Vegan/Vegetarian General

Anybody vegan or vegetarian here? Tell me your experiences and recipes!

Other urls found in this thread:

science20.com/news_articles/vegetarians_found_to_have_more_cancer_allergies_and_mental_health_disorders-133332?utm_content=buffer7fb4a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278#abstract0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24343044
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vegan-anything is retarded. Every vegetable-fucker is batshit crazy just look at Vegan"Gains". Veganism is directly linked to becoming a dumbshit crazy faggot. Go be a vegetable-retard if you want a mental disorder, no gains, and becoming a pussy faggot. We warned you.

science20.com/news_articles/vegetarians_found_to_have_more_cancer_allergies_and_mental_health_disorders-133332?utm_content=buffer7fb4a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278#abstract0

Nice sources lmfao, try citing scientific journals you fucking retard

fag

This board is more cancerous than red meat and dairy lol

Vegan mental retardation in action folks. Don't let it happen to you!

>science20.com/news_articles/vegetarians_found_to_have_more_cancer_allergies_and_mental_health_disorders-133332?utm_content=buffer7fb4a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
>journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088278#abstract0

This small cross-sectional study always gets posted by people who are desperate to find anything they can use against vegan/vegetarian diets and don't care about the quality of their references. This is based on a cross-sectional, survey-based study in Australia. Cross-sectional means they didn't follow people over time, they only looked at one point in time and recorded observations. The authors write,

>Potential limitations of our results are due to the fact that the survey was based on cross-sectional data. Therefore, no statements can be made whether the poorer health in vegetarians in our study is caused by their dietary habit or if they consume this form of diet due to their poorer health status

In other words, the vegetarians in this study could have been vegetarian for 5 minutes, a day, a week, or whatever, and switched to a vegetarian diet in an effort to treat health problems that they had developed while eating meat. On top of that, this is a smaller version of a larger study done on the same Australian population, and in the larger study with nearly 12x more people involved they got the opposite results

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24343044

The larger study didn't get the same media attention though, because nobody wants to hear "vegetarians healthier than meat eaters, study shows"

Hello PETA! I think Tumblr would be a better website to spend your advertising money on.

Meat eaters are fucking delusional holy shit

>asks for actual scientific sources
>says it's retarded
I know people in this board aren't generally bright, but for fucks sake at least read what you post before you do it. This is just too much cancer.

Vegetarian here. As much as I liked meat, I like animals too and am happy to live without eating meat. And I don't believe an animal should die for me to have a snack or eat a meal so I choose not to. I don't care if other people eat meat though, I just choose to do my bit because I don't need meat, less animals have to suffer and its much better environmentally. In general, I've found that meat eaters are a lot more pushy than any vegetarians I've met, most you wouldn't even know they're veggie unless it comes up in discussion. I hope people can see past the 'vegetarians r pushy' meme.

Anyhow, I actually eat a lot of normal meals and just use quorn. Say I fancy a curry, I use quorn chicken pieces. Same with stir fries, or I can use steak strips. They do nice meatballs for bolognaise and I love the mince. Some of their food is better than others; their meat free chicken products are normally quite close to the texture and taste of the real thing, especially the nuggets. They don't really do many good beef products. The mince is close in terms of cooking and taste but textures slightly different. Cheaper and healthier though. The burgees aren't as nice as real meat ones but still pretty good. I prefer Linda McCartney mozarella burgers tho. The sausages are perfect and can't really tell a difference.

It's not just quorn that's good for meat replica foods tho, most supermarkets have their own brands and their are other companies. I also eat a lot of eggs and beans.

>>>Tumblr
>>>Reddit
Fuck off

lmao@all the vegans in this thread crying
fags :))))

Lol, why are you so upset that some people care for animals and choose not to eat them? We're not pushing vegetarianism on you, you're pushing carnivorism on us. Why enter a vegetarian thread if you don't like it? You are one sad, angry little man trying to act big by hating those of a stronger will.

>I don't believe an animal should die for me to have a snack or eat a meal so I choose not to.
>I don't care if other people eat meat though, I just choose to do my bit because I don't need meat, less animals have to suffer and its much better environmentally.

That doesn't make any sense

>MUH SAFE SPACE
>MUH SCARY AGGRESSIVE CARNIVORES
>MUH STRONG WILL
lmao keep representing vegetable fags its hilarious laughing at tumblrinas who come on Veeky Forums expecting a good response
keep it up fuckbois lmfao

fucking numales

How does it not?

If you eat vegetarian because you don't want animals to be killed or to see the environment go to shit, how could you not care if other people eat meat? I don't see how you wouldn't prefer if other people also didn't kill animals for food

Of course I would prefer it if others were vegetarian. It also helps relieve animal suffering even more and benefits the environment more. But I don't care if they're not, I'm not going to think I'm better than someone or that they should be because for me its a personal choice about how I want to live. I can go without meat. I have the willpower to. I don't need it. It makes me happier knowing I'm not eating it. If other people want it, that's their choice. I can't change or stop that and I have no right to, but equally they shouldn't preach to me about how I shouldn't be vegetarian or how I should just eat meat. Does that make more sense to you now?

>Of course I would prefer it if others were vegetarian. It also helps relieve animal suffering even more and benefits the environment more. But I don't care if they're not
>Does that make more sense to you now?

... No

I think what makes the most sense right now is that you need some fucking testosterone.

Then you must be dim. I understand what he's saying perfectly. He does his part but doesn't pressure others into doing their bit.

You're so dumb you probably think you can't lift at the gym unless you push everyone else into lifting.

>Using language analysis tools to guess peoples gender
>thinking he's manly because he eats meat
>being this beta
How do you know they're not female anyway? fucktard

>being this much of a smug, smarmy assrag
Shut the fuck up, bitchboi. Let the real men talk, you can go cry into a pillow or something.

>He does his part but doesn't pressure others into doing their bit.

But others have to do their bit if his part is supposed to mean anything. He's not the only person on the planet.

>I don't want to kill this cow.... here, you kill it
>Yay, I saved a cow :)

He's not even a fucking vegan you idiot, he even stated he eats eggs. He's a vegetarian. Christ, I'm not a vegetarian at all but people like you are the retards who go "hurr durr pushy vegans" while trying to shove your own ideology down everyone's throats.

lol i just did an analysis on one of my earlier posts. guess what it said, 100% male. no need to be so jealous fag. the pork i ate earlier today tasted so good. you jelly loser?

keep nitpicking, guess the estrogen's speaking for you huh faggot?

Every little counts. Assuming you eat the equivalent of a whole chicken a week, you being vegetarian would save 52 chickens a year. And your cow example doesn't work, because if one person doesn't eat it then another person wouldn't suddenly have it - there's no shortage of meat and lots of it is wasted, people aren't queueing for it. If one person stopped buying it they'd just produce less and kill less. People who want it would already have their beef lined up, so imagine 2 people and 2 cows. Each can eat one cow. One person decides not to eat meat. That doesn't suddenly mean the other person eats 2 cows.

I eat meatless meals pretty often, but am not a veggiefag. Tonight I made peanut curry, no recipe.

Sautee on low until soft: 1/2 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1/3 chopped bell pepper, ~1 cup mushroom
Add 14 oz coconuts milk, 1 can chickpeas, 1-2 chopped tomatoes, 1 chopped sweet potate. Add water or broth to thin the sauce to desired consistency, 1-2 cups or so.
Spice with peanut butter and curry powder, both to desired taste. When the sauce is all combiney and simmering, I add spinach and let it cook down, then simmer for 30-60 minutes.
I like to salt and sriracha to taste after serving, and I serve over jasmine rice.

>too few words
>misusing language analysis tools
Nice fallacies and manipulation of statistics. If I drew a bar chart right now saying you're a fag it would be more accurate than those shoddy statistics you're using.

That is also why I am vegetarian. Not really for any healthy benefits, but that I do love all animals. As stewards of this earth, God told us to protect and care for the earth and its inhabitants. Just kidding I don't really care, but its something you can say to cray redneck Christians who slaughter animals for fun and waste the meat.
I really don't care if other people eat meat. Where I am from I get more shit for being vegetarian then I have ever seen Vegans/vegetarians bitch about meat eaters.
As for diet, more vegetables, grains, beans. If I want something like a sausage I get the Tofurky ones. I also like black bean burgers. Diet really isn't that hard.

>Assuming you eat the equivalent of a whole chicken a week, you being vegetarian would save 52 chickens a year

And if two people were vegetarian, you'd save 104 chickens. If 10 people were vegetarian, 520, etc. And if more people don't become vegetarian, that's billions of chickens killed. If having animals not die is your reasoning for not eating meat, you can't not be bothered that 95% of the population is still killing animals en masse.

>>>reddit

That is not the point. Just because someone believes in something or has there own customs, does not mean that you have to force those beliefs on other people. Its the same with religion, you don't have to be a fanatic, just do you.

this is Veeky Forums - fitness not Veeky Forums - meme diets

Vegan for 8 months. Did it for ethical reasons and because I though eating meat was kinda boring. Always thought it was an obligation. Try not to be preachy about it cept when bitches trip out when I mention it.

Nope, Veeky Forums for 8ish years and have never been on reddit. It is cool if you want to insult me for having a different idea than you.
I'm also not atheist, more agnostic. Nobody knows the truth so I figure I should just be a productive member of society, be happy, and do unto others and then see what happens.

>Just because someone believes in something or has there own customs, does not mean that you have to force those beliefs on other people.

If it's something that harms others, and you disagree with harming others, you do have to "force" that belief, in defense of the victim. It's not like the difference between liking the color red or liking the color blue. Someone wants to kill a creature that doesn't want to be killed, you find that morally wrong and so you abstain from it, but you think it's fine when someone else does it? Bullshit

Most of the boards on Veeky Forums are not fitness related. Fat Hate, Nofap, what mode am I...ect.

Newfag alert

>other people are shitposting too, so I should be allowed to break the rules as well

wew lad

A lot of people think homosexuality is morally wrong, but most are fine with it. The main point is that I can tell people why I don't eat meat, but arguing with them and trying to convince them to not eat meat will do nothing. It just pisses them off and people end up saying that vegetarians and vegans are crazy and pushy. I just try to lead by example rather than force my beliefs on other people, its really not that hard to understand.

If you really want fitness advice then I recommend staying away from Veeky Forums. I think this is just a board where people can talk about random shit that is related to fitness (and health like it use to be).

t. summerfag

>A lot of people think homosexuality is morally wrong, but most are fine with it

And homosexuals aren't stoned to death anymore because some people decided "let's force our beliefs on others so people don't get killed for being gay."

>The main point is that I can tell people why I don't eat meat, but arguing with them and trying to convince them to not eat meat will do nothing. It just pisses them off and people end up saying that vegetarians and vegans are crazy and pushy.

I can understand you not wanting to personally try to convert every person you meet to vegetarianism, but this is also bullshit. Many vegetarians become vegetarian after hearing discussion about vegetarianism, seeing slaughterhouse footage, etc. People don't wake up and decide to be vegetarian out of the blue without any exposure. You should at least be able to admit that you would like other people to also be vegetarian, that you don't find it totally fine that others aren't vegetarian.

I will admit that I want others to be vegetarian, that would be awesome. I also did have exposure. I have a bachelors degree in Biology, I have watched documentaries on the health of the planet and have taken many course including Animal behavior, advanced evolutionary biology, ect.
I just choose by battles and lead by example. If you try to argue with every person about not eating meat then it will probably do more harm than good. If someone sees that I am healthy and happy as a vegetarian, and I tell them I love animals, I think that has a greater impact.

These meat eating cancer fuckboys give me such cancer