What's the best martial art, Veeky Forums?

strawpoll.me/10984933

combination of MT, bjj, boxing, and wrestling, and a tad of judo

Combine MT with Judo and BJJ, you'll be a god.

Wing Chun

BJJ is pointless for the most part, learn a few basic subs and how to pass guard/get someone off your chest and you're done with it

>captcha: select all the pizzas
FUCKING CHAD!!!

pipebombkata

>MMA
MMA isn't a martial art you fucking retard
MMA literally stands for Mixed Martial Arts

Piep Bumm. You've probably never heard of it.

gun fu

boxing + judo or mt + judo?

I beat U is perhaps the best.

Fucking this. at least if you're gonna put a poll together, fucking know what you're talking about
/thread.

In terms of exercise...I'd say boxing...somewhat.

In terms of effectiveness. BJJ and muay thai is all you need.

BJJ+Muay Thai+Boxing

MMA: MIXED MARTIAL ARTS REEEEE
How the fuck can you still be this dumb in current year? you cant say that Mixed Martial Arts is the best martial art...
30 iq dumbasses btfo

>MMA is a martial art

Didn't have judo on your straw poll. It's a shitty strawpoll.

Karate master race reporting in

>no kyokushin
>no karate

>Kickboxing and Muay Thai both on the list
>implying Kickboxing isn't just a watered down western version of Muay Thai

sure smells pleb in here

Jeet Kune Do

Sniper

Martial Art: it's martial, takes skill practice and training, and is the most effective... unless you think drone pilot takes martial skill.

systema

no kyokushin no judo no care

Jason Bourne.

President of the United States is all that and more, he can even lay down martial law. Obama confirmed best martial artist.

Don't live in a shithole jitsu
don't be a cunt fu
parkour
boxing/mt + bjj/judo/wrestling

Stop making these retarded topics.

isn't kickboxing just a catch-all term for ma's that have kicks and punches. i don't think i've ever seen any of them called just kickboxing.

Take karate, then mma, then pick fights with random fucks for experience. If you're swole enough and not a retard when it comes to reflexs you can beat up most random fucks.

Muay Thai literally means Thai boxing, which is to say that it is kickboxing but with different technique, elbows, and an emphasis on the clinch game. Non-hooking upper body throws are also allowed.

Kickboxing is a sport. Everything else with punches and kicks is a variation of kickboxing

>Take karate
You realise that's essentially meaningless, right?

Personally I think that if you become a purist or whatever they're called in a single martial art, you'll probably get rekt. I do karate, and although we learn god tier footwork, and some of our strikes are awesome, I can't grapple for shit, and a kickboxer or Muay Thai practitioner gets a LOT more experience in actually fighting, and their "softer" styles are a lot more adaptable.

I'm currently looking at starting up kickboxing or muay thai to supplement it for this exact reason; since they complement each other well.

But I'm pretty sure its universal. Somebody who only ever does wrestling is gonna be in for a really fun surprise when somebody hits him in the face. Somebody who does BJJ is gonna be in for a shock when they realise their grappling doesn't do shit if theother person knows how to avoid and keep hitting. Somebody who does Krav Maga is gonna be in for a pretty huge let down when they realise their opponent isn't a practice dummy and their martial art is terrible.

But kickboxing and Muay Thai (Muay Thai being basically kickboxing with the cool expansion pack) is probably the best on it's own.

just dont waste your time with judo or the krav maga meme

learn a standup and grappling, and then go to an mma gym to work on the transitions between the 2 and putting it together

C'mon guys. You know we have so many retards dragging down our average we can't compete. Our good guys are fantastic, but the amount of shitty autists in our martial art is just ridiculous.

We're practically taekwondo at this point.

>Shotokan reporting in by the way
>Teaching a class where half the people are middle aged women and their kids and don't take it seriously is awful
>They giggled during kumite practice
>They fucking giggled
>Fucking end this

I agree

How can people say anything other than MMA?
All martial arts have their advantages but they also have their weaknesses which leaves them vulnerable. For example a boxer will lose if a fight goes to the ground the same way someone who does bjj will lose if the fight doesnt go to the ground.
Yeah MMA will make you medicore at striking and grappling but its better than being shitty at one and getting your ass kicked bevause theres a huge hole in your game. Also as an MMA fighter you can specilize in either striking or grappling as well while having vasic knowledge of the other.
I dont see how MMA is so low on the list im very disappointed familia.

I'm about to start boxing and Muay Thai with a bit of MMA striking

If you want to be more well rounded, pick ONE striking art and ONE grappling art, so boxing and wrestling or BJJ and Muay Thai.

These people recommending 4 different arts have ab joust never trained before. Becoming absolutely average in 4 different martial arts will result in developing an ugly mish mash of a style.

Becoming PROFICIENT in two (which you can't do in four, especially if you have a job or a life) will bode much better.

Wing chun is also useful (if you go to a proper club). Tkd is a meme, so is Krav maga.

So basically do MMA.

> karate
> god tier footwork

You joker, you.

People are suggesting three, four and five different styles for 'MMA'.

I'm suggesting becoming proficient in two proven fighting styles. So yeah I guess mma, but I'm saying don't pick more than two or you'll gain very little.

>I'm gonna start training soon
>Don't listen to these people who have never trained before