those were truly good times

I miss Mong.

He had a good attitude honestly

tell her you are busy and leave
don't give rude hoes a piece of your time

>mentioning Livia twice

More than 50 lbs? Are you serious?

I get asked to help move heavy shit for people on at least a monthly basis. It's only gotten worse as I've gotten bigger. Everyone thinks because I deadlift that I wanna help move their washer and dryer to their new place.

I agree. Last I heard he's completing his Computer science degree
Hope he's doing alright, he has a place in my heart right next to harambe

Fair point.

what if you have a bbw fetish and the woman has a cardiac arrest and dies on you??
How you gonna lift that bitch up

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

It's surprising he stuck around for so long considering how much /plg/ bullied him for being ugly and having garbage form.

American EMT here, I routinely have to move excess of 200lbs.

That's not including the weight of the stretcher to get them in the ambulance. I do have help though, but not always

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

>Mong
>Computer science
Never pegged him as that kind of guy

Good song.

SUFFOCATION NO BREATHING

Kek really?

I'm surprised he doesn't post on fit anymore if he has computer access.

If that's true (o hope it is) I wish him the best

Yeah even tho he was a fucker I was felt like he was the underdog
Of some dramatic movie
>put down by everyone only to come back and seek his revenge

Where the fuck is the retarded idea coming from to test for 1 RM increase by having the lifter do AMRAPs into 8-12 reps??

I'm literally lifting right now

you're going to regret havong ever said that to me

DONT GIVE A FUCK IF I CUT MY ARM BLEEDING

It's funny how many people took what he caricatured seriously, his unabashed type of rhetorics was just a form of having some fun banter

Thanks, I just didn't want to lift heavier today because I didn't have deadlifts planned for today. But still wanted to get some opinion because last time I dled some guy approached me telling me my form is absolute shit and it just surprised me. I will post later with some real deadlifts.

That's why we loved him, he could take and talk shit like no other.

SING IT WITH ME

it's the good part now

*duh ne ne ne ne ne ne ne
duh ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne*

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

same feelings desu

I feel like he wanted to place his time into more important things in life

It'll get better the more you low bar. I used to get wrist aids. All good now

where did you hear this from

>ouch my rotator cuff
>better do some overhead press

The overhead press frees up the scapula to move naturally. Also, the lift is a very easy, low stress way to strengthen the rotators (if done lightly, for high rep, a la Bill Starr Rehab). It would be PART of a rehabilitation process. Strengthening, mobility, rest, reducing inflammation, etc are all part of rehabbing an injury.

If there is a more serious impingement issue, or injury, then seeing an ortho/physio is a must.

I'm just assuming user is going to try and rehab it himself.

2 caveats that you should consider:
>lightly
I know I said "the bar" as a light weight. This might be too much for you to handle. Consider the women's trainer bar as an alternative

>my certification
I am not qualified to teach special ed outside the context of my content area, so you should just ignore me.

Liv- i mean Haino

I mean,how can you understand if you don't even lift.

Thanks guys for btfo of him in my absence.

Go fuck your ugly wife

OHP

if he has any postural issues

especially t spine mobility

like lack of upwards rotation

can further impinge his shoulder

regardless of the weight used

also that its very rare to see people do face pulls with good form

Nuckols 3 day bench programs test progression by AMRAP set results.

Greyskull too.

And I bet the idea in many other programs that I don't know of too.

It's so weird.

Fuuuuuuck looking massive bro

OHP

if he has any postural issues

and scapular control issues

like lack of upwards rotation

can further impinge his shoulder

regardless of the weight used

also that its very rare to see people do face pulls with good form

FIXED

holy shit you're huge

>Note to self: disregard blueshoes

WEEW the fecal matter that's dripping out of my butthole into the toilet is pretty stinky right now

Jesus George

Uh? ????????????????????????

Hey Boardie, how are you feeling? SI any better?

Lol. He's asking for lifting help on a Chinese Fish Refugee Support Forum.

IF he has all the issues that you have sperged, then he's a genetic dead end, and he needs to see a doctor.

OR, he could just try some common sense stuff if it doesn't hurt, and get better.

Dude, just roid.

>Sorry can't read what you're saying all I see is DYEL DYEL DYEL

>muscles can't have more than one function

The lats and chest can work together for a few movements, but not for the movements involved in bench pressing, where the lats are antagonists for both shoulder movements.

Also, flaring your lats is not contracting the lats, it's lengthening the lats.

What's the point of playing football? What's the point of playing tennis? What's the point of living?

webm related?

Your 8RM is about 80%, your 5RM is about 85%. If you hit "85" for seven reps, you can reasonably slap five or ten pounds on your training max.

Not terribly painful but I haven't put it under load yet either.

Have I missed anything important?

For what it's worth, I don't deadlift conventional, but that looked ok to me. Nothing jumped out to me as a problem, but nothing will probably jump out as a problem unless you add some weight to the bar

What's your max (even if it's shit
Form?

What were your working weights the day the guy said your form was dogshit?