I just joined crossfit at the local crossfit box. I find it fun and a great way to exercise...

I just joined crossfit at the local crossfit box. I find it fun and a great way to exercise. I do my 3x5 before the class starts. I find it pretty fun and a great way to socialize and make new friends.
Why does Veeky Forums hate crossfit so much?
Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

europepmc.org/abstract/med/24276294
youtu.be/rp0iI7GP3OU
irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5075
youtu.be/YNvXZ7p7Z8E?t=196
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because its expensive, encourages bad form and the routines give you NO GAINS

>Expensive
It's gym membership + like $30 a month, plus I'm rich so doesn't matter really.
>Encourages bad form
Literally the first thing they teach is proper form on all the lifts.
>NO GAINS
depends on your definition of "gains".

How to do things wrong properly more like it.
I suggest you do normal weightlifting to make gains as your core exercising as you're doing and just have fun doing Crossshit since it really burns a lot of calories. Just don't do any of that kipping shit and don't go super heavy so that you can preserve your joints and spine.

>Why does Veeky Forums hate crossfit so much?

because there are tons of shitty crossfit gyms across the country who upload videos of people doing ridiculous shit and give them a terrible name

also the workouts are dumb

Also the CF Fail videos, half of which aren't even from Crossfiters.

>paying $200/month for sub par coaching, shitty equipment and exercise programs that have no long term periodization which focus on making you feel like you've exercised rather than making any progress

Kekkles and shekels

I think crossfitness in and of itself is great for general fitness. If you're into building a slimmer, fit body. However, I am more interested in pure strength training/gaining mass now and no longer do it.

I like crossfit. But I dislike crossfitters.

>VERY expensive classes/memberships for what it an incredibly barebones workout with minimal equipment.
>Extreme holier-than-thou attitude about crossfit vs. general weightlifting/fitness
>Generally populated by millenials that "want to be different" by doing alternative workouts (see also: rock climbing). Likely paying for classes with parents credit card.
>At least 80% of crossfitters are there to be seen and to socialize. And also to tell other people that they are doing crossfit.
>The workouts typically aren't what most people here are looking for, I think they are better suited to girls or fat guys who are more interested in losing weight. Women and fat guys aren't looking to "get big" (usually)

That being said, if it works for you and you like it. Do it OP. Have a blast, it can be intense and I enjoyed it for sometime myself despite the reasons I listed for leaving it. There is not single "correct way" to approach fitness. Crossfit is one of many, many valid approaches. Just be careful, the real enthusiasts have an almost cult-like vibe about them.

The snobby crossfitter attitude towards weightlifting is retarded. They insist that people doing "old school" lifts are wasting their time. Then they'll pull up some picture of some famous crossfitter obviously on a lot of gear.

"See user, he ONLY does crossfit. Still think regular weightlifting is better?"

It's overpriced, but more importantly, there's no long term plan. It's exercise, not training. You just do a bunch of random shit which is so different from one another, that you'll gain pretty much nothing from it, except conditioning. And if you want conditioning, there are far better ways to gain it than kipping pull ups and high rep olympic lifts. As far as socializing goes, I go to the gym to train, not stand around and chit chat, but that's just me, I suppose.

>How to do things wrong properly
Nope

>Don't do that kipping bullshit
Obviously I won't

As I said in the OP, I'm doing my 3x5 worksets, then I join the ongoing class, the circuits are very fun and give you a challenge ad they change every day, I got bored from just running every day. Plus the coaches all seem to be chill, they aren't snobby as I've heard, they even recommended that I finish my own workout then join them when their doing metacon (basically HIIT and circuits etc.).

But I still dont get why it gets a bad rep on Veeky Forums. All the guys that signed up at the box are fitter than Veeky Forums, there's a 70 year old """English""" pajeets who can deadlift more than I can. And q couple of 60-somthing year old retired guys from the Navy and air force, the atmosphere is great there too and has helped me with my social anxiety.
I signed up for one month just to try it own and it's priddy good so far.

It's circuit training with Olympic lifts. The emphasis on speed and reps per exercise may lead to injuries resulting from improper form, ego-lifting and overexertion.

The subculture is also pretty obnoxious, but what subculture isn't?

>plus I'm rich so doesn't matter really.
You being rich or not in no way affects the argument that it's too expensive, dipshit.

And yeah, horrendous form and no gains still stand.

It's either a bait thread or you're very dumb. 3/10 made me reply.

The only defining feature of crossfit are the WODs and most of them are complete garbage.

There is no extreme difference in injury rate between crossfit and other comparable sports like for example weightlifting

There actually is. It's significantly higher than oly and powerlifting (both of which are higher than BBing) and more or less equivalent to Strongman and Highland Games.

Not a super high injury risk as far as sports overall go though.

source for that claim?
>An injury rate of 3.1 per 1000 hours trained was calculated. No incidences of rhabdomyolysis were reported. Injury rates with CrossFit training are similar to that reported in the literature for sports such as Olympic weight-lifting, power-lifting and gymnastics and lower than competitive contact sports such as rugby union and rugby league. Shoulder and spine injuries

europepmc.org/abstract/med/24276294

1. "Too expensive" is a relative term that depends on your salary, inflation, the place you live in and the service you are getting. It has no use in a logical argument.

2. literally the first thing you are taught is proper form.

3. Define : gains

I'll see if I can dig up the exact study. It's a fairly recent one.

That one's a terrible study by the way, comparing apples to oranges for the injury rate.

Why not join a weightlifting gym instead?
Do the real shit

Okay, failing on getting a direct link since my uni access has apparently lapsed. If you want to dig it up (feel free to disbelieve me, since I'm not providing the direct cite) it's discussed on ep 374 of Iron Radio.

You're insulting my trips
1. Too expensive is relative to what other services offer the money.

3. gains = muscle, of which crossdressing gets you none

2. let's just see it from the crockshitter games youtu.be/rp0iI7GP3OU

Roided up chicks with bent backs dropping barbells

you honestly think they know jack shit on how to properly snatch or C&J? boy i hope you join that fucking gym and slip several disks because being this ignorant should be fucking banned

>Results of the 20 studies included in this systematic review suggest that most of the weight
training sports have injury rates of ~1-2 injuries per athlete per year and ~2-4 injuries per 1000
hours of training/competition exposure. The majority of injuries reported in these studies were
of minor or moderate severity and affected the shoulder, lower back and knee. While the injury
epidemiology was relatively similar across the six weight training sports, Highland Games (7.5
injuries per 1000 hours) and strongman (5.5 injuries per 1000 hours) appeared to have higher
rates of injury than the other four sports.
They literally have the same conclusion on the point injury rate of crossfit power and weightlifting as a I mentioned above because they are only reviewing other studies they even reference the crossfit study i posted above

1. a Lexus 570 is too expensive for me, a friend of mine uses it for farm work because to him its dirt cheap. people say something is “expensive” when what they really mean is “I can’t afford it.”

Just because they can’t pay for something at the moment doesn’t necessarily mean something is expensive or overpriced. It just means they don’t have the money. Not the same thing.

>the coaches at my gym teach proper form
>here, look at this guy using bad form
>therefore your coach doesnt teach proper form

3. for you

look at the OP, i AM in a gym, i paid for the gym membership + around $40 for the crossfit access.

yeah pretty much, two of the coaches were in the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee since 2005, they got out and started coaching crossfit because of the higher pay.

I stand corrected.

>Just because they can’t pay for something at the moment doesn’t necessarily mean something is expensive or overpriced. It just means they don’t have the money. Not the same thing.
true, but irrelevant

1. Objectively it's more expensive than a normal gym membership or a home gym.
2. And the second thing you learn is kipping and egolifting
3. The simple fact that you don't understand people mean hypertrophy and strength muscle gains show what kind of people go to crossfit.

But if this shit is what you wan by all means knock yourself out. Probably literally if you do crossfit.

>This shoe is too big for me
>But to small for you
>Therefore the shoe is too big for everyone

I rarely see bad form on oly lifts, and when I do it's on 1RMs.

1.if that's how it is, then a home gym is more expensive that not lifting at all. Shit kill yourself, it's cheaper than living.

2. Nope, second thing you learn is the press and the push press. Kipping pull ups are taught later on. They're not "cheating pull ups", they're just another exercise. It's like saying the push press is an easier strict press.

3.there are cardiovascular gains, endurance gains, social gains. Do you even Veeky Forums?

Isn't that the study that the NSCA published then later admitted had false elements in court under oath?

who keeps making all these fresh memes.

0.02$ has been awarded to your account, thank you for your dedication in spreading the word of CrossFit™!

>look I'm making an analogy that's still irrelevant

as said before, expensive as "more expensive than a simple gym membership" dumbass

0.02$ has been awarded to your account, thank you for your dedication in keeping CrossFit™ a well reputed brand!

>Just because they can’t pay for something at the moment doesn’t necessarily mean something is expensive or overpriced. It just means they don’t have the money. Not the same thing.

The other way around cocksucker

Yet cheaper than my previous gym.
"Expensive" is a relative term. An undeniable truth.

>It's a "retard tries to justify himself to evade buyers remorse"

Already signed the contract eh?

>The "Shill" fallacy
My military job pays me good thank you very much.

>The Sport of Fitness(tm)
>thinking kipping makes the exercise legit when it takes the majority of the work out of it
>uploads videos like this gif onto YT making themselves look like idiots

>Buyers remorse
Lol poor people problems
I paid for the 1 month subscription with some money laying around in my glove box

>military ever paying well enough that you can waste money on shit
lmfaooooool
I thought you're one of these retarded kids that inherited more money than brain but youre not only stupid but also poor, often goes hand in hand

I adopt a lone wolf mentality when I train. Fuck that social bullshit

>Guy doing deadlifts
>"Hey that's not a squat that's a deadlift!"

>Guy doing kipping pullups
>"Hey that's not a pullup that's a kipping pullup!"

Some good unbiased reading regarding Crossfit

irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5075

>Why does Veeky Forums hate crossfit so much?
It's social and costs more money and isn't the single most efficient way to build muscle so sperglords aren't the target audience.
Other than that it's mostly prejudice and ignorance as you've probably noticed from this thread.
>guy at the gym lifts weight with bad form
What an idiot he didn't even read SS.
>guy at the crossfit gym lifts weight with bad form
Crossfit is so bad lol.

>user using shit analogies again
Deadlifts are easy to distinguish from squats. Both are two separate exercises.

Kipping pull-ups is using momentum to swing yourself above the bar, whereas a pull up, you actually "pull" yourself above the bar. Just because it has "pull-up" in its name doesn't make it so.

>guy at the gym lifts weight with bad form
>What an idiot he didn't even read SS.
>guy at the crossfit gym lifts weight with bad form
>Crossfit is so bad lol.

Difference is one of them pays twice or thrice the amount to have a "coach" on site you turd.

>Martial arts gym has bad teachers
Just find a better gym man are you retarded?
>Crossfit gym has bad coaches
Crossfit such a piece of shit lmfao

>2. literally the first thing you are taught is proper form.

youtu.be/YNvXZ7p7Z8E?t=196

Let's watch the CrossFit Games and find out!

This.

>no gains

This is true just from my experience. I have two friends that do Crossfit. One is fucking jacked and huge, but he works out at my gym beforehand and does another routine.
My other friend has crazy arm genetics. He trains arms only 3x a week and they're also huge. Everything else in his routine is Crossfit. Everywhere else on him is pretty small.

Pretty much the only valid reply. They rest is just throwing shit around while in the bandwagon.
Anyways I've had fun. Gtg sleep fagits see you tomorrow.

Because crossfit tends to be expensive and run by total retards. Its a dangerous dollarsuck.

Putting that aside, done as a primary exercise really just isn't smart. If its done in conjunction with a sport, or lifting or literally any other exercise, it can be great. But by itself it just doesn't measure up, and its a social club for some of the worst, most annoying and vapid people. (Not saying everybody there is like that, they just stand out more).

You sound like Eliot Rodgers, the middle class and the rich live pretty much the same in most 1st world countries. Owning a flashy bmw and having a 800 dollar phone is retarded and new money tier.

Nope you mean "Crossfit-Based High-Intensity Power Training Improves Maximal Aerobic Fitness and Body Composition" which they got sued for and lost

>there's a 70 year old """English""" pajeets who can deadlift more than I can
so you're weak as fuck and
you have no real experience with exercise and proper form
and you're here shilling crossfit just to justify your poor decision

fuck

off

why are you replying on behalf of my post mate? (but I also work in the military)

>the middle class and the rich live pretty much the same in most 1st world countries.

Oh, oh my god.
You honestly believe that.

No little buddy, you being a permanent debt slave so you can live ghetto rich for a few years before losing everything is not the same as living like a rich person in the first world.

How about you face some facts instead of just parroting Veeky Forums bro science

>I can justify flushing money down the toilet because I have a lot of it!!

I mean all the power to you, but you're still retarded. Military money ain't a lot either, bub. You'd best be saving and investing the shit out of it, or get ready for the nice wake-up call when you're out.

Are you looking for approval or something? Who are you trying to convince?

it's like a human crankshaft...

"Martial Arts" isn't a standardized brand. CrossFit is.

omg we should turn crossfit gyms into electricity producing goldmines

honestly depends on the coach
the 2 in my city are decent. one of them have a couple people who placed in their world event shit but they jacked the prices because of that, then there's another one thats run by an ex varsity football player who studied sport science or something along those lines. he's really good as well.
desu crossfit is fine if you have good trainers but the majority of them are shit that have no clue what they're doing

>retard still can't into analogies
Crossshit is a brand, if the trainer's at no point are told to emphasize form, then where else it's gonna come from.

Do you even lift?

>if that's how it is, then a home gym is more expensive that not lifting at all
>homegym
>expensive

a years membership in a gym is more than enough to buy a homegym and a years membership in a crossfit gym is enough for you to buy expensive shit for your homegym

holy shit OP you're completely retarded

Because they're irresponsible about form and general safety, causing people to snap their shit

Jesus christ make it stop

Horrible form. He could have been doing real lifting with proper form instead of that snap town express crossmeme.

>hitching
>no lift

Dear god.

that could just be her setting up for the deadlift, though? the weight isn't off the ground yet.

>youtu.be/YNvXZ7p7Z8E?t=196
that last chick.

holy fuck she was 2 seconds away from OGAR-town

>She is an Olympic athlete

really makes you think

it is not durin the deadlift ladder this year you saw a lot of shitty form men and women but that is also the case in a lot of powerlifting meets
hitching is not against the rules...its a fucking contest he is there to win not to lift "properly"

Veeky Forums is all about aesthetics, no true fitness.

what in the god damn name of fuck

>crossfit
>lift properly
choose one and only one. dumbass

>depends on your definition of "gains"
There aren't really multiple definitions of "gains," faggot.

the problem in this case is not that the games athletes do not know proper form or do not train with proper form, the problem is if it is a competition people will go over their limit wich is ok if you have strict judging of a lift like in oly or the ipf if you do not have these rules or bad judges (like the games notriously do) you will always get to see shit like that because it enables people to lift more and win.

This is my main issue with crossfit.

Crossfit has tons of inherent flaws, and it's usually up to the teacher or crossfitter to correct them, at which point they're not in line with Crossfit's original vision.

It's like churches who accept gay people and say their religion doesn't hate them. Like, if you were peaceful, you wouldn't need to correct your own scripture.

>that backsnap form from the Dancer guy

What in the fuck

Your typing looks like the language center of your brain did 20 years of crossfit.

This youtube channel is awesome.
Thank you user

costing a lot and being ocerpriced are different things

So why are you going to the doctor?
>My back hurts
Could it be all that Olympic lifting at high reps "for time" degrading your form?
>No way!

How Crossfit injuries go unreported. They're so caught up in the cult that they'll hide the dangers even if they've been affected. Probably because most crossfitters are stubborn and have a holier than thou attitude. So naturally they don't want to admit they were wrong.

pic very related.

Nice blog post faggot

Overpriced "conditioning" with no real structure and often dangerous movements, like kipping muscle-ups. I wouldn't hate so much, but the lack of integrity from the whole scene is annoying.

You understand that the problem is that throwing out the form meams throwing out the athleticism of it all. It's just fucking unimpressive but here you praising it like the be all end all of fitness. Why do you give a shit anyways? Go do a muscle up and shut your fucking mouth?

did you think this post through? why did you use two huge guys as examples for no gains

She started to pull there, watch the video gayzeus christ

Lol the crossfit down the road from me are charging 37.50 a week