Veeky Forums, for bad knees can I do a cardio warm up with battle ropes instead of jogging...

Veeky Forums, for bad knees can I do a cardio warm up with battle ropes instead of jogging? normally I do 20 minutes jogging or jumping jacks first, but obviously can't anymore

Bump, thanks.

Why not look for the reason you have bad knees. It's so common, yet such a lazy excuse. Knee injuries are actually extremely easy to treat. Why not be proactive about it? You fucking pussy.

Ok Ok fine, but can I use battle ropes as cardio warm ups?

fix your knee problems 1xF

you probably don't foam roll or stretch nearly enough; get on it

battleropes? lol wut. why the f would you call it battleropes? your not in any sort of combat. how autistic lmao.

>why the f
>calls others autists

You can do any sort of activity which raises your heartbeat into the appropriate range, as warm up.
Always do your warm up lightweight sets for each exercise.

>Olympic swimmer
>has to go running for warm up

Fuck off you numpty.
Cycle, rowing machine, raping

Just elevate your heart rate and limber up.

that exercise is more for core stability more than anything so you're asking if this will replace running? Find a decent incline and buy a weighted vest and walk faster than normal.

You really are a cunt if you need to be told this or lazy or just fucking dumb. You haven't ruined your knees, they've just given up on your pathetic ass

I don't understand. Are they on opposite sides of the same rope?

>Knee injuries are actually extremely easy to treat
Not necessarily

Cycling, it strengthens the muscles around your knees.

>Knee injuries are actually extremely easy to treat.
Holy shit Veeky Forums you can twist reality so much to fit your stupid agenda it's incredible.
>I know nothing about you but I probably know better than your doctor still and you're likely just making excuuussseeeess

OP, swimming, rowing, battle rope are all perfectly legit for warmups.

Yes, that's fine, OP. Rowing, riding a stationary bike, pushing a sled, and indeed working up a sweat by squatting the bar for 2-3 sets of 10 (or doing complexes like the cool kids over in /owg/)are all perfectly good warmups.

Actually, I think running is a pretty bad warmup. Relatively high risk of injury, hard to scale, low ROM. Gotta run if it's required for your sport, of course, but otherwise I say ditch it and don't look back.

So what's a good warm up then? How about cattleball swings

Rowing for 10 minutes works very well.

>pushing a sled, and indeed working up a sweat by squatting the bar for 2-3 sets of 10 (or doing complexes like the cool kids over in /owg/)are all perfectly good warmups.

The OP said they have bad knees.
Do you understand what that means?

That jumpy complexes are probably a bad idea, but squatting, RDLs, pressing, rows, and pushing a sled (seriously, try it if you haven't, people think it's some kind of YOLO HARDKORE XFIT!!! but it's actually very easy on the joints) are all totally doable with correct form.

This. Knee pain can be a result of tightness or knotting in the muscles attaching at the knee joint. Typically your vastus lateralis or medialis are the culprit.

Foam roll.

Really.

Foam roll.

sucking cock if you ask such ridiculous questions

Swings are actually an excellent warm up