Only true person that cares about human liberation

>Only true person that cares about human liberation
>Pisses off everyone else, to the point he literally gets Marx and Engels so mad that they write more pages than Max ever wrote trying to contradict him
>Said fuck revolutions
>Said fuck the church and state
Was he philosophy's greatest troll?

This could have been a thread about egoism, but instead you ask a stupid and irrelevant question.

Well we can talk about egoism too. Is it a feasible ideology?

egoism is the only correct philosophy

How can the actions of every sentient agent be for their own interests? It’s an awful premise to argue from.

>Try as hard as he can to be egoist
>Smoke
How is that even possible?

he was a fraud, a pseud, and a brainlet

He was a deconstructivist, like all the Hegel boys dreamt about forcefully changing human society and nature for the "better" and build a utopian society. And good old Max told them what cunts they were and why all their efforts would ultimately fail. the 20th century proved him 100% right. There is no "new Humans" and all the collectivists dreams ultimately end in dictatorship and the reign of Terror.

Because all humans need to survive is themselves. If you're serving other people via altruism you're either expecting something in return or are getting something in return (social status, payment, being well seen by others, etc.)
Smoking back then wasn't ever linked to bad ailments. It's only in the past decade that we're aware of it.

Thats what you guys don't get, Stirner never meant to found a philosophy to build on, he just wrote a big fat polemic why the collectivist young Hegelians like Feuerbach, Bauer or Marx were dead wrong. He never said somebody should build on his work, he just tried to pop some bubbles and point out why their Utopia wouldn't work and how fucked up their view on human nature was.

Not them and enjoying your debate, but I want to add something here. As a philosopher himself, he must have realized that someone, at some point, would build on what he said in that polemic. Hell he did the same thing with the entire group "Die Freien". Whether he meant to found a new philosophy, Like the philosophers before him, is unimportant.

I don't get it. How does smoking contradict egoism?

>it's 1844, Berlin
>Zeitenwende, the industrial revolution kicks in full force, a new era dawns
>a dozen eggheads dream of a new world
>each one more radical how much better he could make society
>there's this one guy that doesn't buy their bullshit
>he writes a polemic were he rips all their daydreams to pieces and explains why this would just be more of the same old, just worse, because they consequently ignore human nature
>everybody else goes full apeshit
That's what happened, He didn't expect some edgy amerifatt teens to actually build a world view on that, likely he would have pissed himself laughing if he'd knew.

No idea, it is kinda unhealthy, but then, you can fuck up your own body every which way you like.

Wtf I want to fuck Stirner now

Stirner wasn't a real person. He was LARP by Engles. For what end, who knows?

There is only one reason to do it, and it is the social value of the thing, some might say, a spook.

Isnt smoking supposed to have some relieving feeling?
t. Dude who has never smoked

Stirners is for idiots who are too stupid to understand Nietzsche.

I have also never smoked a proper cigarette. Can any /rebelanons/ comment on the sensation of smoking?

>Stirners is for idiots
spooked betas need not post

It should be made clear that to Stirner you don't need to expect anything in return and the stuff that you may expect need not be external to your mind. People act on emotions that often override deliberation (people act without thinking much)* and it is perfectly plausable that you'll feel good about helping others because you are equiped the faculty of "empathy".

*Will impels you forward, it doesn't need to tie you to the goals you had, tho. "Why should I be tied to my will of yesterday?" Don't let your creature be your commander.

I like smoking. Never became addicted, but would somtimes smoke a whole pack alone in a day. The smoke gives this warm smothering sensation inside and the taste, well, I suppose you'd have to like that sort of sober feel. My father smoked so I guess was primed to enjoy it. Cigarillos and cigars feel much smoother, with a more pleasat taste, though I know cigarrette smokers that are disgusted by the smoke of these. I just don't get those people.

the biggest spook?