Good books about the Winter War?

Just looking for some comfy reading presenting perspectives from both sides.

i'm bumping this i want to know too

there's a Veeky Forums chart on this

Oh shit. Thank you.
T. not op

>beating the Russians
Do even historians bealive that Finland won?

Hello Sascha

Iam Dane

Thats even worse

Are you still buttmad about not having own country until Swedish Russian that could not speak a word Finnish named Mannerheim estabilished Germ puppet state in 1918?

>beating the russians
The article talks about the first part of the conflict when the finns actually did beat the russians you tard

>german puppet state
>stabs germany in the back
What did he mean by this?

Well they achieved all their realistic strategic goals for a defensive war and stopped fighting only when they essentialy run out of ammo. Yeah they lost but nobody tought they would last that long and conflict such cassualties on commies.

*inflict

>Well they achieved all their realistic strategic goals for a defensive war
Well, you know, Germs technicaly won WW1
>stopped fighting only when they essentialy run out of ammo
no, they stopped fighting when Red army break through the Mannerheim line
>Yeah they lost but nobody tought they would last that long and conflict such cassualties on commies.
Which helped Red army to completely re-organize itself as well as change tactics and strategies which won them the war. Finngols are responsible for Soviets winning the WW2

Red army broke thru mannerheim line because finnish artillery was out of ammo you dumbo

keep telling yourself that Russian Swede

William R Trotters book is very good

Also, its not entirely about the Winter War but Larry Thornes biography (born a soldier - J. Micheal Cleverly or something like that ) is definitely worth a read

Depends on what you mean by victory.
The Soviets failed to achieve their goals while the finns did. Fierce finnish resistance forced soviets to sue piece instead of what happened to for example Germany.

I thought Veeky Forums was the board of the thinking man, and /pol/ for seekers of sensationalism.

Pretty much what said
The finns knew they could never beat the soviets. The main goal was to hold them off long enough for foreign help while holding as much ground/inflecting as many casualties as possible to help bring the Soviets to the table to talk peace.
The Soviet goal was to have Finland captured within 2 weeks and put in a puppet state essientally like in the Baltics.
Finns may have lost land but they remained independent unlike most of eastern europe

Soviet goal was to exchange several dozens of km2 near Leningrad and give Finns huge part of Eastern Karelia, Finnish goal did not existed.

Soviet goal was to annex Finland you fool.
> Finnish goal did not existed
Finns just took up arms because they were bored, ok.

if you're gonna be silly, just go to /pol/ ok

Those were the demands before the war began, but the end result would be finland under the iron curtain,

finns sued for peace, what are you talking about?

They also demanded a military base in Hanko which is a stone's throw away from Helsinki which simply wasn't viable for a neutral nation.

Finland was Soviet puppet during the Cold war

Finland had very loose strings as a democratic capitalist country answering mostly all your calls had benefits. Finland sold shit ton of western tech to Soviet Union. And when Finland managed to get accepted into getting internet access some shithead broke into some US networks almost immediately prompting US to almost cutting Finland off the internet.

source plz

Posting this here because I should probably ask Veeky Forums, but fuck Veeky Forums.

I'm looking for memoirs and primary accounts of the world wars to read. I just read Storm of Steel by Junger, and Goodbye to All That by Robert Graves, and I loved them.

However, the catch is they have to be well-known enough I can actually find the fucking audiobook to download. I want them for my long commute.

I guess I'm most interested in WW2 as I've just been reading about WW1 and would like a change of pace, but it doesn't really matter. I don't really care about the country, theater, or whatever, just that it's well-written.

Unknown Soldiers by vaino linna is an excellent book. It was written by a continuation war veteran and follows a machine gun platoon throughout the continuation war.

Gives you a really good idea of what these guys went through and the attitude towards war of the average Finnish soldier. It is a renowned classic in Finland. The latest live action movie of it smashed box office records in Finland

have fun with your vidya ptsd

War of the White Death-- Bair Irincheev.
deals with the whole war as told from both sides, doesn't take any side. downside it's very brief at only 290 pages.

The Winter War-- Eloise Engle and Lauri Paananen
Deals with mostly the Finnish side of the war. Very descriptive.

Both of these books are published by Stackpole Military History Series.

Amerimutts fear the finnish super hackers

i always wanted to try it, but its impossible to find link for that

Thanks for the recs my dude

I read one literally named "The winter war", it was great.

Are you really trying to shane a Finn? They have the world's oldest advanced culture retard.

I pirated it off the Bay years back.What were the Finns going to do shake their fists at me?

If I remember right it was made by Russian developers. The Finnish unit taunts had hilariously heavy Russian accent to them. I didi'nt really like the game that much for the couple of scenarios that I tried out.

I downloaded my version of from Mega couple of years ago. I think the link was from one of those Veeky Forums or /v/ pastebin thread about the Blitzkrieg games and their spinoffs.