earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=91270
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the coming war with japan
>number one bestseller in japan
What did they mean by this?

people buy retarded spooky shit

Japs are a bizarre race

>Friedman

Russian political scientist in 1998 predicted that the United States will possibly disintegrate into six parts by 2010, later revised it would break up several years after that.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Panarin

but he was right, apart from some meme wars in the middle east, what has happened?

Oh shit i'm sorry.

Here is the map he actually used.

>West Virginia and Kentucky in the EU
I'd pay to see that just for the laughs

>history is war

This seems plausible. California bleeding into its neighbors is not uncommon, and the South is becoming Mexicanized.

This is way better than people give it credit for though.

>California annexing Arizona
Good luck with that.

Sounds completely accurate. Timescale is off but the US will definitely balkanize.

It's happening as per Arizonan testimony

The US might balkanize but those lines are complete idiocy.

I'm in Arizona, we have far more conservative whites from the midwest moving here than Californians.

>China and Singapore are '''democracies''' or will be anytime soon
>the EU is getting more '''democratic'''

>muh Hegel

what it about?

Americans have been predicting China's collapse for decades now since the 50's.

>Great Leap Forward
Oh it's collapsing.
>Cultural revolution.
There it is!
>Sino-Soviet Split & Nixon & Detente
Surely it'll collapse into democratic revolution!
>Tienanmen Square Protests
Just like in Eastern Europe! This is it boys!
>2008 Crisis
ANY SECOND NOW!

+.50

not that much whackier than Romania desu

ummm sweety..
9/11?

You do realize this guy subscribes to the 'New English empire' theory and pretty much sees Poland as a Trojan horse state?

The historical portions of this are very interesting, but the future predictions for millenials becoming the next "greatest generation" were pretty cringe inducing.

>Decades of "experts" predicting China's collapse
>they're more powerful than ever and only keep getting stronger
where did everything go so right?

but there was a war, an economic war, only that america already won it by 1991, the plaza accord marked her decisive victory

gen z is the next great generation t b h

It's been the same the opposite way around too.
>China will overtake the US and become the next superpower any day now!

how are your farmlands doing with the dessification? modern agriculture will turn everything into a dustbowl

>china
>a democracy

In the 80's it was the japs, now its the chinese.

Lol wouldn't you say that the 'United' states has already split up, with the recent increase in racial divide, and political affiliation?

Samefag
I mean you could argue that there are many different factions appearing (BLM, neo-Nazis, Antifa, Trump supporters, democrats, Mexican pride groups, etc)

A demonstrable and global rise in Islamism, nationalism and racism. This is a book that could have only been written in 1990s USA

This actually a really good book, highly recommend.

democratic centralism

Find it at your neighborhood Salvation Army next to the "How To Prepare For Y2k" books.

People who think China is going to overtake anything are the same types who back in the day said that Hitler's supermen would beat us because they were disciplined and organized and we were decadent fucks. They said the Soviet Union would overtake us by 1980 as well.

But this time it will happen
Proof of that? The realtive size of the economies and the size of productivity.

this and anytime anyone thinks China is about to invade the US.

A-Adolf is finished!

H-Hitler BTFO!

>no longer to be feared

>Predictions are complicated, especially those concerning the future

Past predictions not coming true might be both because people are stupid and predict the wrong thing, or because they know something is possible and keep predicting it until it happens.

The difference is China has no plans besides being regional hegemon and making a ton of money.

It's why you Americans are so confused by them. Are they a cold-war style rival? Or a business partner?

I'm dead,

although, stolen Czech tanks instead of tiger

they wish they had tiger that early

The Millenials really strike me as the second coming of the Baby Boomers desu. A very large generation that goes through childhood at a time of great prosperity, only for things to go to shit as they hit young adulthood, resulting in them by and large protesting the system and demanding immediate social and economic change. I await the day when they grow old and fat, and the next generation openly calls for their deaths.
>Muh edgy Trump generation is the best
kys

>generation that grew up during a time of great financial trouble, enter adulthood at a time of great international instability, while (supposedly) being the most independent, conservative generation in years
>not the second coming of the greatest generation

Al-qaeda was a pretty small network before the debaathification of Iraq shat up everything, though. 9/11 was an act of desperation by them, now they're incredibly powerful and numerous.

further proof that modern leftist, especially europoors, are built soley around hatred of America and the west. Hitchens was 100% right about the those types who constantly talk about how evil America is simply being useful idiots for despotic regimes like North Korea, Putin, or various islamic terrorist groups, just like Osama. Pretty interesting to note that Abby Martin basically betrayed her country all because shes a retard who thought 9/11 was an inside job

I wouldn't say the predictions are wrong, I'd say that every time something bad happens in China its leaders are competent enough to actually fix the problem (or sidestep it making it irrelevant).

Took me a while but then I KEKed.

Except OBL was supported by Reagan's CIA?

No, the CIA supported the Northern Alliance, who were opposed to OBL.

Das Kapital.

That's a meme though.

t. youtube stoner historian

Osamas entire ideology was based on the idea that islamic communities should not take any money from godless infidels, be it the USSR or USA. He was basically just an autist with a billion dollars and used it to fund his own little islamic army, and then became a suger daddy for terrorist cells

American butthurt over China is so tasty

>GONNA BURST ANY MINUTE NOW
>*sweats profusely*
>THEY'LL COLLAPSE SOON GUYS

It's a shame these books are so hard to come by now, the ones I do find based around failed predictions are pretty interesting

Business partners. China is the second greater owner of the USA debt because they need a strong American market and a strong dollar if they want to keep a high level of export, in which china economy heavilly depends. China is highly dependent on USA market, so they pose no threath. The BRI are meant to make China less dependent on USA, but I highly boubt that it will be succesfull.

No, seriously, you entirely missed the point in what I can only assume is a lack of 3rd grade reading comprehension.

Let's start from the beginning. posts Fukuyama as an example of a "hilariously wrong prediction". then says that the book is essentially correct, namely its premise that Liberal Democracy "won" and the macrohsitorical trend will be one of unbroken democratic rule, aside from a few irrelevant shitpiles. Points out major places like China and Singapore as not democracies, hence putting the quotes around it. Then you, in post put a stupid face on the notion of China as a democracy, MISSING THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT, namely that China's lack of democracy is a rather salient point against Fukuyama.

So yes, you missed the point. You are dumb and you should feel bad.

Sorry for the few grammatical errors. I'm not anglophone and my phone's autocorrect is not setted on english

>implying it wasn't

>winter vs summer

pollution in china is as worse as ever

uh huh, and the earth is flat and the holocaust never happened and george bush is an alien as well

Actually they are yearly averages.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=91270

Pollution is being reduced.

>Although China and India remain the world’s largest consumers of coal, the new research found that China’s sulfur dioxide emissions have fallen by 75 percent since 2007, while India’s emissions have increased by 50 percent. The results suggest that India may soon become, if it is not already, the world’s top emitter of sulfur dioxide.

The Chinese government, not being a democracy, spends its time actually sorting shit out and actively improving the country, not squabbling over how to win the next election.

If I'm honest, I think the monoculture helps more.

The USA is as culturally homogeneous as China.

Black people and Latinos don't count as different culture.

Uyghur Muslims, Mongolians and Han Chinese count as different culture.

China is 92% Han Chinese though.

The point I'm making is that it's impressive that India is even still a country, let alone a functioning republic with semi-effective public services.

China isn't a real superpower, it's a shithole. We went over this earlier. There is a certain class of pseudo-intellectuals who fetishize dictatorships, they've done so since at least the 1920s and Mussolini.

And actually, there's no magic to any of it. Capitalism and democratic government are simply the natural result of a prosperous, well-educated population. The poorer and dumber the population is, the more inevitable that will have an authoritarian form of government because ignorant people cannot be free by definition.

You can thank the British for that.

Fukuyameme btfo

>it's a shithole. We went over this earlier
It's called a developing country.

Where you have skyscrapers and clean streets and then concrete hovels and dirt tracks.

Ie a shithole.

>Still unable to read
It's got significantly more power, prestige, and international reach than it did in 1990, and shows no signs of liberalizing. Regardless of the quality of life in China, Fukuyama's claim is nonsensical, and even he has stated as such. Post is retarded and betrays terrible reading comprehension.

>It's got significantly more power, prestige, and international reach than it did in 1990
The Soviet Union had more power, prestige, and international reach in 1980 than it did in 1930, yet it was still a country where people stood in breadlines.

>Where you have skyscrapers and clean streets and then concrete hovels and dirt tracks.
Sounds like USA to me.