Does Satoshi have a kill switch?

What if he gets pissed off at how people are treating him and his invention and just pulls the switch on it? Wouldn't the price plummet and ethereum would become the new bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v_DmtLsTsp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read more into what Bitcoin is before making retarded threads

It's open source dude... literally impossible

many people dont know this but almost all bitcoins have killswitches, even ethereium. Only non-government inflitrated bitcoins would survive. think DGB would be the main survivor.

holly fuck you are stupid

he has a dead man's switch

He potentially could have over 700k bitcoin. This is based on looking at the blockchain for BTC that was mined but never moved. So he could potentially crash the system by trying to sell it all at once.

You guys saying to read more and insults etc. I'm just saying the guy invented it and everything has bugs but what if he knows some kind attack vector know one else could possibly know but him and all he'd have to do is release the kraken?

fine you think about that
dumb ass

>Does Satoshi have a kill switch?
You realize that the literal functional impossibility of him or anyone having that capability is exactly what makes Bitcoin what it is, right? That's the entire point of the system. It's extremely resistant to any one person or organization taking control because you would need the majority of the processing power of the entire network.

The real threat is the banks. Once they finish putting supercomputers in every city and turn them on Bitcoin and other blockchains... we're fucked. There's no telling when that will happen but it definitely will eventually. Just make sure you're out by then.

it’s been audited to shit and back and updated for years

don’t be a brainlet

ok thanks for your reasonable response. you win.

learn about what you are fucking dealing with outside of this idiot board
you loose

it's crytpo vs fiat and I'm on crypto's side . Just been seeing attacks on satoshi on twitter lately and wondering why so may people are tearing bitcoin to shreds and if ethereum is more the way to go for the future since most people, banks, and corps accept it. Only some bitcoiners hate on ethereum which is odd considering the internal wars going on in their own world.

Unrelated to this bitcoin101-tier thread but

The more I think about Satoshi the more I am drawn to the conclusion that he must have died

The only really plausible theories are 1) Dead 2) Stayed anonymous for what he needed to do and then became public 3) group of people
and his post history on bitcointalk really just ended so abruptly, he was basically in the middle of a conversation. It seems like options 2-3 are less plausible

He will be remembered as one of the greatest humans to ever live

i'm leaning towards satoshi being a consortium of people instead of a single dude. there's just so much strange shit about him.

satoshi was atleast 2 people anyway.
why would an anonymous person care about what people say about a person that doesnt exist?

is this supercomputer thing just a meme or is there some sort of info on this somewhere

this girl is definitely not asian

If this happened, all crypto markets would plummet.

Satoshi is waiting for $5k so he can dump his 1million bitcoins on one massive market sell, spread across all exchanges

That kills the bitcoin

Sell bitcoin while also shorting
>use btc as collateral
>>huge marge
>>>sell more
>>>> 1m x 5000 x 100 leverage
>>> billion

I am satoshi
I control the majority of bitcoin.
the reason I invented bitcoin is to create the biggest ponzi scheme of all time.
I'm rich already from my bitcoin holdings and dont need to work for many lifetimes, but it's not enough. That's why I gave a young Vitalik the idea for ethereum.
I hid the code for ethereum inside a video of dolphins and sent it to him.
I knew, inevitably, there would be a rush of foolish investors pouring into buy ICO's. Hundreds of millions are pouring into the industry. Soon, billions. Eventually, trillions.
I'm going to dump all of my bitcoins when I am the worlds first trillionaire. This is to fulfill a promise I had with a certain girl before she died because of this corrupt system.
I'm going to take the worlds wealth, and crush it for her. I'm going to eliminate all money, and with it, all forms of power.
I will take revenge for her.
If you don't believe me or don't get it, sorry, I don't have time to explain it to you.
Just know that everyone will suffer for what they did to her.

this reads real

this

MINISTER YOU, SATOSHI

I'm just going to leave this here
youtu.be/v_DmtLsTsp4

That's like asking what if Tim Berners Lee switches the World Wide Web off. Which he can't.