Serious question

>not-mineable token

>circulting supply: 350 000 000
>total supply: 1 000 000 000

You guys don't think they will be giving the token away for free, by the tens of thousands? To potential data providers and big-name users who have string interest in using oracles? Like what are the chances sergey doesn't just give 1000000 LINK to PayPal or VISA or something for free to bootstrap the usability of the token? If big players like that aren't buying won't people just sell the hype? The price doesn't have to be very high for this to be a very useful, long-lasting token

Other urls found in this thread:

swift.com/node/39911
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not-mineable
>circulating supply
>total supply

is that what makes a good crypto?

Damn brainlet

They actually want the price low and affordable so people can pay for the transactions no problem.
Also its coded in ruby which is laughable.

Were u born braindamaged or something happened to you?

Any company that has at least 10k customers handles at least 100k API calls per day. They need to pay LINK for each of those calls.

>giving away for free without having partners sign contracts

Consider also that running a node is incredibly valuable.

>and SWIFT does not have any other smart contract projects ongoing other than LINK.

Source?

EXIT CHAINLINK NOW BUT METAVERSE. MOON MISSION

>coded in ruby
Oh for fucks sake.

Yeah and they're not going to want to py fucking $2, $5, $10 for each of those fucking transactions, preventing hs from mooning

good thing chainlink is divisible by 18 decimals brianlet

SWIFT does prob 10 million API calls a day. I was talking about small companies.

(You)

>METAVERSE
More like "beta worse".

>thinking LINK could ever hit $1, even $3
>thinking multitrillions in LINK will be passed around by day by SWIFT

im just pissed im nitgetting my lambo after realizing this is over hyped af

It's true. None that we know of anyway.
And it's not like they're making a secret of their desire for a smart contract solution; they basically say it's one of the two main pillars of their blockchain efforts, next to the blockchain itself:
Source: swift.com/node/39911

Very first line of that SWIFT document:
>Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Smart Contracts (SC) promise to transform automation in the financial industry, and are generating huge interest amongst financial institutions and technology providers.

>admits he is brainlet
>thinks LINK isnt going to $3 at least

This is a good sign

Lambos by March, you heard it here first

rekt

LINK would save untold billions in administrative simplification alone.
That's without mentioning things like commercial court cases dropping drastically, time saved, ...

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT SWIFT. IF SWIFT EVER USES LINK IT WOULD MOON TO $100.

Learn some basic economics of currency before you talk.

Paying even $1 per API call to secure smart contract (such as approving citizenship/loan) is nothing because companies earn 1000x revenue on their customers. paying for LINK even at $1 per api call is nothing to them. Because the ROI is still 999.9x

The reason LINK has 0 marketing is because its aimed to enterprise companies, not average joes. They will market it on conferences not using /r/ethtrader fake upvotes. Its a solution for BUSINESSES to reduce their expenses of hopping onto blockchain world 100 fold. Would you rather hire 10 blockchain devs full time or use YOUR EXISITNG API AND PROGRAMMERS by paying a small fee to chainlink?

I'm out now. If you sell this below $50 you are a retard.

...So I am still getting my lambo?

Heh, cool

>serious question what's stopping Sergey from giving their clients hundreds of thousands of dollars for free?

thats the plan u fucking retard. to get people to use LINK they will give them 10k signed with a contract that prevents them from selling it and use it for development.

SWIFT is confirmed

I own tens of thousands of LINK amd every one is calling me a brainlet.

Does that mean I'm dumb for investing in LINK because it will fail

>The reason LINK has 0 marketing is because its aimed to enterprise companies, not average joes.
Actually, in addition to being the ideal plug&play add-on for legacy finance, LINK is at heart a peer-to-peer contract/agreement system.
It can very well be implemented from the bottom up if it isn't implemented from the top down by banks.
Or both.

youre still stupid as fuck but you picked the right time to toss your money along with your stupidity, you could have fucked up and picked ethbet or elix or metaverse

We don't know if they got their own solution from sergey or if they plan to use LINK.

Average Joe doesn't make API calls.

>Average Joe doesn't make API calls
Not yet. Mainstream smart contracts would allow for ordinary people to conclude contracts and agreements among themselves.

thats at least 8 years away once ETH gets javascript language and coding is mandatory in schools since 5th grade or something.

Oh no, Ruby?

We literally do actually

If we do then sit back and wait until LINK is $100 at least.

>Would you rather hire 10 blockchain devs full time
Or pay 2 dev's to use their system?
Companies would easily pay for 20 blockchain dev's to have their own in house system that they control and if 2 guy can do it then 20 can do it better and faster.

Perhaps. Just talking about the principle behind smart contracts as originally envisioned.

Raiden + 0x + LINK + ETH is wet dream come true for any company that wants to use blockchain/smart contracts.

Yeah, except they have ETH main dev as advisor, chief RSA scientists (encryption used since 1968s to 2005) and LLVM engineer (its a compiler used by clang/gcc/intel)and he also worked at Facebook

I'm sure 20 code monkeys can do better

Hi Pajeet

Companies can hire blockchain devs, but a decentralized global network of input sources (oracles) is simply beyond the grasp of even SWIFT.

I'm taking my gains from metaverse and putting them in link.

Is saying that chainlink connects the financial world the blockchain like ethereum connects blockchain to blockchain a valid statement?

You don't even need the "financial" qualifier. ChainLink connects the real world to blockchain.

>early 2020
>1 LINK is priced at $789
>yfw

How is that not a big deal?

>its coded in ruby
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you serious??

Christ no wonder it's being shilled so hard.

Can someone talk about swift in layman eli5 terms. Like why are they so important. They send financial messages? They standardize financial terminology? How big of a deal are they?

Ethereum allows for smart contracts with tokens.
Chainlink will allow for smart contracts with any external data. That means any agreement/contract/transaction you can think of in mainstream business and finance.

Don't even joke.

They're THE inter-bank communication network.
Very much one of THE greatest influencers in global finance.
The wiki is pretty clear.

Maybe I don't understand fucking ethereum. What is smart contracts w tokens? And why does chainlink need coins to do their work - just to reimburse nodes?

Check github yourself if you want to.

>with a contract that prevents them from selling it and use it for development
>giving their clients hundreds of thousands of dollars for free
pick one you god damn fucking moron

Ethereum basically says "you'll get X amount of tokens for X amount of ETH at X time if condition X is fulfilled".
More specifically: token sales during ICOs.

Chainlink will be able to use any external data thanks to its decentralized network of oracle nodes that operate in a type of "free market" for trustworthiness status.

That is exactly what the current plan is you fucking mong

Why is being coded in ruby a big deal?

It isn't. Major online players like Amazon are largely in Ruby as well.

It's basically how global finance moves. For example, the U.S. has threatened to cut off Russia from Swift in the past, meaning Russia wouldn't be able to transfer money easily anywhere. I think Russia has already created an alternative that they want to bring to adoption by other countries after all their own banks are hooked up.

It's not. Faggot programmers love to act all superior to languages they don't like. It's top sperg material

How the fuck can the US threaten that. It's not even a US system. And why does swift care about these contracts if all they do is move money. Wouldnt banks care more about it bc they are the middle man in the contracts?

whats wrong with it being coded in ruby?
Its true though. On the github of the main dev (steve) most of his projects are Ruby.

Literally nothing at all people just want to FUD for cheaper coins

>And why does swift care about these contracts if all they do is move money.
I suggest you let all the information sink in for a day.
This is a very odd question. There's probably something very basic that you're missing.

Not sure all the inner working and politics behind it but I remember reading the U.S. cut off a handful of Russian banks after the Crimea situation a few years back. Also now with N.K. the U.S. has threatened cutting off China. N.K. is already cut off completely. Iran gets cut off and put back on every so often.

Someone actually read the whitepaper here? Explain the operation or usage of chainlink? I mean I am sure Sergey solves the cost of usage somehow too

Youre not stupid. This is one of the most important projects for crypto. Too bad it wont bring you any huge profits iin my honest opinion. But the whole project is amazing and this is the step between normies and basement dwellers

Why no huge profits? I was promised Lamborghinis...

ok you have these nodes, which gather and transmit data (like an api endpoint)

they need to hold link, and the more link they have, the more trusted they are, and then they also get paid in link for the data

so if you want to make link you need a lot of link, and with the amount of data that is going to be gathered, it is very valuable to be the most trusted node.

if this shit goes 10x then everybody would be rich. I dont see 1 bil. supply going that high. Its literally same with verge. fucking pajeets got 600000 billion of verge for 20 dollars and they hope that every verge hits 1 or more dollars. shit wont happen. You all wont be millionaires this easy.

some guy made 250m by holding eth from 5 dollars

it happens dude

How does he solve the cost to operate? How can for instance each PayPal transaction to a node be low? From my understanding tokens help to validate the network/nodes which in turn makes transactions free

Yes but ETH supply is at 100 mil. Verge is at 14 billion. Unless a huge increase of investors come in, like a really fucking huge, i dont see this going any higher than 1-2 cents lol in the next year. 2 cents would be great for verge. Also, if this huge increase in investors would happen, other coins with lower supply and great demand would skyrocket ten times more than verge would. thats just my opinion man

You literally just proved yourself wrong. People did get rich if they held xvg a few months back when it went 100x

Just planting some memes to watch them grow

for those who got in at 8 sats less or more - congrats, that was a huge buy. Seen some of them. The problem is, not many people got in at that time, and theyre keeping it quiet.When verge kinda became popular, month ago-ish, all the pajeets bought it in 150-170 range and expect it to moon 10000x times for a price of a dollar or too. Not talking about the early investors bro, talking about the annoying fucks who still expects it to have a huge increase in price

LINK wants to pump RIGHT NOW. Buy some now or forever hold your peace.

>brainlets worrying about one chainlink (alpha) CLIENT written in Ruby implementing a language-agnostic protocol

It is.... Why do you think everyone here is shilling it...

It's a big dealand this is why:

Pumping slowly each day. Price increasing nicely too.

You misunderstand. PayPal won't be using or selling them. They will be staking those tokens for their hundreds of nodes.

Theoretically since this token isn't mineable and there is only a certain amount to be given away. It could be a possibility that in his mind these tokens will be valuable and the more value they have the less he will have to pay for the node operators. This will keep the business operating at full force and keep the node operators happy. Also the share holders, $80 per token might not be that farfetched

market cap you nigger

Here come the super sleuths to fud my meager gains to oblivion

What user has done is that he undervalued how much money plays a role in governments. Control the money, control the world. Do an embargo and people starve, rebellions start, and the globalists calls it a good day.

That's why SWIFT messed with Russia.

This shit annoys me to know end. It's like, "man, fuck italian".

"..oh, really, why?"

"Cause I don't speak it"

*no end, lol

>muh market cap
this is the greatest meme of crypto do you cucks even know what market capitalization actually is