Combined could they have conquered the world?

Combined could they have conquered the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

careeraddict.com/top-5-countries-with-the-highest-paid-salaries-for-lawyers
gqitalia.it/magazine/2015/11/30/la-top-30-degli-avvocati-piu-potenti-ditalia/
businessinsider.com/15-mind-blowing-salaries-pulled-in-by-corporations-top-lawyers-2012-6?IR=T#walt-disneys-alan-braverman-earned-7793205-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If only France had become protestant.

They conquered it despite not being combined, so yes.

What would the world look like?
>Britain ruling the waves
>France the land
>Together... the stars?

If only Guichard Cœur de Lion kept cumming in Berengaria instead of boipucci.

this

World is under french law and anglo culture , hard to deny it.
The expansion of French civil code was matched only by the diffusion of Roman laws

It hurts as a Bong and Francophile that this didn't happen. Imagine seeing the Flagship of the Franco-Bong High Seas Fleet, HMS Inkerman provide massive fire cover pulverizing villages for the Old guard under Napoleon V being led by the 95th Rifle-commandos and Naval Brigade whilst being equipped with Martini–Henry Rifles and Maxim guns as they storm up the beach of some random shit hole and kill every man woman and child due to Sheikh Alahbin Al Baghdahi Whabin not sending any presents for the baby Prince Henry V & IX on his christening and thus insulting the house of Windsor-Bonaparte and subsequently half the globe.
Just imagine what the great exhibition would have looked like, the floor would have been a glass aquarium with Blue Whales underneath.
It hurts.

>you will never sail on the HMS Joan of Arc as she travels around the world capturing German merchant vessels
JUST

Civil law is so fucking shit.

Why?

mfw we never got the Franco-British Union in 1940

Do you think America would have left the Anglo-French empire?

I can get behind this.

>ywn live in a reality where the french pushed back the germans

Considering France is entirely to blame for America first rebelling and then winning its independence, I dare say it wouldn't have, or at least, certainly not the way it actually happened.

Decided top-down by committee, generally slow to react to societal/technological developments unless the political class has its shit together which they rarely do.

The upside is that the law applies equally to everyone instead of being based on how much you can pay for legal representation.

>Decided top-down by committee
And this is worse than decided by whatever bitchass judge first happens to rule upon a new situation how?
>generally slow to react to societal/technological developments
Not really. I mean sure there isn't gonna be a quick new law as soon as a case hits the courts, but it's not like getting any law is necessarily better than not having any law at all. When a new situation arises, the only difference between civil law and common law is that after both judges make the first decision based upon pre-existing law, every judge has to stand by the first ruling in common law, whereas it's the judge's choice in civil law. In practice there's no real speed difference, whereas a shit first ruling will be ignored in civil law while will have to wait for a higher court to amend it in common law.
>The upside is that the law applies equally to everyone instead of being based on how much you can pay for legal representation.
Top fucking kek, I can assure you that civil law can be manipulated just as easily as common law by top level lawyers.

Lmao this is pathetic, keep dreaming while your countries turn into a subsidiary of the USA

Yes, easily, if the british had sided with napoleon and helped put down revolts in latin america instead of supporting them all of north and south america and africa and half of europe and half of asia would still be ruled by briton and france

>every judge has to stand by the first ruling in common law
No it doesn't. That's the whole point of the appeals process. A higher Court can overrule a shit decision by a lower one. If it makes it all the way up the appeals process and the decision is still shit, then the legislature can change it by statute. If a case turns on a particular issue which is currently being appealed in a higher court, it's trivial to get your case in the lower court stayed while the appeal plays out.

>civil law can be manipulated just as easily
Then explain why top-level salaries for lawyers in civil law countries are much, much lower than they are in common law jurisdictions.

>you will never live in a kaiserreich style world where the French Revolution spread to England
>ywn live in a joint franco-british empire bringing civilisation and art across the planet

Had France and Britain combined, they could have conquered the world by force.
Had France, Britain and Germany combined, the world would have just given up.

China, you mean. US is already in decline.

>That's the whole point of the appeals process.
Did you even read my post? I mentioned that.
>Then explain why top-level salaries for lawyers in civil law countries are much, much lower than they are in common law jurisdictions.
Gonna have to source that for me, cause the first link I've found on the subject says otherwise: careeraddict.com/top-5-countries-with-the-highest-paid-salaries-for-lawyers

I did read your post but you contradicted yourself in the middle of your point so clearly you didn't understand what you were saying properly and it was worth repeating.

>top level salaries
>posts article about average salaries
You're just here to shitpost, aren't you?

"No!"
USA has culturally colonized Europe for a long time; its result are starting to show, in a few years it will be obvious.
No China will be able to stick its dick so deep into European minds.

Lol delusional amerifat.

>you contradicted yourself in the middle of your point
How did I contradict myself? I said that common law judges have to stand by the first ruling until amended, which is true.

>top level salaries
Post your fucking sources then.
This article gqitalia.it/magazine/2015/11/30/la-top-30-degli-avvocati-piu-potenti-ditalia/ mentions top italian lawyers getting between 5 and 15 millions a year.
This article businessinsider.com/15-mind-blowing-salaries-pulled-in-by-corporations-top-lawyers-2012-6?IR=T#walt-disneys-alan-braverman-earned-7793205-11 tells the same fucking story for american ones.

Or the reverse, the only way these 2 could have got together.

That would be nice but France never had the mastery of the land that Britain did on the seas. Anglo-Prussian makes more sense, Victorian academic consensus was that they were the only people to be regarded as the Brit's equal anyway.
That would have not been an option

Fuck off Wang, your shit culture is antithetical to the west.

Calm down Trayvon McGuinness, we're not Judaised brown ogres yet.

Better than being sinicized yellow ogres, buddy

hes right though, the euros and aussies (and burgers) are wising up to the clever chinks trying to economically colonize them, while the US has been culturally Borging their asses snce the 50s

If by culture, you mean moral corruption, then yes.

If this were a more perfect world, we'd all be known as the Franglish.