The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed

>The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed.
Is this true?

No. Geass was such a shit anime.

+1

The problem with comments like this on Veeky Forums are genuine agreement and mocking disregard become indistinguishable.

I like it, it debunks "Vae Victus" and the "right of conquest" quite nicely.

The taking of a human life, even your own, is inherently wrong.

Wasn't there a bit in logh during the stadium scene where someone says "you think you can kill as you like just because you're prepared to die?"

What is Yui's philosophical outlook?

Any hero may kill. But the greatest kill themselves, to ascend into Godhood.

To ascend to godhood you need to sacrifice all your companions.

Why though?

>debunks

>you must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how could you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?

So if a guy is trying to shoot and kill me and I shoot him first and he dies I should've just let him kill me?

I can get behind it

Not if you had some other cause you would have been willing to die for I guess

How about the cause of not dying?

Write a will before you go and murder, good advice

As long are you're willing to die for it

ITT: Man children who got trophies even when thier team lost.

Yeah it makes sense honestly.
Unless you're talking self defense. But then I guess even if you don't kill you should be prepared to be killed since you aren't defending yourself.
All around pretty solid quote.

Actually, I think Geass was correct about this. Not about many other things though. If you want to murder others, be prepared to face that same fate.

What if I were a disgruntled man driving a truck into hundreds of people but i'm willing to get killed by cops?

my first anime and after 193 series is still in my top along with Shinsekai Yori, Madoka and Evangelion

Yeah, it's corrupt talk. Lelouch is giving himself the license to do whatever he deems necessary. It's a philosophy for anyone who believes they have nothing to lose.

It's also a philosophy for people serving a higher cause

>ShinSekaiYori
glad to see Veeky Forums is still patrician borad

Perfectly befits a terrorist.

The retarded thing about it is that it doesn't have any division of the right cause. It merely states that if you wanted to kill people it's morally right as long as you are willing to die too. In CG's case it was pretty retarded becasue Lelouch's plan was always retard shit, with no gaurantee to work and always solely for his sister anyways. In fact statements like this in general are just valueless excuses for the lazy might is right - that the human is capable of causing suffering in the assured belief that under his meter of unsuffering there will be overall less suffering in the run of history.
And of course we're not even talking about cases like where the cause the person is willing to die for is obviously nefarious.

>Implying you can debunk the truth

Kek

That's the most tryhard list I've seen in a while, apart from CG.

>The retarded thing about it is that it doesn't have any division of the right cause. It merely states that if you wanted to kill people it's morally right as long as you are willing to die too.
That wasn't the extent of Lelouch's philosophy.

>always solely for his sister anyways
Literally not true. In the beginning he used Euphie as an excuse for revenge but later he extended his purpose for the sake of his friends and all man.

> that the human is capable of causing suffering in the assured belief that under his meter of unsuffering there will be overall less suffering in the run of history.
I'll admit that I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

>And of course we're not even talking about cases like where the cause the person is willing to die for is obviously nefarious.
Once again, that wasn't the only philosophy Lelouch lived by and in no way does the original statement imply that it is the only needed justification for killing.

>The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed
>Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection

What did he mean by this?

No. Also, Geass and Fairy Tail are why we can't have nice things OP.

Unironically a smart plan

The people in this thread are retarded, the only thing he is saying is to expect consequences.

If we're talking about the statement only in the context of lelouch then I agree there's more to his philosophy, but there didn't seem to be a very great level of thought with him in the first place. My statement on suffering is just how a lot of humans believe inflicting misery will lead to higher good, and while this can be a valid statement on certain levels, when it comes to influencing the course of human history it just tends to be hubristic, and those people usually have a vast overestimation of their system and foreseeablity, or just have 'might is right' at core. This can still apply to lelouch since he is constantly inflicting violence to achieve his ends when a vague sense that he is doing right in the end. But honestly discussing morality with CG just feels retarded. It's a poorly written mess to me and I don't understand how a person can take it's cheap moral crap seriously enough to make a thread.

Fiction generally does this. It is not meant to teach you detailed ethics. Simply puts up an internal explanation. Fits the context well enough, which is all I expected from a Japanese cartoon. Exceptions just prove the rule.

This is an example of an analytic apriori proposition and an affirmative subject-predicate judgment whose the predicate concept is contained with the subject concept. The concept "fun things" contains the concept "fun"; the concept "fun" is part of the definition of the concept "fun things."

Clearly it is a reference to Kant's Critique if Pure Reason, particularly the examination on the possibility of metaphysics, which later on is expanded by Yui alluding to Frege and Carnap's logical positivism by asking whether one can't call "Fun things" simply "Funs".

Frege's notion of analyticity included a number of logical properties and relations beyond containment: symmetry, transitivity, antonymy, or negation and so on. He had a strong emphasis on formality, in particular formal definition, and also emphasized the idea of substitution of synonymous terms. "Funs are fun" can be expanded out wit the formal definition of "Funs" as "Fun things" to from "Fun things are fun" which is recognizable as tautologous and therefore analytic from it's logical form" any statement of the form "All X that are (F and G)". This expanded idea of analyticity was able to show that all Kant's examples of arithmetical and geometrical truths are analytical apriori truths not synthetic apriori truths.

>should
Spooky.

This.

>what is self-defense
No I kill PRECISELY because I am not prepared to die
faggot

t. brainlet too slow for CG

Yeah I'm aware how cheap most of anime is. I just feel like CG incredibly overrated in this regard, and by a majority only liked by people here because of nostalgia shitposting.

eat shit

No, not even Lelouch believed it, the entire plot is him RPing to convince idiots he's genuine

>Shinsekai Yori

boku no nigga

The first season was good, before the retarded powerleveling dogshit

It's only decent until the landslide genocide quite frankly

This, it's just chuuni speak.