Was Achilles reborn as Hitler?

Is Hitler actually Achilles, the great man of distant antiquity?

I present to you the evidence:

"For my mother the goddess, silver-footed Thetis, telleth me that twofold fates are bearing me toward the doom of death: if I abide here and war about the city of the Trojans, then lost is my home-return, but my renown shall be imperishable; but if I return home to my dear native land, lost then is my glorious renown, yet shall my life long endure, neither shall the doom of death come soon upon me." - Iliad, Book 9.

Similarly, had Hitler chosen a quiet life after the Great War, he would be lauded as a war hero and artist. On the other hand, if he continued to embroil himself in war and conflict, it was destined that his "renown shall be imperishable".

Just like Achilles, Hitler refused to lead the quiet life. He refused to accept his losses and suffering and retire home.

So I ask you, Veeky Forums, is Achilles Hitler?

This is a serious question, because it is a metaphysical truth that life is eternal. For we know that being cannot be created or destroyed. So, it was only a matter of time before Achilles was reconstituted after his death at Troy.

Achilles was a fictional character, so no.

Lmaoing @ ur lyfe.
Wat a brainlet

What do you base that on?

On the one hand, we have a classical text telling the tale of Achilles.

On the other hand, we have a Veeky Forums nerd who probably watches anime.

Don't even bother responding to this, if I see you on the battlefield I will cave your face in with a rock. I won't even give your corpse a second look as I ride away on my chariot.

You could have just passed over this thread and kept your mouth shut, but it's too late now. I will call Minos personally and have your very spirit torn to pieces and cast down into tartarus. You don't even know who you just fucked with, kid.

I'll take history for 500, Alex...
>"For my mother the goddess, silver-footed Thetis, telleth me that twofold fates are bearing me toward the doom of death: if I abide here and war about the city of the Trojans, then lost is my home-return, but my renown shall be imperishable; but if I return home to my dear native land, lost then is my glorious renown, yet shall my life long endure, neither shall the doom of death come soon upon me." - Iliad, Book 9.
>Similarly, had Hitler chosen a quiet life after the Great War, he would be lauded as a war hero and artist. On the other hand, if he continued to embroil himself in war and conflict, it was destined that his "renown shall be imperishable".
>Just like Achilles, Hitler refused to lead the quiet life. He refused to accept his losses and suffering and retire home.

Umm, what is Autism?

Kill yourself you deluded stormfaggot.

>reddit spacing
>reddit argument

If I wanted plebbit-tier responses or stormfaggotry, I would have gone elsewhere. Instead, I presented Veeky Forums with metaphysical truth and an astute observation rooted in primary source materials.

If you can't stand the heat then get out of the ipnos.

Fuck off Cletus.

>primary sources
I see no primary sources here?

Book 9 of the Iliad, see the quote.

>primary sources
>Only one source
>not even used in the proper context to be called a primary source.

You chose a fictional quote and interpreted as your own opinion. When you use a primary source such as the illiad you can only use a quote to make probable assumptions from that time. For example id you were writing about how Greek fiction from the time of Homer was centered around tragic events, then you could cite a passage. Howeved just because you quote a fictional characted from an old book does not make it a primary source. Its not like Achellias himself said those exact words. You are misunderstanding the use of a historic fictional novel and actual historic records. Had you an acient document or a letted from Achilles (implying he was real) saying those exact words, then you couls site it as you have in the OP.

So again, I see no primary sources here?

8/8 gr8 b8 m8

If Hitler had decided to live a quiet life after the war he probably would've an hero before 1930.
He sucked as an artist, he was incapable of honest work, he was homeless before the war, he wasn't a war hero and even if he was, they weren't really celebrated. The very best he could've hoped for would have been to get some minor work as a bitch to an architect or something.

redditors need to leave this board

they are killing it

>complaining about reddit spacing
>on a post that doesn't have reddit spacing

>Iliad

>written down hundreds of years after the Trojan War supposedly happened
>primary source

This. All you fags do when you see some dumbass is say something about how ledditors are “ruining” this board.

Sounds like you are the one offering mere opinion and fancy. Iliad is not fiction, Achilles is not make-believe; to disprove the existence of Achilles you need more than mere opinion. Further, it is a primary source because it is an ancient record of contemporary accounts of the Trojan War.

All I do us present the historical record and the settled science. Hitler probably died a decade or two ago in Argentina, so perhaps you better watch out lest Achilles tracks you down in his most recent form.

>primary source because it is an ancient record of contemporary accounts of the Trojan War.
>written 400 years after the events it is describing

Even if the Illiad has some shred of historical accuracy, it would be derived from oral and biased account of the battle.

nah, he was the 10th avatar of Vishnu.

People are trying to hard now to meme ever since that frank-trojan guy and Sardania got their recognition

>written

Exactly, and recited long before that. Case proven beyond a reasonable doubt, Achilles was Hitler and who even knows his current power level today

Holy fuck this is a new level of stormfaggotry
Fucking CRINGE

>Achilles
>Great man

He's literally depicted as a brutal, hate fueled man who is supposed to represent all the awful parts of war. Going out to slaughter husbands and sons in a war which is by all definitions frivolous is not something which ought to be lauded.

Also
>Hitler
>lauded as an artist

>posts anime
>questions whether Hitler was a great artist

I think you are unto something man.

>brutal, hate fueled man who is supposed to represent all the awful parts of war. Going out to slaughter husbands and sons in a war which is by all definitions frivolous is not something which ought to be lauded.
Sounds like my kind of guy. I have fantasies of war and death all the time. You sound like some kind of soyboy who is afraid of life, and would rather retreat into some kind of virtual world like anime and manga or video games. You're never gonna make it, you should end it now.

Interdasting

>fantasies of war and death
>fantasies

Both were decadent as fuck and used questionable substances; as well as being given to horrid pleasures.

>hitler was a fucking retard at modern war; whenever he took a desicion bypassing its generals it was a woefully retarded one on the strategic standpoint. Ussually meant to avoid a general from getting too much power

The infighting amidst achilles own generals and the ancient world obsolete tactical political touch might explain it.