Why is modern art such a meme?

why is modern art such a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5kme5Q_Yo
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
nytimes.com/2017/02/19/arts/design/has-the-art-market-become-an-unwitting-partner-in-crime.html
hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/art/214699-guide-to-laundering-money-art
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pic unrelated

Money laundering

How many modern art museums have you visited? How many modern artists do you know?
Surely you're not just cherrypicking in order to complain about muh modernity, right?

How many times are you going to rehash this thread where you post an mspaint or pen scribble with "dude modern art lmao" before even you think it's getting played out?

There's a great art thread currently where people are actually posting content and having discussions for a change rather than just dumping the same reposted images over and over, you could post there if you want to elevate your level of discourse beyond basement level shitposting. I'd hazard a guess though and say you don't really give enough of a fuck about any sort of art, and this thread is just you virtue signalling about modernity to your club of cywanking e-buddies who would all go out into the world and become traditionalists if only they could motivate themselves to release from the teat.

Is this pasta?

butt blasted redditor detected

Why would I be angry? Just calling you a retard that needs new material in long form. Elevate yourself.

t. buttblasted

This

It's not, but realism hit its peak a long time ago so people are playing with new ideas. You can find plenty more autists like you on /ic/ that are trying to draw realistic fantasy bullshit and snubbing their noses at anything halfway creative.

I actually don't hate modern art, I hate the elitest culture behind it. youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5kme5Q_Yo (I chose him because you'd think I was a "muh conservatism" if I chose anyone else."

You don’t have to use realism to make good art. But that doesn’t make modern art good art. Anime style is the true major art movement, modern art is garbage.

Why do you think modern art is worth defending?

While it is a popular modern style, I don't consider it most of it to be tasteful or appealing. There are plenty of excellent modern artists than blend realism with abstraction
Chris Hogman, Ryan Hewett, and Henrik Aa. Uldalen are some of my current favorites

Citation needed

>an unfinished piece
dogs eating garbage right here

more garbage

Ah okay.

Call me a pleb but that isnt pleasing visually or reflectively in the least.

not art

I dont frequent gallery's BUT the last museum of art I went to was the Harrisburg collection of modern day Pennsylvanian art, and one of the rooms was an artist whose entire body of work was painting the whole canvas one color.

I dont see the point

No its from a videogame made on a 100k budget. silly billy

Do you consider most modern art to be tasteful or appealing? As for the image you posted, what meaning does it convey? It’s just an eye and paint buildup. Don’t give me that crap about “the meaning is up to the viewer”, if I can’t tell what the artist was trying to convey then they failed to get their message across. The modern art world needs to get it’s head out of it’s ass and start making good art.

Videogames are art desu

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

But its "not art" if it isnt "art" to "artists"

It’s bad, and it doesn’t even make much sense. Why are the cops getting that close with their tasers? Why is he walking out of the house with groceries? Who the fuck puts potted plants like that in an elevated position?

artists are fags who gives a shit what they think

God

Pretentious snobs.

Because your a police chief of 1990s "New York" being forced into retirement by a corrupt mayor while having your family threatend by the mob.

Its not good police work, just what needs to be done, i.e he resisted and needs to be put into a coma or dead.

Kinda deserves it for those potted plants desu

I'd consider it more tasteful and appealing than the anime women you keep posting. I don't require myself to emotionally or conceptually connect to art, architecture, or music to enjoy it. Asking what something is meant to convey as an argument is low-IQ-tier user

Isn't art in and of itself a meme?

According to Evola, the reason Modern art is shit now is because while early modern art represented a sort of existential crisis of the artist, modern modern art is just a corporate money grab. No real skill or thought is put into, and it's mostly pseuds trying to be edgy.

not wrong

>complains about the art not conveying some more complex meaning
>shitposts his anime waifus that are meant to be little more than ugu kawaii ^.^

I will gladly take a neat looking piece over your shallow fetishes, user

What the fuck was his problem?

I'd like to know why architecture took such a massive plummet too.

The modern period extends from about 1860 to 1970 depending on what line you take, modernism encompasses nearly all new movements within that period. If you don't see why blanket shitting on the whole is abjectly retarded, I'd wager that your interest in art wouldn't extend much farther than Freidrich's Wanderer[...] and a handful of 19th century academy battle and classical scenes.

Then criticise the elitist culture. It would be daft to drink home brand instant coffee because you dislike coffee snobs, just don't read the tasting notes for the single origin pourovers. Enjoy the art, don't read the criticism if that's what bothers you. Also you are pretty out of touch if you think anybody here is going to bother watching a video from that arrogant, smug piece of shit jumped up youtube """""comedian"""".

CIA psyop to destroy the family

he's like art world's version of R.lee erney

>It would be daft to drink home brand instant coffee because you dislike coffee snobs
that's an awful analogy. Coffee snobs don't use coffee as a tax evasion method nor deny the sale of coffee to other people because they aren't in their group.

If you want to live in a world of nothing but shallow aesthetics then that's fine but for those of us who are more interested in meaning abstraction is an interesting new dimension to art.

Are you somebody other than the person I'm replying to, that didn't fully read the context? Because otherwise that's even more stupid than I thought. Instead of being a natural reaction to perceived pretension, you dislike the elitist culture behind modern art because art can and is sometimes used to launder money. It's like disliking General Motors because some used car salesmen are crooked.

>modern art is tax evasion

It used to be a money laundering tool. Make your minds up.

Sorry, sub evade tax for launder money, too used to seeing that chestnut in these threads.

>No one in this thread, both the defenders and attackers, has bothered to bring up the fact modern art actually ended in the 1970s and the current art period we are in is called Contemporary art
Holy shit, the absolute state of Veeky Forums. Even /co/ of all places knows this fact. How can we trust what any body has said here if one user's idea of modern art is completely different from another anons. It would be like trying to talk about WW2 but you keep using armies, conflicts and people from WW1 as talking points.

>using Adam Ruins Everything as a source
an hero

Modern art/architecture/movements/anything >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> postmodern art/architecture/movements/anything
Modernism is actually pretty God-tier.

actually read the thread you mong

>the bougiouse are behind the bad art!
you all just have bad taste. And art isn't candy, your not suppose to want to appreciate or even enjoy every piece. But like medicine, its bitter taste has a greater purpose.

ITT: People who talk lot of shit they know nothing about

>tfw modern art is actually pretty good but the new york and american shit is pure trash except for some architecture
why did we get stuck with action painting and neo dada?

It hurts.

>He doesn't share my political views, therefore anything else he says is wrong by association.
typical black and white thinking, atleast argue against his actual points and not his reputation on this site.

That would mean he'd have to watch his video, and who the fuck is going to do that?

bump

Just a reminder that Classical art is inherently pagan, specifically Greco-Roman, in nature.
>but M-M-MUH CHRISTKIKE ARTISTS
If I build a Japanese style palace in the US and use it as a church, it is still a Japanese palace.

How can you look at this and not like it?

It was pushed by the CIA during the cold war

t. not gonna make it

This. Absolutely pointless and embarrassing thread.

90% of anime and anime art is formulaic generic tripe, an art movement sure, but that doesn't make it good

No, it's the fact you used a YT tier "comedian" to argue about art.

I have a fuckton of cocaine, a bunch of blank canvases, and even more paint. You have a fuckton of money equal in value to the fuckton of coaine I posses. It would look fishy if you just lost a fuckton of money and gained seemingly nothing, at least from the perspective of the local police force. To make sure we don't get caught, I come up with a plan. I splash some paint around a single blank canvas nonsensically and I call it modern art. You "buy" the "painting" officially, meanwhile I give you the fuckton of cocaine on the side. There, you just lost a fuckton of money for which you have a cover story (the "painting") and you also have the cocaine on the side (off the record). Money laundering.

Define art.

>somebody asks for a citation for modern art = money laundering
>gets bullshit unnecessarily complicated, bong-rippingly stupid hypothetical, no reference
Every fucking time.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I have money that needs laundering, I buy works from established artists with cash through a gallery or even at auction thanks to the culture of non-disclosure of buyers and sellers with auction houses. I can then use that as collateral for a loan, and/or store and flip them later. No one style or era is vulnerable because the ease of which art can be used to launder money is down to ease of storage and the culture of non-disclosure.

nytimes.com/2017/02/19/arts/design/has-the-art-market-become-an-unwitting-partner-in-crime.html

Holy fuck this is savage.

Conceptual evolution of expression evolving into abstractism and "what is art" after leaving the aestheticity and naturalism behind
Realism and hyperrealism being underlooked in society after the arrival of post-truth
Coprophilic and outright disgusting "performance" art being given a big crown of morbid viewers thanks to overreacting retards who should know better than give free publicity
Art market being based on reputation pricing
Rich retarded fucks who want to have million dollar pieces and dont really give a fuck if its good art or not.
Pathological decay of mental health and increase in cases of depression and anxiety due to shit lifestyle and enviroment; coupled with an overall pessimistic view of society and life
Fetishism of individual elements in art
Disconnection from the common people; the artist and the work
Artistic communities being worse than political parties
Total failure of the scholastic system in teaching classical art in a non normalising and retardedly boring way.

you dont get it

This.

Thanks for playing.

Seconded. Getting tired of anti-traditionalist shills trying to market themselves like this

>not worshipping the physical manifestation of memes

people really take it for granted

Impressionism opened the floodgates to the "it just has to look like something you can recognize or maybe not to be art" movement

It reminds me of the floor in our OSHA-failed paints warehouse. What should I be seeing?

them moving and acting out a scene until it becomes SS soldiers comitting warcrimes in dechau

>Marcel Duchamp decides to troll and take the literal piss out of the art world
>everyone takes him seriously

And now we have talentless hacks and tasteless shit for over a century.

Oh my God no it didn't. Explain why traditional Chinese or African art isn't naturalistic, or why the vast majority of effort put into illuminated manuscripts in the middle ages was on their complex decorative patterns which have absolutely nothing to do with what anything really looks like. You don't know what you're talking about.

Ah yes, the famous chinese and african art which influenced history and artists through the ages

What?

>abstraction is an interesting new dimension to art
It's been that way for more than 100 years.
I wonder how long it will be "new" for?
I guessing if you had your way it would stay "new" no matter how old and busted it was.

What kind of fucktard defines a building by it's architectural style instead of how it's used?

The most I can visualize from it is a riot but even then that's stretching it. If you can appreciate stuff like that, good for you. I unfortunately cant

no one cares about sub-humans art

because good art requires legitimate creativity.

Up until a certain point you an innovation in art was just more skill, more realism, more idealism. There's really nothing left in any of these.

threads like these is how we know Veeky Forums is a /pol/ satelite

only poltards are this open about how uneducated they are

>anti-traditionalist shills
You mean normal people?

Modern art is Jewish bullshit and you're a naive cuck who would eat dog shit if somebody told it something becoming of a person with """""education""""".

How about a book. "Money Laundering Through Art: A Criminal Justice Perspective"
if that's TL;DR, check out this link hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/art/214699-guide-to-laundering-money-art

>gets bullshit unnecessarily complicated, bong-rippingly stupid hypothetical, no reference

It's not complicated.

There is no reason it cannot be both.