The Chinese Exclusion Act

Was it a mistake? Could the USA have benefited from a large population of hard working, education-valuing, economically minded and culturally rich Chinese such as could be found in Southeast Asian countries where they powered economic development and created lucrative business ties back to China?

Other urls found in this thread:

straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/falling-malaysian-chinese-population-worrying-analysts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. One of the few good pro-labor policies the US passed in the 19th century.

Indonesian kill 500k chinks in 1965-1966 period

Vietnamese deport many chinks under Le Duan

Hard-working and smart enemy is the worst enemy. Why would you let such people in?

Absolutely not. Chinese were completely different before communism. Southeast Asia was a European colony until after WWII, they were uneducated rats who would’ve ruined our economy

>Absolutely not. Chinese were completely different before communism.
Yes, the Chinese who left before communism built Taiwan and Singapore into Asian Tigers while those who leave afterwards just buy up apartments in Seattle.

no.

The State needs to be able to restrict immigration to manage the labor pool. so the unemployed population is kept to a manageable low figure. Otherwise the surplus labor drives wages down.

But immigration increases demand for goods and services which increases business which thus hire more workers to meet demand, and also increasing the tax base for the state. What do you think the immigrants do with the money they earn? Burn it?

>hard working, education-valuing, economically minded and culturally rich Chinese such as could be found in Southeast Asian countries
The Chinese in Southeast Asian countries are insular, disproportionately wealthy and overrepresented in business and higher education--they are basically the Jews of Southeast Asia. Does America need another Jew?

Yeah and both those places are now and order of magnitude poorer than Singapore

You meant that American aid, preferential trade ties, and free protection turned them into Asian tigers.

>American aid to singapore
The state of his

Oooooh one of the countries mentioned. Oh wow user you might have been right about one single country out of the several mentioned. Gosh I guess you are a smart cookie after all huh? Sure showed that user, duck. Styled all over him with all your vast encyclopedic knowledge because you're not a dumbass nitpicking at a possibility to feel some sort of validation. No. You're a winner, a genius winner.

depends on if the 2 jew factions fight each other or cooperate

It would have made sense. Let them settle the south west much like the negro population in the south east. Would have been a good experiment. Asians, Chinese in particular, don't integrate as readily as other populous' though and its probably for this reason they got told to fuck off.

Wow /pol/ you sure showed me! Asians are subhuman and can't do anything on their own right? xD

>the brainlet as he recoils
Read a book nigger

I'm not even /pol/. Fuck I agree with you on principle. Its just that your laziness annoys me.

The fucked is actually wrong about all of them at both a micro and macro level but your dumbass just goes "b-b-but Singapore" as if cancelling that one out doesn't make you look like a fucking idiot for the other ones.

It's your own argument that you're making and you're either too lazy or too incompetent (or both) to do it right. And I see this dumb shit too goddamn much.

>don't integrate as readily as other populous' though and its probably for this reason they got told to fuck off.

They got targeted because they were competition and settler colony paranoia

They also send quite a bit of it home. There are entire books based on how remittance affected late 19th century immigrant movements to the United States, particularly from Italy. Hell, over 20% of the Spanish economy in the late 1940s came from remittance payments from the United States. So yeah, they might as well fucking burn it because a native worker is going to keep the vast majority within the local economy.

Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia have the highest proportions of Chinese in their populations in Southeast Asia, and are also the most economically successful in SEA. I wonder if there is a correlation?

Yes, because then we'd have more chinks and fewer black people

The lions share gets sent home, but only because their families are still back across the border and have no conceivable chance of crossing it.

We should make it easier for men and women with families to immigrate here provided they bring their families, and more difficult for single or unaccompanied men. This incentivizes putting down roots.

Or you could introduce capital controls and make it very difficult to send money outside the country for non legitimate business purposes.

thats a whole new level of red tape and sounds like a logistical and enforcement nightmare

Yeah. There's a fuckton of people in China and so close by States have a higher volume of them. Fucking brainlet.

What does that have to do with economic success?
Also Malaysia Singapore Thailand and Indonesia are further away than but have more Chinese than Myanmar Laos Vietnam and Philippines

Some can't or won't leave and even if they did, what are you going to do, import the whole fucking country? They're all related to someone who is related to someone else.

Muslim Exclusion Act in EU when?
Nigger Exclusion Act in USA when?

1965 Immigration Act was a mistake.

Remittances aren't even an issue kol. What's qith Americans making EVERYTHING an issue

>Was it a mistake?
Yes. Modern Chinese Americans are an incredibly productive and well integrated lot with lower crime rates, higher rates of educational attainment, and higher median incomes than "whites". And they're pretty much totally indistinguishable from the general population after the second generation at the latest. We should have let in more pinoys too. They're in the same boat and I have never met a Filipino-American that I didn't like.

But that's being rectified currently. China is the single largest source of immigrants to the USA for the past ten years now. Ever since Mexican immigration became net emigration.

They're looking for excuses to stop people that are different from living their lives.

are you the same fucking faggot thats been making threads with only thumbnails
i will drive a truck through your front door if you pull this shit again you retard redditer
go fuck yourself albanian rape babby

That was actually how it was going before the Republican Party decided to throw them under the bus to bolster their support among poor whites who lost their jobs to Honda and Hyundai. Democrats didn't know what to do with them because they were (((colored))) folk and historically discriminated against but were often insular, successful, and culturally arrogant so they just sidelined the issue or started playing identity politics.

>remittances aren't even an issue
How exactly is hundreds of billions of dollars leaving your economy only to help fuck up the economy of the remittees state (due to resulting currency fluctuations) not an issue? Even the UN has stated that remittance payments in large quantities (like say 20% of Spain's economy in the late 40s as I noted earlier or Mexico today but that's out of the scope of this board) damages both economies. Large cash movements are bad. Period. Not an argument btw.

They got targeted for having nothing to offer the current populace, including their un- educated workforce. What have they offered any country they have migrated to besides poverty and a lower standard of life for those within that country?

buuump

this is what china does now.

it is easy for money to enter the country, but difficult to leave the country. which is why china 's upper class buys property outside the country. it is one of the few ways for them to export their wealth and store it..

Chinese are simply superior culturally to SEAs.

Maybe Chinese people wouldn't be trying to get their money out of the country so hard if their country wasn't a giant ponzi scheme.

Malaysia's hardline Islam is causing Malay Chinese to leave though.
>straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/falling-malaysian-chinese-population-worrying-analysts

I expect them to be a wahhab shithole by the end of the century.