Gods... I hate Gauls

>Gods... I hate Gauls.

Which new fantasy game is this?

say that to me in real life not online see what happens

It's extremely historically accurate. Pic related.

>GIANT
>ENEMY
>CRAB

TRIARII!!

*breathes in*

>accept or we will attack
>please do not attack

Holy shit, Rome II was such a downgrade from Shogun 2

>Lose almost every city
>Pay us 30,000 Denarii.

>accept or we will attack
>become client state
>accept
>they attack me anyway
n-nani?

>it is time to seize the bloodshed [ceasefire]
>make counter offer: ceasefire + gift of 500 florins
>hmm... i'm afraid i cannot accept [just rejected]

DeI makes it somewhat bearable. Plus there’s Attila.

I think he was talking visually. Rome II looks like shit and piss due to the brown and yellow filters. The crisp and colorful graphics of Shogun 2 were so much better.

There are graphics mods to help with that, though I will agree that Shogun 2 under the right conditions looks great.

Rome total war

MY FATHER HATED GAULS AS WELL

It was even better on release

Thanks SEGA.

And this.

didn't the update DLC for Rome 2 make the political system really good? how is it with DeI?

Gods, I hate bumps.

the new politics system isn't really good.

It forces you to minmax your own party from the start, and never recruit from the opposition parties except as suicide town defenders. I'd prefer a more Attila like system where political influence comes with drawbacks.

DEI however is really good, it solves the problem of elitespam by instituting manpower pools. "Germanic nobles" can't be recruited en masse unless your cities are wealthy enough to support a large upper class. So you have to use elites sparingly while the bulk of your army is made of units you can recruit from commoners.

This is what makes Marian Rome so scary, because they churn out high quality legionaries from the commoner population that eat other commoner units for breakfast.

>Gods... I hate Veeky Forums.

Well, it broke DEI, so we're all gonna have to wait for an update.

DEI was updated the day the politics patch came out.
Except you can choose not to minmax like a youtube autist and have fun with the game.

God I really need to reinstall Rome 2 and see how DEI turned out.

>not minmaxing
My autism prevents me from doing that. Then again, it's balanced by my incessant need for historically accurate armies. Which will have me willingly crippling my own armies to match their real counterparts.

Now if only they'd fix the terrible agent system, campaign AI, battle AI, fix pullthrough issues with the game's engine, and give the option to remove the asinine magic unit abilities from the game then we'd be set.

"I need to raise a new legion, lemme check the name of the legion so I don't fuck it up."

You do realize that is literally just the game on the lowest graphics setting?

>terrible agent system

if you could split them into more kinds it would go a long way. Diplomats shouldn't be the same as governors and champions shouldn't be doing the training of armies. I'd actually like if you could turn your faction generals into these agents.

>campaign AI

need a bigger map without bottlenecks to begin with since movement of armies is fucked and lacks any kind of maneuvering, as for faction AI, they need to have different kinds of political dynamics and better economical options, you should be able to boss around your client states better and there should be more factors in their allegiance like the economical power of another faction shifting their interest.

>battle AI, fix pullthrough issues with the game's engine

AI is more or less fine, at least DEI made it pretty good, but everything else is a matter of the engine having shit collision and physics.

>and give the option to remove the asinine magic unit abilities from the game then we'd be set.

was modded out successfully as far as i can tell

anyone play this on win10?

I got RS3 to work on Steam. Does that count?

Senate fucking shits...

>lorica segmentata on cavalrymen
>during the conquest of gaul

Play it all the time. Works fine on w10

everyone loves a good phalanx battle

You do realize that on launch graphical settings did whatever the fuck they wanted?

everybody loves massacring phalanx as barbarians

>Phalanx Battle
>Roma Surrectum.
>2 hour gridlock that is decided by whoever's flanking forces manages to win their respective struggles vs. each other.

thats practically every infantry battle

oh shit they fell for the overhead phalanx meme

Wow Rome 2 looks terrible glad I never bought it, them unit cards look like shit.

>tfw still only ever play Empire: Total War

now do it with cavalry

Gott schütze den Kaiser!

Brutii > Trash > Prostitutes

Dragoons can be useful though.

[bastard spanish]
None of the other titles can even compete with the sheer quantity of content that ETW has. Plus multiplayer is kinda fun, even if it's buggy and the connection sometimes sucks.

Light Dragoons and Missile Cav are horrendously broken. I don't use them in campaign out of principle, and I ban them in MP games because otherwise nobody would use anything other than those two bullshit unit types. Regular Dragoons are a lot of fun.

hah, there was no kaiser back then

>Roma Surrectum
>average battle takes about half an hour
Are the modders autistic?

DID SOME SAY PIKES!

Oh no fucking jihadis hitting muh Latin Empire. I bet it cant get any worse.

FUCK YOU POPE!!

Fuck it I guess I will just wipe out the dirty French

>he got excommunicated
>He didn't send his best assassins to kill 5 popes until his cardinal gets elected

*blocks your path*

>those contiguous borders
>big booty Sicily still a presence in Tunisia

The eternal venetian's unit roster was choice in M2. Feudalism fucking shits can eat a crossbow and spear dick.

The fuck nigga.

Yes, they were. IN the TW Forums, they said "Hurrdurr real battles last for DAYS" but caved in and issued a mod that returned damage-points back to normal.

How would you make battles that last for days tho?

Now idea.

TW should put variety to retreating armies. Losing a battle means your boy on the strategic map gets pushed miles away. When historically if both sides managed to withdraw in good order they could have another go the next day.

Yeah but due to the amount of men on the field and the actual size of the battle map that might not work so great.

Man i didnt take any more screenshots, but
>Conquered the french as is custom
>slew the pope
>Normans love me, pay them 2000 florins for their loyalty
>They invade the Pope
>Haha mah nigga
>They start to get tired of me
>Decide to marry of my ideal waifu daughter with 10 charm, 25 years old, Beautiful handmaiden, Faithful, Fair, Passionate Pretty Woman, Educated woman, has a fucking delicate blade, total badass who travelled much of Greece and Central europe and brokered trade with the polish and even forced the ceding of two cities to me from the meme of memes, HRE
>daughterfu made a inquisitor fail assasination and was inturn killed by my assassins,
>marry my purest waifu daughter into the sicilian normans, she marries the Heir.
>Norman King is killed by the spanish in spain while removing Moor from premises
>My son in law declares war on the spanish they invaded fucking Spain from Valencia.
>THEY FUCKING TAKE VALENCIA AND DEFEAT A RELEIF FORCE
>WTF my son in law is a absolute beast.
>He has four sons in 20 turns.
>I intervened on my Norman senpaitachi behalf and subjugated the north of spain
>Son in law took most cities south of Valencia and crossed into North Africa.

Then the game crashed.

shows what you know

>tfw you don't live in the timeline of The Greater Europa Union of the Most Serene Republic And Regnu du Venezia e Sicilia

What's the best ETW mod that is not Darthmod?

>darthmod
>not utter garbage
Anyway, I guess it depends what you're looking for. I just made my own mod. I'd encourage you to do the same.

yes thank you very much

Kaiser? As Prussia? The Kaiser is in Austria. Prussia just had a king.

A King IN Prussia, not a King OF Prussia, though.

Yea but it would make more sense to talk of King than Kaiser.

Definitely. I just felt like tossing in that fun fact.

You smell of anūs

>tfw no good peloponnesian war game ever

Rome II does have a wrath of sparta dlc set in the war.

With some mods that campaign could be fun, I thought the Vanilla was one of the most uninspired pieces of Total War ever.

>two unarmoured veterans can take out 5 guys in armour
>dual wielding
>Vorenus dies after all that
>they didn’t just gag the boy
Such a shitty ending for an otherwise good story, 10/10 for calling Antony a cuck

Thus the DLCs I guess, but at least it is playable and fun now.

>whatever the fuck they wanted?
The low poly bug was due to the level of detail not changing when you used the zoom key.

I would say battles aren't as decisive, but just as short as usual - an hour or so. When one side wins, the loser doesn't retreat or melt away, but can decide to fortify or counterattack next turn, and this repeats until something decisive happens.

This would only work when turns are 1 per day, not season or year.

>vorenus dies

Jej you nonce

>Thus the DLC
He was referring to the DLC itself, vanilla it's incredibly boring because every faction has the exact same units, and there are only like 5 units total.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>