/owg/

>some faggot shilling his crossfit box during the medal ceremony in the 94kg class edition

>meme jerks are still shit tier edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy
chinfl.blogspot.com.br/
iwf.net/category/anti-doping-news/
allthingsgym.com/weightlifting-news-11-bulgarian-weightlifters-test-positive-for-stanozolol/
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/
youtube.com/watch?v=hOnlXGT0_f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pastebin.com/1HgVcGam

Video tutorials
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

Useful info
chinfl.blogspot.com.br/

Doping news
iwf.net/category/anti-doping-news/
allthingsgym.com/weightlifting-news-11-bulgarian-weightlifters-test-positive-for-stanozolol/
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/

pls include in op post

Wish I could perform oly lifts but no gym, sadly.

What numbers would be considered natty for the 69kg category? they all seem huge since they roid

Lads how do I marry Lidia Valentin?

>what lifts would be considered natty
maybe 100kg at most for C&J, 70kg for snatch

woah woah woah, hold your horses big guy

90 c+j, 65 snatch AT MOST. any more is not natty

One of the commentators said the knurling on the bar isn't very sharp. Aren't they using Eleiko equipment for this comp?

that's simply wrong. a brand new eleiko is very sharp. i guess it's possible they aren't using eleiko but i have no clue why they wouldn't, they always have in the past

I heard someone in the /sp/ thread say it was rogue

what the fuck? there's no way lol

top kek. imagine someone who doesn't know the context of this webm watching it.

dude celebrating hard as the 3 reds flash in the background

they are using zkc. the same brand that was used in beijing.

is it because the eleiko factory got blown up

No. Sponsorship of equipment has a bidding process. And the fire only affected the stage and manufacturing facilities for industrial machines and trucks. The barbell manufacturing facility was safe.

Do each lifter get his own coach or is it one coach per country?

Its silly politics. They even had to cover rehband and eleiko brands on their equipment with tape.

You can't because she is going to marry ME and I'm stronger than you

do female weightlifters inadvertently do kegels when performing the lifts/ doing the valsalva maneuver?

so they'd be super tight r-right??

where were you when haino was confirmed trappy

T. Butthurt American

Is Darth Shi the new king of /owg/?

AHHHHHHHHHHH EYHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=hOnlXGT0_f4

what would americans be butthurt about?

what is the context?

How come weightlifting is dominated by 3rd worlders

the absolute madmen

he won bronze

why did he get 3 reds?

why isn't the other guy that c+j 217 on there

nothing like strength built on goat's milk and negative reinforcement.

Because he missed the lift

because he couldn't stand up with the clean

kek

pretty sure only 2 did it in the 85kg class

It only belongs to Tian Tao because he was tje first to do it.

technically yes but its funnier giving it to both of them
it really pisses people off

>this is the physique of a world champion weight lifter

>those shoulders

lol it should just be Tian's name on there since he did it first, but people were changing it every hour between the two(Should also have Romanians name on there if thats how they are gonna do it). Maybe this will be a temporary truce until the Iranians let it slip from their mind haha.

Thats a natty limit body right there

pretty sure the romanian also made 217

Hahahahhahahah
What the actual fuck

so these competitions can be won and lost based on a question of literal grams
like the difference between Apti and Zielinski in London was literally 100g.
And all the hair on the human head collectively weighs about 200g. Some sources even report hair weight as being a kilo or more.
So why
in the name of fuck
are these cunts not all bald? And some of them are even bearded? I'm sure some of the Chinese lifters have had their kidneys removed to pack more muscle into their bodyweight, but what's the deal with all the hair?

you're wrong

No.

fuark i wana get back to liftan

rip lu so sad :'(

me on the left

So I thought about taking this weightlifting course for 100€, but it starts in October
What kind of routine/exercises I should do at a normal gym meanwhile?

How come we don't see weightlifters coming from first world countries with arguably better infrastructure and sports investment?

Who was lighter? Surely it should go to them.

That Iranian guy did have a bit of a belly though.

Google says that the Iranian is 84kg and that the Chink is 85kg

Because the investment isn't in oly lifting?

>some faggot shilling his crossfit box during the medal ceremony in the 94kg class edition

What the fuck? What happened?

nah man first guy should get it

second guy had more rest

what about a 85kg guy?

120cj 100 snatch max

because no state sponsored roid programs

Not far off then

I have terrible form, my numbers are 90/70

you're getting close to the natty max
better start sourcing some roids

I'm assuming a guy like Max Lang is roiding?

He's strong as fuck

memes aside, can I really not expect much higher numbers than that without roids?

Most lifters at my oly gym are right around those numbers, I just thought they were noobs.

depends on your genetics are work ethic

my coach thinks steroids only gives you an extra 10-20kgs on your total
i think it's probably closer to 20 on each lift but you could probably get around 330 with years of dedicated, solid training

Realistically, no-one really knows the max. The records from pre-drug eras were just set under conditions too far from today (although they're probably lowballs compared to today, from what little is recorded).

There's also something of a difference in using drugs at the same BW versus using them to go up weight classes. There's an advantage in both but a bigger one in the latter.

majestical

Squats

Presses

Rows

Pullups

Core

Mfw his surname is >ur mum
In Norwegian

squat
bench
cable row
pullups
core

front squat
ohp
lat raises
chinups
core

is this absolute crap?
I usually go to gym every other day or so, rest more if needed

i think everything except cables rows, pendlay rows are better but that's not the reason i dislike them

one of the biggest problems people have when learning the lifts is using their arms instead of their traps and until you've learned how to not use your arms i think the conflicting messages you'll send your brain would hinder more than help

so everything is ok except cable rows?
and I guess I could switch them for pendlays

with what i know now i would suggest

back squats
ohp
pull ups
core

front squats
push press
chin ups
core

no need for rows?

as i said, rows will confuse you since they are an arm based movement (you use your arms to move the weight)

because this is one of the biggest mistakes people make when starting weightlifting you don't want to confuse yourself by picking up the weight from the floor using your arms for 2 months and then all of a sudden you're supposed to be loose and barely picking up the weight at all, the same principle applies to deadlifting
the start position and the movement are totally different to a snatch/ clean in more than just the grip; so you'll be imprinting motor patterns that are counter productive for weightlifting

it's quite possible this won't be an issue for you, but it's just as possible it will and i see new people start all the time and 4/5 of them having problems with using their arms and while this might be the cause; it's still a huge problem for those people and any potential gain you make in 2 months worth of rows (which you'll be making from pull and chin ups anyway) isn't worth maybe making learning the technique harder

thanks, I'll do the routine you posted till the course begins then

Morals.

one more question
should I do 5x5 or 5x3?

depends on what your strength level is at right now, and the exercise

squats can be 5x5 if you're sitll making beginner gains, or 3x5
push press/ ohp 3x5 or 3x3 or 5x3
chin up and pull ups are a bit different and now that i think about it adding dips would be a good idea as well as light tricep work
chin and pull ups at 4x8 same with dips
dumbbell skull crushers with a light weight 4x15 or something around that

it's sort of hard for me to give you a pre-training program without much infomation about you

but i'm going to sleep
if you respond to this post with your lifts and more info, and the thread is still up in the morning, i can give you a bit more insight or maybe someone else will chime in with their opninion

I'm still pretty much a beginner, I've been going to the gym just to do something physical
5'8/145lbs
haven't tried max weights on anything really
5x5 squat ~150
5x5 ohp ~70
chin-ups I can do +10
pull-ups 4-7 depends on the day
dips I haven't tried in ages, but I guess I could get them up to 8 in few weeks

what im 69kg 73/100 am i gonna get popped

yes he is our new overlord

Literally see the image, faggot

that better not be lbs

I know it's crap
I was like 115lbs when I started, finally been able to put on some weight and decided to start lifting more seriously

you dont know what 3rd world mean fagstain shitcunt

eat 5000kcals a day and squat heavier and harder pussy you will make it if you try

This was my first weight lfiting event I watched and I knew that fucker would win
Just watching him walk around with his hoodie as if he was the boss of that shit

It's a sport that works well with monolithic state-run sports programs. Many millions of Chinese kids get vetted for weightlifting potential. How many Americans even try Oly weightlifting aside from high school footballs players doing power cleans?

>oly

>tfw you didnt get into OW at young age
>tfw you'll never win gold for your country in roidlift
>tfw too old now at 23

why even live?

aren't you supposed to start it as soon as you're able to walk to have a chance?

younger the better Id say, from what I hear if you're selectedfor some one like chinese team you're taken from your parents and you barely see them while you work your bollocks off, not sure how true that is but I wouldnt be surprised with china

Xiaojin supposedly started at 13 so at my age he already has 10 years experiance

In China they use to scout kids around the age of 8-10. In Eastern Europe the same.

Although you can start as late as 13 or something in case you have an athletic background (Lü for example).

donny shankle says it takes about 12 years to reach your max potential

Do you want to be one of those lifters who trained for 10 years from being a child and still couldnt become a world class weightlifter? For every success, there's probably hundreds of failures.

and what's the max age you see at competitions? around 30?

seems like the oldest olympic lifters top out at around 30ish yeah

so theoretically you could start at the age of 18 and still become a decent lifter?

no clue, dont forget these niggas train full time and have everything paid for, imagine trying to do 8 hours a day job and then coming home and oly lift for 4 hours, just no, if your'e talking amatuer then probably

figueroa won the 62kg as a 33-year old. lu is 31.
while training from a young age allows an individual to have a better chance of reaching maximum potential, the toll of training makes the body age more quickly. as a result, many retire before reaching 28 which is considered to be the physical peak.

>figueroa won the 62kg as a 33-year old
he only won because chen got injured and the korean guy got busted

his total was a few kg higher than the 56kg winner

couldn't watch it so didn't know a Romanian did it also