Was there ever a prohibition of alcohol in place in predominantly Catholic countries or is this a exclusively...

Was there ever a prohibition of alcohol in place in predominantly Catholic countries or is this a exclusively Protestant thing?

>

*downs bottle of whiskey*
Really, though, that's Rowan Atkinson

It was exclusively an American thing. Although Brits did have a Temperance League so an Anglo thing as well.

>It was exclusively an American thing.
Bullshit, there was several prohibitions in place in various Scandinavian countries.

i seem to remember something about communism disliking alcohol too but i can't remember any communist nations going all the way to prohibition.

No it was definitely a protestant thing. See what said.

A fun fact during the Prohibition era was that since American governed the Philippines as a territory at the time, American progressives mulled experimenting with temperance in the Philippines. American governors in the Philippines flat out rejected the idea because the wholly Catholic populace would probably blow up in anger over liquor bans.

So in the 1920s, taking advantage of free travel to and fro the islands, thirsty Amerigans wandered into Flipdom.

So prohibition is at least in some way connected with Protestant (Calvinistic) ethics then?

Protestantism is balanced by Austrian economics else you get a shitfest

fuck off!

I read a book a long time ago about Cromwell and England and the author wrote about the nightlife. I don't remember if it was after Cromwell left the government or if it was Cromwell himself who implemented the alcohol ban. I'm not sure if it's accurate to say alcohol ban but if I remember correctly people were afraid of drinking at night and parties with alcohol was extremely limited
Cromwell was a disgusting double-faced rat puritan so it's possible it was him that tried to limit alcohol in Angloland

So Puritans killed the fun for everybody then?

>the blood of christ
>prohibit

no

Russians had temperance league too. Got cucked by gobirment thou

Is there a more culturally destructive force in history than the women's church group?

>inherent behavioral patterns

century after century after century... all we realy do is repeat behavior by program

As usual

Is this the same game as the US war on drugs and Latin South America paying the price for it? Like the US position is based on puritan values and not on logic?

In some ways it is. Though the US obviously isn't puritan anymore, it's values and teachings are so inborn into the foundation elements of our history and government that you can find it's DNA everywhere, even when we're not conscious of it.

For instance, the "Protestant Work Ethic" and America's attitude towards social relief programs and health care...

was this pic satire by a bunch of cross dressers?

The women who marched on Versailles

>prohibit the blood of Christ
No even the syndics of Catalonia would do that