Tennis Elbow

Deadlifting realize I need more forearms. Flex and work forearms throughout workout. Start to get a feeling in my elbow. Not pain, but something there.

Point on my elbow is incredibly mildly painful. Forearms hurt when I lift objects at a certain angle.

Anyone else had this? How long will it last? Will I Lose all my gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yea that's tennis elbow. Low weight, high reps, like 50+

still getting over some tennis elbow, it bothered me for a couple months. buy a wrap designed to put pressure on the spot, it helps with the pain. also try poking around your forearm, there is a spot that connects to both the elbow and the wrist. massage out that spot, you will know it when you find it. after my elbow started getting better my wrist started hurting really bad, found that spot and noticed that they are all connected. still waiting on my wrist to get better....fucking sucks.

you can still do most lifts btw, just have to test out what hurts and what doesn't. don't push yourself or else you will really injure something and be out of the gym for a while, losing all your gains

I'm not following you. Are you sore because you did deadlifts? That's normal. If you're having grip strength problems, holding the bar the top for a bit before going down will help with that.

Basically ignore this moron suggesting you do 50 reps of anything

look faggot listen to me and me only and you can fix this shit fast

0 gym time
0 GYM TIME for a week straight.
take 800mg Advil every 6 hours but no more than 3 times a day for 5 days.

eat a healthy diet and get good 7-8 hours sleep every night

at the end of the week of rest your elbow should feel normal

you just need to give your body time to heal the damage there

once it heals completely you will be back in the gym fast

but if you fuck around with it and don't let it heal it can only get worse. and will take longer to heal.

a week isn't that bad

Don't listen to this sagelord

ice first 2 days, then make sure youre ding deadlifts correctly, high reps perferably. Also take a rubber band and open close about 25 times, also forearm stretches. In fact, if you're not stretching every bodypart you're missing gains and flexibility to prevent injury

Don't listen to people telling you to wait for it to heal. You gotta make it heal. High reps!

never deadlift for high reps.

worst advice I've ever seen on the Internet.

>Deadlift is totally safe, bro! You can't get injured using proper form!

Yeah and that's why I don't deadlift in my age, try explaining to your boss why you can't function at work and need sick leave to treat your self-induced injuries. Deadlifting and Squats will eventually cause irreversible damage, and I don't care how good you think your form is, it's just not worth it, you can get just as swole without them.

t. guy who can't deadlift properly

>800mg Advil
That's not anti inflamatory you fucking nigger, taking painkillers is treating the symptom, not the illness. He needs rest and DOCTOR-PRESCRIBED anti inflamatories.

Would you say that OP can't deadlift properly either? He sure thought he could.

>guy gets overuse injury on his forearm
It was obviously his form!

No.

So you agree that the exercise can cause injury regardless of form? Good, we've reached an understanding. Deadlifts and squats will eventually injure you, it's just that when you're 20 you feel bulletproof and don't think about the long-term effects of this type of damage. Again, if this guy worked manual labor (or at all?), he would have to go explain to his boss why he can't function properly because he did meme, body-ruining exercises in his spare time.

glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

Did this myself a few times and have had no real issues in the last 6+ months

Rip trains 80 year old ladies how to deadlift and squat. It's not the exercise

What exercise do you suggest then?

ibuprofen aka Advil is literally an anti inflammatory.

what the fuck are you talking about.

You're like those retards who don't turn off their computer because "it wears down the components and the first spark puts a lot of stress on the CPU". Might as well stop breathing so you don't oxidize your lungs to death.

rock climber here. when i dont take a break from climbing for a while my tennis elbow comes back. when it does i grip a broom by the end of the handle with a straight arm parallel to the ground and rotate it back and forth slowly in wind-shield wiper movements

I have pain in the neck similar to this. What do i have

dick sucker syndrome, just dont do straining movements for 3 weeks