How did so many German tribes crossed the Alps into Italy past antiquity...

How did so many German tribes crossed the Alps into Italy past antiquity, when back during the Punic wars when Hannibal did it, it was tough an impossible task?

Did they all went the long way trough Gaul/France? And how comes they managed to do that so many times? Was really nobody able to secure such a narrow stretch of land? I would think that even among the chaos, it wouldn't take that many people to do so.

>How did so many German tribes crossed the Alps
Which ones exactly?

All the ones that buttfucked Rome in the years leading up to the 5th century. Goths and Lombards come to mind.

>when Hannibal did it, it was tought an impossible task?
If Hannibal did it, it was probably not so impossible after all.

They were Teutonic but not Germans.

They weren't wimpy North Africans?

They didn't insist on bringing Autism Elephants for one

they were germanIC

I read somewhere that Germans would sled down mountains while naked on their shields.

But not German

Considering Germany didn't exist until 1000 years later, that is true

Hannibal crossed the alps from the west were they are higher and you can defend the mountain passes more easily
The few germanic tribes invaded from east

>German
>Goths
>Lombards

Pick one

t. Hans Scheissetrueker

You mean Germanic and the majority of those that went on to the Appenine peninsula did so from the east.

Yeah
Op is a brainlet and cant get germanic =/= German

It's better to say germanic, than teutonic. Of course you are right, there is a certain confusion in the correct nomenclature. The Teutons of course a Germanic tribe that (along with the Cimbri) invaded Italy, but of course as said

Visigoths weren't even associated with Germans until fairly recently. Either way they were Eastern Germanic while Germans are Western Germanic, unrelated people.

>Germans are Western Germanic, unrelated people.
Wrong

They can be from every germanic tribe, german is just a modern term

German and Germanic definitely cannot be used interchargeably.

Of course not, i always correct people

People in germany are from different germanic tribes, can from east or west

German is like Snickers while Germanic is like candy. All Snickers are candy but not all candy is Snickers.

check'em

Quads spell the answer