QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread: Last one about to hit bump limit

What are the best exercises to achieve fridge mode?

Other urls found in this thread:

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how much volume should I have for maximum hyper trophy?

Is overtraining a meme?

Whenever I see something in the media about someone getting ripped, or in shape, or training, for a movie or the olympics they always talk about the person doing hours of exercise every single day. Can you work out for hours everyday for faster results? Or is an hour or two the most you should do?

When do love handles and flabby tiddies go away for a 5'9 manlet? already at 187

you're only going to encounter overtraining if you're an olympian or if your sport is your career and you need to be at the top of your game for as long as possible. most people who workout recreationally, as in, have a job, or go to school and workout for one or two hours after aren't going to overtrain. if you can afford to workout for hours every day and you aren't an olympic athlete or a full time career athlete you best look for a hobby because otherwise you're just a NEET that works out.

40-70reps per body part per workout.
80-210reps per body part per week.
Hit each body part 2-3 times a week.

example workouts
Hitting ea body parts 2 times week:
PPLPPLx
FxULxxx
ULxULxx

Hitting ea body parts 3 times a week
ULULULx
FxFxFxx
FULULxx

>decide to finally workout after weeks of doing nothing
>planned a schedule for myself and everything
>barely started, did a baby-tier workout
>already completely wiped
>no way I'm going to be able to follow my plans like this

How can I increase my energy for a workout? I don't think I'm going to make any progress at all like this. Genuinely pathetic.

Also, how long of a break can you take between sets?

If you have excess body fat will you still lose muscle while losing weight, if you're lifting? At what bf% should I start worrying about muscle loss? If I'm still around 18%bf how many pounds should I lose a week?

New to lifting and got a little bit of lower back pain while squatting.

Is it just poor form or an underdeveloped back?

Eat, get enough sleep, get some pre workout if you need to. Stick to your program, have it written down and record your results and build on from there.

Most typical rest times are anywhere from 1-2 minutes, but I'd recommend 1min to 1.5min

Your endurance will build up overtime. Proper diet, creatine, and preworkouts could help though.

Max 5 minute breaks if you failed your last rep, normally 1-3 minutes

Perhaps a bit of both, watch videos of squats, get someone at the gym to critique your form and learn the form. Stick light and move up the weight only when you've nailed the form.

Work in some accessories to help get the strength for your lower back and the supporting muscles; abs, lower and upper back - with exercises such as hyperextensions and leg raises, planks etc

is it ok to deadlift 2-3 times a week MWF?
New gym only has incline bench and machines and my new routine will be incline bench followed by deads MWF

Incline bench 3x5
Deadlifts 2x5
Pullups 3xFailure
Triceps 3x15

Can't i just do BW squats at home?

How many days away from the gym do I start losing my gains? I've been eating a lot of protein still, but yesterday i was sick as a dog from a hangover, today I went to go to the gym and i didn't know they closed at 5 on Saturday's on summer. Should I expect to lift less when I go tomorrow?

should i be taking creatine?

Where can I get DNP and how long does it take to work

Does anyone know where that statue is located?

> bump limit
It's called auto Sage you fucking newb

25 years old, 149lbs 5'10, I want to get into powerlifting. 135x5 Beach, 315x1 DL and 250x1 squat.

Where should I start?

What kind of BCAA should i get? one with 12:1:1 or 2:1:1.

Is keto a Meme? Or should I just count my calories and meet my macros

Could anyone recommend a cheap and reliable blender? Would mainly be used for smoothies

I might not be able to go to the gym on monday

If I restart my routine on tue/thu/sat, can I reboot it next weekend on monday or i'm fucked?

seems like every face pull video on youtube advocates for different form. What form do you guys do and why?

I set the pulley at chest level, hold the rope overhand, take a step back, and pull it, elbows above my hands. The issue I see here is that to compensate for heavy weight, I need to lean back quite a ways. It's not that my back can't handle it, it's just I can't achieve a stable position if I don't.

any advice?

I'm currently 5'10 at 170lb. Is this a good weight for my height?

impossible to answer unless you post a pic. You can be 170 and skinny fat or 170 and fit

Gender?

How much size can you actually put on doing bodyweight exercises with proper progression?
Been lifting for a while and am thinking about making the transition to bodyweight exercises. They seem more fun.
Or I might combine the two.

If I'm on a serious cut, is it alright to still drink unsweetened tea (like from Gold Peak because I can't brew my own shit atm) and that 5cal Cranberry juice from Ocean Spray, or should I JUST stick to water, black coffee and homebrew tea?

you can probably make alright upper body gains, but you're going to have chicken legs.

where to get good swiming routines?

How many days away from the gym do I start losing my gains? I've been eating a lot of protein still, but yesterday i was sick as a dog from a hangover, today I went to go to the gym and i didn't know they closed at 5 on Saturday's on summer. Should I expect to lift less when I go tomorrow?

And

Is keto a Meme?

I'm working on a routine right now, probably doing a PHUL hybrid with bodyweight exercises. I'd be replacing leg progressions with deadlifts and squats.
I have a second question: if I stop doing barbell bench press, what do I miss out on by using dumbbells instead? I'm at 2pl8 for 5x5.
I fucking hate bench pressing.

In order of importance:

1. Are four eggs a day, everyday, fine? Is it still fine if I'm 110 lbs. and getting smaller?

2. Is 45/30/25 a good macro ratio for weight loss, particularly for a female?

3. I like eggs + spinach salad (no dressing), but it's getting a little boring. What else can I put in there to liven things up, without resorting to dressings?

Thanks.

Is it better to cut until lean and then bulk, or bulk and then focus on cutting to get lean?

Should one avoid messing with Niacine if one is prone to eczema? I saw it causes itching.

>Beer
>Liquor
>Weed
>Etc

Are any of these ok (in moderation) for someone trying to make gains? Or are they actively harmful to gains even in small amounts and should be totally cut out?

Alcohol is awful for gains because it's empty calories and a waste of time. And weed is degenerate and illegal and will make you eat junk food or eat too much.

If you're gonna drink, I say drink red wine.

Cannabis in general is a bad lifestyle indicator so I would avoid it (it's also loaded with phytoestrogens).

Though all in all, I think what is actually most conducive to making gains is to not stress out so much about these things, same with diet.

When you have a considerable amount of muscle mass. Do a slow cut then voilà.

Just anecdotally speaking, how long did it take you guys to get to 1/2/3/4, and starting from what (preferably from skele status, but all is welcome)? Obviously it varies and whatever but I kind of just want an idea of what's possible/what can happen.

Why are multivitamins considered a meme but certain dietary supplements like Vitamin D or Zinc aren't when taken in isolation?

Should you being going down to your waist or lower chest when doing straight bar dips? I cant do parallel dips in my house so I need an alternative exercise.

Going to gym for first time tomorrow, is there anything I need to know to not come across as a retard?

In moderation, it's okay.
Just keep it to once a month or even longer.
If you drink, go for something like everclear, least amount of calories for the amount of alcohol you get.

Because the total amount at the same time messes things up. Some only really get absorbed with fat, while fat can get in the way of the absorption of others, some can't be properly absorbed with the presence of another, and other issues causing poor bio-availability.

Often times they don't contain enough of X micronute, sometimes they contain too much.

You don't even need that much desu. Just eat a lot of dark green, and colorful veggies and some fruits. Seeds and fish too, if you're a vegetarian, consider using seaweed based omega-3 supps)

(Though there is a concern with the real micro nutrient content of fruits and veggies varying as well, but fuck it)

I broke my forearm 2 months ago and my Dr and PT said I can return to the gym but can only to pull no push. What should I start with to get back on track? I was doing SL before.

Is this a good workout? I plan on doing this every other day w/ a cutting diet
I'm 6'0 and 215 pounds.

Stretch
Intervals
15 tight pushups (chest to ground or to fist sized object)
If burned out on pushups before at 10 sets, begin going on knees.
6 inch leg raise for 45 seconds
Repeat pushups
Flutterkicks for 30 seconds -4 count
Repeat pushups
Forward plank for 60 seconds
Repeat pushups
Regular plank for 60 seconds.
Repeat till burnout on ALL exercizes.
Rest at 10 sets for 1 minute and then continue

Boulder shoulders: 3 sets of 12
Dumbell curls:
3 sets of 12
Sun worshippers: 3 sets of 60 seconds -4 count
Lateral raises: 3 sets of 12
Bat wings: 3 sets of 12, hold for 10 seconds.
Stretch

Stretch
Running
Run 1 mile
Rest 2 minutes
Sprintervals for half mile
First quarter mile:
Walk curves, sprint straights.
Second quarter:
Duck walk curves, sprint straights.
Walk 1 lap for cool down.

No.
What are your goals?

pls respond

Yes

Google reverse image search does.

It provides greater satiety at a deficit.

Sure.
Buy unflavored creatine monohydrate, it's pretty cheap and a tub will last you almost two years.

Or one of the sugary ones, and use it as an intra-workout, if you'd like. I have some that I use on training days because it was dirt cheap.

My fourth blender. Very happy with it so far.

This is exactly the proof I wanted. I have been searching around for this for ages. Thanks mate.

Your body doesn't know what day of the week it is. It just wants a rest day or two between workouts.

I def went on the 17th, but must not have scanned right.

Sure.

Macros don't matter too much. As long as you're getting in a good amount of protein for your weight and deficit, and enough fat for proper hormone production.

Tofu, soy sauce, bean sprouts, a bit of milk in the yolk to make it fluffy, cumin, etc.
Look up recipes online, and see if any pique your interest.

Not sure about your case, but Niacin doesn't cause my eczema to flare up. I haven't noticed getting itchy when using it either.

1. Yes, if they fit your macros. Why would that make a difference?

2. As long as you hit your protein, the rest is personal choice.

3. Hot sauce, mustard, Spike.

>2
>Macros don't matter too much

Meant to say macro ratios.

And don't talk to people in the middle of a set.

No problem. Very good article too.

Hopefully you're still around to see this

Do the same thing you're doing but set up the rope on the seated cable row machine so you won't be pulled around by the weight like if you were standing up

anyone?

Anyone?

Im getting a little bit of wirst pain after OHP/Benchpress, i have a decent form, there is something i can do about?

You could happily take an occasional week off with no losses what so ever. No bullshit

Hmm, guess I'll just have to try it out and see.

How do you dose it?
Squeeze the bar harder.

Get wraps if the pain persists in spite of it.

Bulldog grip

Also it's not like I'd recommend missing days but going to the gym 2 days late will do nothing bad. If you get normal sleep and eat normally then don't worry. You're too anxious about something that isn't that complicated. And since you're asking I'm sure you aren't a high-level athlete so you especially aren't susceptible to losing any minute hard fought gains in a couple days. Relax, man

what if your hobby is working out

>Bulldog grip
lol wut, that's just CORRECT grip.

Suicide grip for OHP. Don't know about bench

Best way to lose face fat?
Always had a chubby face and kinda sick of it after all of life
I assume cardio but im just asking to make sure.

I appreciate it. I'm a month into SL so I was just hoping I wouldn't have to lower my weight a shit ton

How do I achieve Rockhold mode?

find a proper hobby. Working out is just something to fit into your weeks. A necessity, like having a job.

just swim for an hour or so. Or do the 0-1 mile.

SS for a while then cut 15-20lbs of weight in a couple days

I finished six months of SL this week and now I want to look nice. what should I do now? strength has gone up a lot, but I still look like ass.

I'm 5'7, (manlet) and 180, somewhere between 25% and 20% body fat. I'm just starting, should I eat above or below matience?

I'm far more concerned with athestics than strength

Your muscle doesn't start to lose strength or size before a full week of negligence

I'm on a linear progression and last week i did ABA. This week I can't go on day 1 and 3, so I would only do another A workout. Would it be better if I did B workout instead? How about next week? And how about weights? Do I progress as normal or do the same weight as before for a workout?

So, I'm going to start lifting tomorrow, and I found this program that seems like it would work for me.

On the program, it says "choose one of the following excersises". But will I only do one excersise the entire session? That seems far stretched, So am I supposed to pick all of the excersises from "A" or just take one from A one from b and etc?

full program here if you dont understand what I mean

defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/

Sorry for bad englando and thanks

forgot pic sorry

One from A, one from B and so on.

I'm crap at English.

I don't understand something about Reg Park’s Beginner Routine.

" But unlike the more popular 5×5 “sets across” that we see in Bill Starr’s routine, Park advocated that sets 1 and 2 are to be warmups for sets 3,4 and 5. In other words, once you hit your max weight for five reps after two warmups, then crank out 3 sets of 5.

For example, say your bench press is a max of 225lbs for 5 reps (which is about 90% of 1RM), the first set would be at 60% – 135 lbs, then the next warmup set could be 80% – 185lbs. "

Can you help me complete the example above?
- First set at 60%
- Next set at 80%
- Third set at 100%?
- Fourth set at 120%?
- Fifth set at 140% ?

Thank you

4-6 exercices per day is actually a big volume. If you read the sticky, some beginner programs only have 3 exercices and are very good.

Most of the exercises in WS4SB are fairly low impact compared to the volume in SS. Only one or two balls out hard exercises per session with the rest being lighter assistance work.

Is there any way I can accurately find out what my TDEE is?
Depending on what sites I use the TDEE that's calculated is 3400-3800 which is a big fucking difference.
I'm cutting at 2000 atm and I want to know if that's too little calories to have too.

Who is your dealer?
I want what you are on, if you can progress to 140% of your 5rm on your 5th set.

What it means is.
If your working set is X
You do 2 sets sub X before 3 working sets of X

You typically work at 90% of your 5rm.

So 60%
75%
Then your working sets @90-95% 5rm

How to get to ottermode? Wiki isn't covering desired body mode.

Thank you a lot. It's very clear now.

Should I gradually put more weight for the working sets?
For example.
60%
then 75%
next is 90%
then 92%
finally 95%

Nah.

Or yeah.

Do both. Find which you like best.

do i train arms or are compounds enough for arm mass?

Cheers

Any recommended fitness apps?

What's the general consensus on tribulus?