youtu.be/eH3bbEIV_Oo?t=50
youtube.com/watch?v=l2W_R__fQaw
gmb.io/is/
youtube.com/watch?v=99OfU8SXTTo
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv9XGskry4M
youtube.com/watch?v=LCet6lU-2TQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One day I'll be able to rep out muscle ups like this

Thanks for the bwg, i need this in my life, this is just a bump and a thank you m8

How can you get into a handstand leaning against a wall?

I can just mentally imagine all the dyels with big lats and teeny tiny legs/everything else in these threads

Np
Two methods
youtu.be/eH3bbEIV_Oo?t=50
>I can just mentally imagine how dyel and teeny tiny you are to project this hard
Feel free to post your body and lifts so I can laugh at you

How long will it take me to make gains on body weight if I workout everyday?

It depends on your diet, your current stats and the types of workouts you're doing.
You should be able to notice a difference within 1-2 months of training.

Thanks fampai

I pretty much look like a T-rex with shorts and a shirt.
Im sorry to disappoint you.

Is it alright to have a day dedicated to doing hiit workouts?

Yes. Why wouldnt it be?

Yeah it's fine to do that

test

How do I train leg/erector as efficiently than in the gym ?

youtube.com/watch?v=l2W_R__fQaw
Uphill sprints are also good and plyometrics (jump training)

lol wut is this

A thread dedicated to body weight training

Any progression pics of what is possible from bodyweight training?

How well will bodyweight improve aesthetics?

You can youtube search calisthenics transformation and find a lot.

Here's me

How long did it take you guys to be able to do a proper handstand? I´ve been training for almost half a year now. Meanwhile I´m able to stand free for about 5 to 10 seconds. Problem is that it takes me about 10 trials to get one good handstand. On bad days I´m not able to do even one. Now I´m not sure how long it will take me to do a handstand without having to kick up multiple times and fall over after a few seconds.

Reasons I can't pull off handstand push-ups: this

Calf raises without any weights: pointless or not? I can crank out over a 100 per set

Hey what are some good bw approved diets? I'm 5'7" 135lb 15-20% bf

Are these bodyweight courses worth $75

gmb.io/is/

i dont think ill ever be able to do them freestanding
hopefully wall supported ones are enough

Should 6'2" 210 lbs guys do body weight exercises?

do one foot for 45 seconds

I'm 6'3 and 255 and doing bodyweight.
There are guys on youtube your size doing impressive shit.

You can and should do it too. Why? Because it's healthy as fuck for men our size and gives us great strength, flexibility and mass gains.
Something we'll need as we get older and something that can be easily transferred to other athletic and fitness endeavors.

lol no

no lol

Can I do bodyweight drills while also following a strength routine using barbells?

What do you suggest then?

the workout in the OP is pretty good
years ago convict conditioning was the shit around here but it has its fair share of problems. despite that i still love it because of its simplicity

routine?

Do you do bodyweight exclusively?

Why not do a hybrid BW/barbell routine? That's what I did until the gym I went to closed. You can develop strength as well as flexibility that way

You can develop strength as well as flexibility with bodyweight exercises as well.

Shameless selfbump

You can just follow a regular bulking diet. I make good gains eating at a 500 calorie surplus

Nice work m8.

What sort of time frame do these cover?

I like to workout outside can anyone recommend a good place to do rows outdoors?

A lake

Any parallel bars or monkey bars. Gl user

our gym has a trx hanging on the wall, you can put your foot in one of the cables so you can support yourself when doing a handstand

Combination of both bodyweight amd lifting

i have absolute shit ROM so advanced squat variations are beyond me. whats a decent BW leg exercise thatll be good for some with garbage ROM?

i might have to still go to the gym only to work legs

Bulgarian split squats or just bodyweight squats.

I'm currently working on a hybrid that I'd be willing to post here after I finish and when I get back home. It'll be probably be one weighted push and one weighted pull main movements on upper body days done at 3x5 or 5x5 then followed by bodyweight progressions. I'm thinking they'd be weighted dips (chest variation) and weighted pull ups.
Then lower body day will be back squat 3x5 and deadlift 1x5 followed by core work.
So it'd be ULxULxx.
Can anyone with more experience in bodyweight exercises see any glaring problems with this idea?
Or is full body 3x a week better?
Like AxBxAxxBxAxBxx?

Do you guys use protein, or is that mainly for weighted lifts?

think of BW and lifting weights as different ways of reaching a similar goal. so the same rules apply when dieting

if you need the protien use whey if not then dont

Im assuming you mean protein powder.
Whether you do bodyweight or weight training its completely unncessary. I use it anyway but ive ran out a few weeks ago and havent bothered to buy more.

Alright. I may get some and see how it works

Just a heads up you wont see any visible results on your body. All it does is help you achieve your protein needs. Nothing more nothing less.

My left knee is making a grinding sound anytime I do a pistol squat on my left leg. Does anyone have any advice? There's no pain by the way.

You can train handstands everyday. Whenever you think about it just do a few.
Do wall assisted handstand holds and try to work up to 1 min holds. You should do these facing the wall pushing through your shoulders, engaging your core and keeping a good body line. Try to get your hands close to the wall so you're completely vertical. Once you can do that move your hands out a bit a kick off a little and build up to 1 min from that position. Once you can do that you'll have good control at the top then it'll be just about mastering kicking up into a handstand or learning the press handstand.

Here's a good tutorial that may cover issues you're facing
youtube.com/watch?v=99OfU8SXTTo

You can do one leg calf raises but I think you get more than enough calf activation out of sprints and plyometrics.

The same as any good diet. Try to cut out processed foods, eating mostly whole foods. At that weight you should just eat around maintenance and workout more.

The top row was exclusively bodyweight
Bottom row I started doing weighted leg workouts, weighted pull ups & dips, etc

Top row over 1 year
Bottom row over another year

Nothing wrong with weighted leg workouts.
Work on your mobility everyday. You can find loads of videos about squat stretches.

This. If you find yourself failing to meet protein needs than it'll be good for you but you can get the same if not better nutrition from whole foods. Plus protein powder isn't very filling.

Nope, that sounds good. I find once you get more advanced full body workouts become futile when trying to progress as it prevents you from focusing on certain goals and exercises later on in the workout will suffer especially with squats and dead lifts as they are very taxing on the CNS.

I have an odd question lads:

I mainly do dips and chins/pull ups. I switch chins and pull ups each set.

But what I do is I focus heavily on time under tension. So I spend 3 seconds lowering myself from the bar and then I explosively do one rep of pull up or dip.

So with that in mind, my routine looks like this.

Pull ups/chins: 4x4-12
Dips: 4-12
Leg raises: 3xf

M/W/F

HIIT 5 days a week

Is this an okay routine to add size and strength with? I'm currently bulking (maybe a little too hard) so I usually end up going heavy on the dips and pull ups.

I just do sprints/burpees/swimming for legs

*Dips: 4x4-12

Whoopsie

Is this all you do? Id consider adding more exercises.
Perhaps some vertical pushing and horizontal pulling. Maybe some skill work as well.

Okay. So maybe some handstand push ups for a vertical push. What about horizontal pulling and skill work?

I'm just new to the idea of bodyweight training, after coming from a barbell oriented training schedule.

Externally rotating at the hip a little may help (pushing your knee out so it isn't directly tracking straight forward) Also stretching out your quad/knee
youtube.com/watch?v=Qv9XGskry4M

Knee sleeves may help as well.

That's actually a really good tempo because it develops control as well as explosiveness.

It will add strength and size however the issue I see with it is muscular imbalance. You don't have any vertical or horizontal pressing and no horizontal pulling. I'd suggest adding in some sort of push up variation, a handstand push up variation and a row variation.

Horizontal pulling would be ring rows. I think back and front levers qualify as well.

Shit. The only thing I really have access too would be the pull up and dip bars outside my barracks. Hmmm...

Yeah I should add handstand push ups, absolutely. I'll see about the push up and horizontal pulling work. I just have no idea what I do for those, how many sets and reps, etc.

I mean, should I bump up the sets to 5? Or is 3-4 the sweet spot? Maybe 5 sets for dips and pull ups with 3 sets of handstand push ups, some lever practice and other core work?

Sorry to be annoying, this is all just very new to me and I love the idea of getting swole and strong from purely bodyweight

Skill work means stuff like planche, front lever, back lever etc etc
And yeah some handstand work would be nice as well.

You can do rows on dip bars familia.
And you are not anoyying its good to ask questions if you are new.

yeah rows on dip bars work, if you can hold a tuck or advanced tuck frontlever you can do frontlever rows on a pull up bar.

3-5 sets is good. As long as you feel you're getting a good workout and your muscles are tired/sore after than it's working. If you find 5x12 too easy then you need to move to harder variations

I do startbodyweight.com while replacing BW squats with 5x5 barbell squat and adding 5x5 deadlift and 5x5 leg curls. Anything else I should do?

Sounds good, see how it goes and if you like it.

Here is the routine I'm working on. It's obviously a rough draft but I'm going to do tomorrow's workout, Monday, to see how it goes.

Here are pending changes as far as I'm concerned:

>I find that I can't do weighted dips twice a week, so I adapted the PHUL principle to the routine for the weighted movements, so I might make the weighted movements on Monday 3x5.

>Are face pulls even necessary? I'm doing them mainly for posture and shoulder health. Any routine I've done in the past, I've made sure face pulls got in there but maybe it's different with bodyweight exercises.

>I might add sprints to leg days and remove either squats or not run as long the day after

I didn't include mobility work, but for lower body I've always done Limber 11. For upper body, I've done the same dude's upper body mobility routine.

>Cat/cow should be 1x20

Didn't include warm up sets for weighted stuff either.

do you have a better version of that pic?
Its kinda blurry

Biggest thing i heard with bodyweight is that if you take two - three weeks off you lose a huge amount of functional strength, like being able to do 100 pull ups to barley 10. This will inevitably delay progression. Can anybody comment on this bro science?

Yeah it goes away fast but comes back real fast too.
Its just a problem when you don't recognise this and lose motivation the moment you have one shitty workout.

It really depends.
I find i lose endurance on exercises really fast but if its a strength based exercise i can usually do it just as well if not better after taling time off.

I've been doing a bunch of weighted dips recently and have been increasing the weight per workout as well.
Will this help increase how many bodyweight dips I do? I know some people who can't do 1 bodyweight squat, but can squat heavy, which is kind of ironic.

A bit.
But becoming stronger doesn't actually increase your base endurance levels if you don't train your endurance levels.

If there is a person who can squat heavy but can't do a single body weight squat then they clearly have bad form on squats and probably are't hitting parallel.

It depends on a few factors

If you can do 50 BW dips in a row
Then start doing weighted dips. Let's say you build up to 3x8 +20kg and haven't done more than 15 reps since doing weighted dips. If you go to try 50 dips you'll more than likely fail.

If you can do 10 BW dips, build up to 3x8 +20kg you will now definitely be able to do more than 10.

Weighted dips won't help much with endurance but you'll find doing dips up to a certain point (probably 15-20 reps) much easier to complete because they make the exercise easier by being stronger.

How's my routine guys?
A

Squats

Deadlifts

Dips progression
Pull ups progression

Handstand Push up progression
Row progression

Leg Raise progression

B

Squats

Push up progression
Chin ups progression

Handstand Push Up progression
Row progression

Weighted Neck Curls
Leg Raise progression

Skill work everyday (L-sit, crow stand, handstand)

It's xAxBxAxxBxAxB...
I do barbell squats and deadlifts, and the exercises that are grouped together are done in kind of a superset manner, alternating sets with 1 min rest between them.

Eccentric phase done very slowly and exercises are kept in the 3x8-10 range, except for deadlifts which are 1x5.

Looks good man

>tfw very close to holding front lever

all you guys just starting out, remember to train your back as well as your core because the asymmetry is bad for your posture and it's the main thing holding me back from front lever right now

What was your progression like?

Once the core was strong enough from l-sit I pretty much just held the bar curled up in a ball for 30s and the progression was extending the legs slightly more every session, right now I'm holding one leg out straight for 5s and one at 90 degrees, can hold the actual move itself with bad form for like half a session but I feel I can get it soon.

levers are very much a back reliant thing though like I said, had to do some supermans and that thing where you bend over a bar and lift with your lower back like pic related. please don't take advice from me though, haven't the faintest how I haven't injured myself yet

my boy campusing there looks like he's well on his way to unlocking Louis Parkinson mode. everytime I lose motivation I just watch youtube.com/watch?v=LCet6lU-2TQ

pics?

Dragons flags + front lever progressions are the best way to achieve it.

Same with reverse leg lifts and planche

wow that video is crazy

Thanks bro!

Damn, climbing is so awesome, I wish I had a wall like that

My back is horrible that I can't hold an l-sit more than a few seconds. I've beenn doing bridges to work on it and it seems to help somewhat.

Does an lsit need a strong back? I can do lsits fine... i was worried I'm not doing many back exercises... I'm just doing various push ups, pull ups, dips, lsits (pull ups and static etc) handstands againest walls..... thats basically all i do apart from cardio.

I'm not flexible in the first place so that maybe part of the problem. In additiob, ive had several stomach surgeries that has resulted in adhesions being everywhere. So, maybe some adhesions maybe sticking to my spine or back muscles, making it hard to do the exercise.

what you think about my weights + "bodyweight" (although there's added weight on every exercise but ring dips) routine? Been doing it for 2 months and bulking, I'm sure I am getting gains and increasing weight on almost every workout

Running: xxRxxRx
Lifts: ABxABxx
A
push-ups 3x5
ring dips 3x6
dumbbell military press 3x6
dumbbell flyes 3x8
skullcrushers 3x8
lateral raises 3x8
B
pull-ups 3x5
ab wheel 3x8
chin-ups 3x5
dumbbell rows 3x5
hammer curls 3x8

making my way to get to 3x8 dips and then do 3x6 with added weight, currently doing 6/6/5

I've been doing something like frequency method for my pullups everyday and it's worked well, I can do about 20 in a max set now. Is there anything I can do to get bigger/stronger lats almost daily without weighted pullups? I mean my numbers have increased a lot but not sure about size of back.

Also, can I gtg with ring dips? I can do about 4 in one set so can I do like sets of 2 or 3 throughout the day?