Post your favorite mom science

> saturated fats are sooo bad for you

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16904534/
dictionary.com/browse/product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you are a nice, handsome young man, you will get a girlfriend no problem!

Zero calorie products are good for you.

>what is water

You know what I meant.

Hit too close to home.

>I can't keep paying for your gym membership, user. You're 28, can you at least look for a job as hard as you do your body pumping?

Water isn't a product, coke zero isn't justifiable because it has 0 calories

>saturated fats are sooo bad for you
they are linked to heart disease nigger

>Use your huge throbbing cock to shoot your load into my pussy before dad gets back, don't want him to beat us again!

>GIRLS DONT LIKE BELOW 20% BODYFAT

>tells me eating candy is bad for me
>offers to make pasta

>implying somehow diet drinks and foods are bad for you
>reading shitty science journals that take correlational evidence and brand it as the truth
>not reading peer reviewed studies that prove there is no causal connection between sweeteners like aspartame and any disease

This is a mom science thread. Not and actual science thread.

You're a free loading piece of shit. Get a job you NEET bastard

>you're going to be a heartbreaker when you grow up

>linked

If you read you would find that the real reason is sugar. High blood sugar causes inflammation of the arterial wall which causes fats and cholesterol to build up. The correlation is because most people who consume large amounts of sat fats also consume a lot of sugar. Saturated fat is actually quite healthy, especially omega 3, because it strengthens cell membranes and prevents inflammation.

"You know paleo is the way our ancestors ate"

>water isn't a product
>I can't go to the store and purchase it

>"You're so handsome!"

Fuckin lying cunt swer 2 christ il deck u

new coffee diet

two cups a day, 5lb a week lost

Omega 3 is an unsaturated fat that is almost exclusively found in saturated fats. The argument still stands. Saturated fats being bad for you is a meme. Doesn't mean I'm going to go eating a stick of butter. I think the best argument is that over eating and high sugar intake are unhealthy

Kekd

raypeat

sugar is the main macro
>milk, fruit, potato

Everytime.

>Unsaturated fats found in saturated fats
You've never studied chemistry, have you?

Most people can't process lactose, you shouldn't eat too much fruit, and potatoes are full of starch which is one source that fat people get their blood sugar spiked. Carbs may be the main macro, but if it's a starch or simple carb you should limit it. The longer the chain of sugar molecules the better. Aka whole grains, sprouts, cruciferous veggies etc.

>tfw i listened to moms advice about being nice/caring/gentle to women
>tfw i never got any girls using said advice
>tfw got rejected left and right and made fun of
>tfw i listened to dads advice about being a dick/asshole to women
>tfw i got girls left and right
>tfw i realized a super majority of women like to be put down/dominated
>tfw some lady told me ima make a great husband one day while trying on glasses
>she probably thought i was some nice guy nerd that would let a women use me up
>she doesn't know i'm now a complete asshole to girls but bros with guys

I don't understand Veeky Forums, i'm happy that my dad gave me chad advice but the realization gives me a sad view of women overall, if only someone would've told me this sooner

examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/

I'm a Chem major and yes they're soluble in each other.

>implying you can't mix the 2

Just because one has cis double bonds on the triglyceride chain doesn't mean it can't interact with the single bonds on the saturated fats triglyceride chains. That's the reason you can add vegetable oil to butter to increase the burn point.

ray peat (80 years old, healthy, never sold anything) says the opposite.

people can't digest lactose? warm the milk up to hot chocolate temp and you can digest any amount of it. improve thyroid and you can digest cold milk

whole grains and crucfers inhibit calcium absorption and also are bad for metabolism, and they take longer to digest.

simple sugars are easy to digest and raise metabolism. healthier gut.

If it's any consolation, there are girls who can handle the bants and don't like being put down but act bro tier. That's how I met my gf of 5+ years now. She acted like a complete dude in terms of chill, personality and banter. You'll find one. She likes being dominated, just not put down. Domination for girls is usually letting go of control or in her words "makes her feel protected" Granted, I don't slap her or talk shit to her. I just tell her she's mine while fucking her silly and hard.

Nice bait dude. I guess warming up milk just allows those without the gene that keeps producing lactase into adulthood to start producing it again

>reading studies instead of factable medical literature

U so dumb

How can I tell if I'm one of these magical people who can't drink milk? I have milk every day and it only occasionally gives me a pimple or two.

thanks but i've been on ray peat diet for a while, not bait it's really easy to get protein and tastes really good and it's healthy

You can tell by the fact that your body rejects the lactose and causes your digestive system to become irritated. You start shitting, farting, and burping a lot.

Intense shits and stomach discomfort. Lactase pills temporarily negate the effect.

Medical literature is a lot of correlation and little causation. I only read studies that provide a mechanism of action

I only fart when I drink a full shaker of water, oats, peanut butter and some whey in a few minutes and I shit once a day, sometimes twice. Guess I'm fine then.

That may be, but I'm sure you're not spiking your blood sugar by eating massive amounts of calories. Anybody eating reasonable amounts of food should be fine.

>So what was in that ice cream stuff you made yesterday?
>Cottage cheese as the base. Peanut butter unsweetened cocoa powder with some...
>Ugh. Of course it's unsweetened. All that fake sugar isn't good for you.
>There's nothing wrong with it
>Yes, there is! Theyve done studies!
>And the FDA said it's fine. Which it is.
>Look, your cousin was pre diabetic and she was guzzling all of that fake sugar. It was messing with her system. She was having to take some sort of T shot! Now, she gave that up, moved back to normal amounts of regular sugar and she says she feels much much better. She's less tired and...
>Ma, she was, and is also still, obese. If anything is causing her health problems, it's not fake sugar. It's the fact that she did, and still has a serious weight problem.
>user, its not good for you

And on and on and on....

A lot of times whey is low in lactose because of how they process it

Medical literature also provide a mechanism of action you idiot

i will go but this is food ray peat promotes

You missed the part where I drink milk every day.

I have about 2 cups of milk with oats for breakfast every morning.

>6-7 small meals a day
>fruit is bad for you because sugar

That last one is broscience, too.

The foods highest in omega 3 are various nuts and seeds, some veggies, and fish, none of which are high in saturated fats.

I'll let the medical community know about your expert hypothesis from a guy who thinks omega-3 polyunsaturated fats are a type of saturated fat

My dad believed the cold water and warm water pores bullshit.

>go on a cut
>"you should eat more user, losing weight is not healthy"
>am literally the only person in my house that's non a MINUMUM of 50lbs overweight

Too many simple sugars is one of the main causes of fucked up gut flora, what are you talking about?

Yeah? Well then you obviously haven't read it. Aspartame is safely converted to D-aspartic acid, an amino acid, which is then pissed out after your kidneys process it. Also the amounts used in soda are so minuscule it's unlikely they would have an effect either way

*The abyss, the terrible abyss.

no

At least one person said that to you.

Omega 3 from plant sources don't convert to DHA efficiently. And both nuts and fish do have quite a bit of saturated fats. All you have to do is look on the nutrition labels.

You quote wrong your post dude, also that's basic as fuck

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16904534/

Just because I got one thing wrong doesn't mean I ducked up the rest dude. I'm sure you have so much tenure under your belt you've never made a mistake

>Omega 3 from plant sources don't convert to DHA efficiently.

Has nothing to do with anything

>And both nuts and fish do have quite a bit of saturated fats

It's like a 1:10 ratio or higher of saturated to unsaturated

Dad: You're Handsome, you know that?
>70lbs overweight

>Reducing the incidence of coronary heart disease with diet is possible. The main dietary strategies include adequate omega-3 fatty acids intake, REDUCTION OF SATURATED and trans-fats, and consumption of a diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains and low in refined grains.
>Dietary patterns high in refined starches, sugar, and SATURATED and trans-fatty acids, poor in natural antioxidants and fiber from fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and poor in omega-3 fatty acids may cause an activation of the innate immune system, most likely by an excessive production of proinflammatory cytokines associated with a reduced production of anti-inflammatory cytokines.

It's agreed upon that there is an inflammatory component to heart disease. Where you're being crazy is by saying the entire process is purely due to inflammation, specifically from sugar. That's not a mainstream theory because that's fucking stupid.

Adding vegetable oil doesn't increase the smoke point of butter. Butter has a lot of proteins that break down at relatively low temperatures; adding oil merely dilutes the milk proteins, which still start smoking at the same temperature regardless of how diluted they are

dictionary.com/browse/product

i'll let you figure it out on your own.

2 cups lol

try like 2 pots, mortal

>arguing science on a colombian dating site

Damm why is everyone here so dumb?

Alright dude. I'm wrong. My bad, I won't pretend to be right like everyone on this board expects. Still the point is that people use one thing to justify eating a lot of something else and demonizing something that has no reason to be demonized when used in moderation. Just like sugar. Fair?

It's just how it goes. People on an anonymous board getting butthurt despite the fact that the other party will never know who they are. Kinda interesting actually.

> Still the point is that people use one thing to justify eating a lot of something else

Nobody uses the fact that saturated fats are unhealthy to say that refined sugar is fine to eat. People either accept that both aren't good for you, or they do what you did and try to say sugar is bad so therefore saturated fats can't be bad.

cmon man

That's what they did when they said that fats were bad. People would blindly buy anything "low fat." Including smoothies and things loaded with sugar. I guess they didn't actively seek out sugar, but they blatantly disregarded nutritional information because of low fat marketing campaigns. The same thing is happening right now with low carb.

>Your sister did gymnastics for 5 years!
>She even taught it for 3 of those!
>What? Just because that was 10 years ago doesn't change anything!
>She said that meat causes cancer
>You should be a vegetarian like her, it will help you lift those weights more!
>Oh, milk is very bad for you! Your sister said that it's better to drink juice. Less nasty fats, haha

I've been doing karate for a bit over 10 and counting, plus I teach it too. Yet for some reason my sister's stupid bullshit is treated as gospel, but my words are basically treated as if it's a retard spewing out bullshit. Best part? My sister is an alcoholic who has done a lot of drugs, and it definitely shows in her stamina and physical ability.

Oh, and my favourite? At my party, I overheard this:
>Person 1
"Nah, my brother almost got into the army. He told me it's better to not focus so much on running, y'know? Hard on the joints. Better to just play lots of team sports."
>Person 2
"I'm not so sure; for me it-"
>Person 1
"Hey, my brother almost joined the army! He knows more about it than you!"

Person 1's brother didn't even get through the application stage. Person 2 was in basic training for the army, but got an unavoidable injury and had to drop out near the end. He's been told that he should definitely try again, and he was slated to retry. He's probably off marching or some shit right now.
THe worst mumscience is when people believe others for literally no good reason.

>being a medfag
>never have to deal with shit like that
>feels good man

how do you restrain yourself from punching these people

i am so fucking lucky my dad lifts

>you already ate today user! you dont need any more food

>there's nothing wrong with sugar, it's pure energy

This triggered me

I had the opposite problem where my mom was open about her intentions to sabotage my relationships and my dad thought I was just too autistic to actually find a gf.

>Grandma: "all that proteins bad for you"
>"creatine is bad for you I heard"
>"the reason your fuckin balls itch is because of all that working out"
Replace "fuckin balls" with anything, its still lifting weights fault

I'm an engineering student, but there are 2 other engineers in the family, all of us being different disciplines. The civil guy is a cousin and doesn't spout much bullshit, but my Dad is mechanical and spouts so much bro tier bullshit I'm suprised it isn't overflowing. They usually side with me, but when they don't, it's hard to convince people I'm right when fully qualified engineers are telling them I'm wrong.

I wish I was a medfag, but I'm honestly probably not smart enough to be one. W...what's it like, user, to have people believe you?

It's tough man. My Dad lifts, but did so in the 80's, when apparently the body worked differently and he could curl 2pl8 or some ludicrous bullshit. Once he told me SS wouldn't improve my lifts. Something about rep ranges and not enough isolations. I kinda tuned out after the first few convos.

I'm actually so annoyed that despite me being the most physically oriented person in my extended family, I'm the one known for liking sci fi and fantasy shit. Recently it's migrated to me being the one that likes alcohol (despite my sister being a high functioning alco). One of my uncles and one of my other aunts are both Veeky Forums, and were honestly shocked when I struck up a convo about hiking with them.

I'm glad somebody else feels the rage, user. My sister recently started up karate for some superficial reason, and has so far attended a grand total of 5 classes in 3 months. Yet everybody is raving about how amazing she is for starting something so cool and following in my Dad's (high ranking karateka) footsteps. Nevermind the fact that I've been doing it since late 2005, and I'm still doing it now at 18 years old. I even got told by a family member that "because of your sister's gymnastics background she'll probably be better than you in a few months, haha! Better keep training!"

My sister now even feels qualified to correct me on martial arts matters. There have been some rage inducing moments.

>are you eating steak again user. All that red meat is bad for you.
Goes and eats an entire packet of chocolate biscuits.

>Tfw family tells you this
>Friends tell you this
>Girl you like tells you this
They're all fucking with me. I'm 100% certain they all met up and decided to fucking lie to my face because I'm actually so ugly they just pity me and can't say the truth.

SHIT I'm the one known for being the low key weeb (Only because I watch some anime) and not the kid who's "taller and bigger than anyone else in the family" I'm never getting a gf because of that senpai. I've already committed to wizardry and I'm only 21. Defeat has been accepted

>I had the opposite problem where my mom was open about her intentions to sabotage my relationships

Tell us more user, get into details

Nobody has posted the classic "You don't need to diet or lift weights, you just need to tone!"

>user, I wish you could get a job. I know things have been hard since you had to move back in.
>why haven't you made any friends? Do you miss the ones back in Arizona?
>I'm glad you're going to the gym, but I hope you get into that job you applied for!
>it's okay user, everyone gets rejected at-least once

Don't worry senpai. I have a masterplan. You see, my sister gets away with this shit by being charismatic, and I got this reputation because I was a turbonerd who couldn't talk to people without an irl Veeky Forums stutter. But with me finally reaching 18 last year, I can drink, and the amount I've learned about social skills from hanging out in bars is insane. I've already begun the process. At an Aunt's birthday, my sister was being her normal drama queen, arrogant asshole self, but I quietly did my thing and did my "make friends at a party" routine. This was when I was talking to a (different) aunt and uncle about hiking.

Results were amazing. Sister even made a joke about how it looks like Dad's side of the family likes me better now. Literally nobody commented, except a cousin of my grandmother saying "Oh, we still like you!" When a bunch of people ask you to try jelly shots with them, but they ignore your usually social sister standing next to you, it is the best feeling. Even her then boyfriend was ignoring her when we were stalking about Force Awakens.

Don't accept defeat yet, user. If I'm able to slowly undo the damage, you can too. And don't get too accustomed to wizardry yet; you still have 19 years to do it.

We...we're gonna make it user. I believe in us.

I'm still gonna rage like fuck to Veeky Forums about all the dumb shit my immediate and close extended family says though.

Sounds like me right now. Finally got a job as a server. Should make about $15-16/hr with tips. I hate the feeling of having to ask for money. I just want to be self sufficient

It's no wonder they weren't taking you seriously when you were that young, user. No fault of your own.

>be 18
>just graduate high school
>go to a community college in another city for film because I genuinely want to get into the industry and make movies
>room with two good friends for 2 and a half years
>pretty nice apartment, even if it is small
>make shitloads of friends
>move states to get a bachelors because parents insist
>the university fucking sucks
>new mexico fucking sucks
>the people fucking suck
>everything's expensive
>drop out of college because a film degree is not fucking worth $35k of debt
>can't afford to move
>get disqualified for full-time job due to missing drug test date when I was out-of-state
>call parents crying asking for money
>finally suffer mental breakdown after neighbors start drunkenly screaming and slamming their door for the second time that week
>move
>get shit-tier job
>not working where I want to be
>not near my friends
>in a town I don't know
>with no money

and I'm still fat so that doesn't help either

I always have the last word about any healt, nutritional and fit subject in my family, no matter how they defend their arguments (articles, studies, books) I will always have the reason, glad because they're usually wrong about their ideas

Thats rough user. Yeah school in the States is expensive. One of the US main exports is education, so it's can't be subsidized like other countries. One of the reasons we can't have subsidized education is because we would lose tax money and increase government spending in the process. It's unsustainable in such a large country. I also hate the government so there's that.

The next stage is to realize how small your family is and stop caring what they think.

University will be good for you. Build your reputation right, never piss all over it for minor wins but keep putting yourself out there and taking risks.

Stop playing vidya, it's boring anyway.

True, but I have a few cousins my age, and they respond better to me now too. Next challenge is Mum's side of the family. I've already started (sister was talking about some hipster assed craft beer; they just wanted to hear about the vodka cocktail I'd made a few minutes ago). I think that honestly they just saw me as "X's little brother" and that made them think of me as a kind of black sheep. It's nice they;'re starting to see me as not a retarded spergemperor, though.

That sounds fucking amazing, user. And you sound like a bro for actually listening to their bullshit and taking time to correct them. Any fun stories?

I should've just stayed in AZ and made films with friends there. There is an active film community even if there isn't a film incentive. It's also actually affordable to live in most of Phoenix too, even in fucking tempe where ASU is.

Moving to Santa Fe was the biggest fucking mistake of my life. I lost all my connections, I dropped out, lost confidence, wasted 2 years, and on top of all this my cousin fucking died.

I miss my friends so much. They were people I've hung out with since literally before I could remember.

The fuck? I don't even