Switzerland in WW2

>Be Switzerland in the 1930's
>Germany is doing wierd shit again
>They're gobbling up all of German speaking Europe for "muh Reich"
>Be a German speaking country
>It is 1940, Hitler is now swarming Western Europe.
>Switzerland now completely surrounded by the Axis.
>In the Battle of France, Army literally shoots down several Werhmacht bombers and fighters because they can't stop violating Swiss Airspace.
>Throughout the entire war, Swiss and German troops get into frequent border skirmishes.
>BloodHasBeenSpilt.jpg
>Literally help the Allies set up the OSS.
>Still don't declare war because "muh neutrality

Was Switzerland fucking retarded?

Switzerland during WW2 always cracks me up.

they were in a state of practical total war, despite not even being at war

What's retarded about getting into a war with your genocidal neighbor?

>Was switzerland a fucking genius
While everyone around got killed for no reason, they sat on their nazi gold and their comfy mountains until it was over.

>Switzerland should have discriminated against it's clientele based on their political views
Swiss did nothing wrong.

>be Switzerland
>get bombed by both Axis and Allies

what i find fascinating is that while ww2 was on, albert hofmann was tripping on lsd in switzerland

donĀ“t forget other guy was making psychological profiles of nazi leaders for the allies

I think accusations against WW2 switzerland are mostly based on not accepting jews. Most of those aren't exactly around to complain though.

No world wars and no world cup, doo dah, doo dah!
Swiss here, that's exactly what I pay my government for, keeping me out of our shitty neighbours shitty quarrels.

Based Switzerland

a e s t h e t i c

I guess their situation is the same as Spain. Officially not a belligerent but their troops still saw some action (in contrast no Turkish troops fought in WWII despite joining it at the very end).

It's such a weird situation. They have proper army and everything but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Not that it's bad although no experience can't be helpful.

If Switzerland declared war they'd lose. Maybe they tie down German troops in the process, maybe it's long and bloody and shortens the overall war, but you can't blame a country for not wanting a big chunk of its territory occupied. (at best)

They were surrounded on 3 sides by Germany and Italy, and France fell within weeks anyway, why violate your centuries-long neutrality guarantee to wage an open war you can't win?

>QI WUZ QINGS

He means near the end

Because bad blood lasts generations around here and will just drag you into the next war.

1945 the French started to deport thousands of people from the Klettgau region, a border area that the Swiss wanted for centuries and now was part of the French occupation zone. They offered the Swiss to exchange the area for much less Swiss territory along the Swiss-French border to smooth out the borders. The Swiss government categorically refused, they wouldn't take a single inch of German territory, not even for free. The Klettgau farmers soon could return to their farms and did a pilgrimage to the black Madonna of Einsiedeln, Switzerland most important catholic site.

>based on their political views
Invade Poland, slaughter people of different beliefs and destroy culture like there's no tomorrow.
Haha breh, it's just politics.

Underrated

How can a people be so based?

>big bright colors and shapes to distinguish classes

was switzerland an rpg?

Yellow is tankers, and red, well, let's just say the Swiss have an affinity for red.

long term thinking centuries of taking on political responsibility as republican citizens. Nobody notices, but they are only 274 years away from a 1000 year "empire".